Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

I've been saying these things before van gaal even had any problems. Iv even been targeting players like mata being a problem with regards to tactics before his flop of forms.

Just read my previous posts & age of them - it would be easy to see & disapprove your comments. (i suggest not doing so because we are clearly on the opposite sides) It is now you who is making stuff up now.

Am i disrespectful or something to reign myself in? I talk about a clear purpose (keeping LVG) & will post any half detail or theory to back that up.

Meanwhile most of the anti LVG brigade will talk about how they feel bored and wont watch United games anymore. All seem similar to Usain Bolt who suddenly does not want to play for United :lol:.

Ultimately no-one gives a shit how people feels.

@JPRouve, read this mate. It's all i wanted to show. Even if Heycknes is the guy who takes Bayern to the finish line, it is LVG who started the Marathon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-father-bayern-6656593
Look, I don't need articles or interviews. I primarily follow the Bundesliga and know what Van gaal did at Bayern, I also know what he did before because I followed his career. My doubts are because I know what he did before, what we are witnessing isn't what Van gaal wants and the fact that he has been unable to implement his football after 18 months is very worrying.

Edit: I am under the impression that we have 25 Klose in the team.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Look, I don't need articles or interviews. I primarily follow the Bundesliga and know what Van gaal did at Bayern, I also know what he did before because I followed his career. My doubts are because I know what he did before, what we are witnessing isn't what Van gaal wants and the fact that he has been unable to implement his football after 18 months is very worrying.

Okay thats fine. I dont watch the bundealiga as much as you so i have to choose between believing in players like lahm or robben or believe you. Thanks anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
Okay thats fine. I dont watch the bundealiga as much as you so i have to choose between believing in players like lahm or robben or believe you. Thanks anyway.
You don't have to chose, since they are right and I'm not saying anything else than at United he isn't good. The fact that he isn't good with United doesn't change his previous jobs, he brought possession football to Munich and he is usually a good teacher but with United, you can clearly see that the players don't understand what possession football is, they seem to think that it's just about keeping the ball.

C'est Moi Cantona

:lol:

I've been saying these things before van gaal even had any problems. Iv even been targeting players like mata being a problem with regards to tactics before his flop of forms.

Just read my previous posts & age of them - it would be easy to see & disapprove your comments. (i suggest not doing so because we are clearly on the opposite sides) It is now you who is making stuff up now.

Am i disrespectful or something to reign myself in? I talk about a clear purpose (keeping LVG) & will post any half detail or theory to back that up.

Meanwhile most of the anti LVG brigade will talk about how they feel bored and wont watch United games anymore. All seem similar to Usain Bolt who suddenly does not want to play for United :lol:.

@JPRouve, read this mate. It's all i wanted to show. Even if Heycknes is the guy who takes Bayern to the finish line, it is LVG who started the Marathon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-father-bayern-6656593

I never said you hadn't, when I said recently I didn't mean last week, but you seem to take things literally.

My advice to rein yourself in was merely a bit of friendly advice. I like Depay, and feel he will become a really good player for us in the future, but I know at this time it's a debate I am going to lose, so I'll wait until he shows it on the pitch, you maybe should do the same with LvG.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

You're one of the most sensible posters on here when it comes to LvG. You don't like the way we're playing atm but still you don't claim this is how LvG wants us to play. The way he wants us to play is Anfield (A), Spurs (H) and City (H) last year and to be fair, those were fun to watch. As you say, though, it's worrying he hasn't implemented his ideas on a regular basis by now. Blame is on both him and the players but ultimately it's managers who get the sack.

I'm on the fence for the time being, swaying each way depending on results and performances, however fickle it sounds. I just like the fact you aren't making shit up just to beat LvG as there are enough valid arguments to do so anyway. Good point about Kloses in our team :lol:.

tarjei2k

LvG's problems summed up in one short post? Barring the last two games, of course. Let's just hope the Big Hairy One can keep it up.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo £51M
2. Lionel Messi £49M
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic £25M
4. Neymar JR £21M-£22M
5. James Rodriguez £20.5M-£21M
6. Gareth Bale £19.5M-£20.5M
7. Wayne Rooney £16.8M-£17.5M
8. Luiz Suarez £15.5M-£16.5M
9. Sergio Aguero £15M-£15.5M
10. Radamel Falcao £13.5M-£15M

Edit: Source: A blog.

Spot the odd one out (yes, I know there's two, but maybe that just goes a way to explain Chelsea's recent troubles, or no?).

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Do you actually, really believe what you write? It's so far detached from the reality, I'm really worried about you. In general I find the crazy love for one manager really odd. I get that as fan of a club you're biased about what's happening around that club. But with van Gaal and his fans, it's really like a religious **** with him as god. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Nail on the head.

These LvG threads have become parodies of the religion ones, and the arguments just as frustrating and vague. An example I picked at random:
Because you think Heynckes' Bayern would have done what they did without Louis van Gaal being the predecessor. In that treble winning season his influence was clear, Jupp built on his foundations, his work was still good work even if he got sacked.
What I find frustrating about these arguments is how this Van Gaal deity is held to a different set of standards; he is unique as manager/coach, the first and probably last whose main job is to lay 'foundations', even if it's at the expense of results, which it often is. What's more, these 'foundations' are not for himself but 'successors'. They have the good fortune of inheriting these struggling teams that have been blessed with his 'blueprint for greatness'.

This greatness kicks into action the moment he's out the door. For some reason he has to be gone for the magic to work.

But even if things still don't work out after he's gone its still not his fault, because:
The 5 trophy less years after van gaal - barcelona went through the exact type of thing i do not want to happen at united. Chopping & changing managers, managers who did not carry on van gaal's foundations at all. It became a purely result business & rexach and serra Ferrers were playing for top 4positions and nothing else.
He's absolutly infallible:
  1. Team plays shite on a stick? It's the players, they don't understand the philosophy.
  2. No goals? The philosophy needs a Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Muller type player upfront.
  3. Dropping points? He's not here for that; he's here to lay foundations (whatever those are). Besides, results are for glory hunters and impatient fans, right?
  4. He goes and were still shite: The guy after him didn't build on his foundation. Or stuck it up the wrong hole. Or something.
  5. He goes, we get a good manager and win stuff: Haha! I told you so.
  6. We could've been greater if he'd stayed longer. The longer we suffer his soul crushing football, the better our team is in the seasons hereafter. Believe, la!

I'l give it to you, what me & other posters say is hard to grasp,
It's not hard to grasp, it's just nonsense thats hard to agree with, that's all. Sorry.
but this was because the ones who back him are the one's who did the research on his positives & negatives.
aka Google search? Fair enough.

I prefer to trust what my eyes see on the pitch.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Nail on the head.

These LvG threads have become parodies of the religion ones, and the arguments just as frustrating and vague. An example I picked at random:

What I find frustrating about these arguments is how this Van Gaal deity is held to a different set of standards; he is unique as manager/coach, the first and probably last whose main job is to lay 'foundations', even if it's at the expense of results, which it often is. What's more, these 'foundations' are not for himself but 'successors'. They have the good fortune of inheriting these struggling teams that have been blessed with his 'blueprint for greatness'.

This greatness kicks into action the moment he's out the door. For some reason he has to be gone for the magic to work.

But even if things still don't work out after he's gone its still not his fault, because:

1. Team plays shite on a stick? It's the players, they don't understand the philosophy.
  2. No goals? The philosophy needs a Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Muller type player upfront.
  3. Dropping points? He's not here for that; he's here to lay foundations (whatever those are). Besides, results are for glory hunters and impatient fans, right?
  4. He goes and were still shite: The guy after him didn't build on his foundation. Or stuck it up the wrong hole. Or something.
  6. We could've been greater if he'd stayed longer. The longer we suffer his soul crushing football, the better our team is in the seasons hereafter. Believe, la!

It's not hard to grasp, it's just nonsense thats hard to agree with, that's all. Sorry.

Van gaal isn't here to just lay foundations - it'd something he will do regardless. His trust in youth and how he matured them and puts them in to a team is built around a high influence of tactics. That is all the 'philosophy' is. It is tactics.

I'm not saying that he was bought here to lay foundations but he will do just that. Now considering he did do that whilst winning a couple things at barcelona & bayern - i'd be dissapointed if the fans cut him lose simply for rating this bunch of youngsters against the experienced sides of the past. We have not had a squad like this since the class of 92.

I want to see them grow. Currently there is one manager available if any that will give chance to youth. Let's not flip the boat over.

Finally, yes i did do research on google and books ( ajax's 90), so that is also marginally better than what you do who just sits there watcbing games - simply because I do thst to.

As i said anyway - what i learnt were from players, not posters.

Goodnight everybody :boring:. May your judgement day on Lord Van Gaal bare fruit whatever action you want thrust upon him.

spwd

Nail on the head.

Fantastic post and agree with every word, if mr Santiago is t a wum I believe he needs medical help, surely someone can't be that blind!

POF

Nail on the head.

But even if things still don't work out after he's gone its still not his fault
I cannot believe you cannot grasp this simple logic.

LVG lays incredible foundations so the next manager can easily go on to dominate world football with the most impressive free flowing football ever seen.

The key is that the club appoints another manager who will follow LVG's philosophy to the letter and success is a mere formality. It may seem logical that if this was even remotely true, LVG's team would show signs of this free flowing football and future dominance but those who have done the research know it doesn't work that way.

Rob Bowman

Oh... you mean those folk who buy the tickets for the games and the folk who buy the kits to wear?

Or what about me who buys a plane ticket sorts a hotel and a ticket for a game about once a year?

Yeah who cares if they are entertained or what they think.

;)

JPRouve

Scout
LvG's problems summed up in one short post? Barring the last two games, of course. Let's just hope the Big Hairy One can keep it up.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo £51M
2. Lionel Messi £49M
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic £25M
4. Neymar JR £21M-£22M
5. James Rodriguez £20.5M-£21M
6. Gareth Bale £19.5M-£20.5M
7. Wayne Rooney £16.8M-£17.5M
8. Luiz Suarez £15.5M-£16.5M
9. Sergio Aguero £15M-£15.5M
10. Radamel Falcao £13.5M-£15M

Edit: Source: A blog.

Spot the odd one out (yes, I know there's two, but maybe that just goes a way to explain Chelsea's recent troubles, or no?).
Falcao earns 14m€ not pound.

Esquire

I lost faith in Van Gaal because the results in December seemed to indicate he'd lost the dressing room. Until last week there was no evidence of any kind of turnaround. We went from first to sixth in a month, winning no games.

I am still not convinced by Van Gaal. His philosophy remains boring and his decisions remain baffling. Yet, the players at least look like they are playing for him now. Maybe there was some logic to the club sticking with him through the sticky patch? If the players are with him I can be persuaded to give him a few more months.

If we were going to get shot of him it should have been on Boxing Day before the winter transfer window opened. Giving a new manager no time and no money seems daft. If the mutiny has been averted, maybe its worth him taking us through to May and then waving goodbye?
The players aren't just playing for him. They're playing for their own personal futures as well surely. Despite the fact that we have had three largely forgettable seasons (including this one), United remains one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world and leaving the club would in almost all cases mean a step down for the players. But in any case the writing is on the wall that he stays the rest of the season, which is annoying in itself. You know you're going to get served dull and tasteless fare every week from now on, but you can't bring yourself to stop eating the junk.

Esquire

I think you've cracked it. I think LVG needs to tell our players to work against one another. - then we can win the title!

Tell that to Chelsea. We had 72% possession against them at Stamford Bridge.

This year we have Rooney and Memphis who also cannot keep hold of the ball..

LVG has stated clearly that his team are doing exactly what he wants.
The problem he identified:
1. we don't score from every chance created
2. we don't have Neymar, Suarez and Messi in our team.
When we have both of the above (which will never happen), then we can win the title.

I'll put it another way. Bournemouth and Norwich, with lesser players, were able to beat us. How did they manage this?
Answer: a better manager and better tactics.
Honestly mate, I don't know why you guys bother refuting the inane comments he posts. I suspect LVG is his dad.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The players aren't just playing for him. They're playing for their own personal futures as well surely. Despite the fact that we have had three largely forgettable seasons (including this one), United remains one of the biggest and most prestigious clubs in the world and leaving the club would in almost all cases mean a step down for the players. But in any case the writing is on the wall that he stays the rest of the season, which is annoying in itself. You know you're going to get served dull and tasteless fare every week from now on, but you can't bring yourself to stop eating the junk.
Its harder to replace 23 players than replace one manager, look at what Chelsea did to Mou and Madrid did to Rafa. Regardless of what noises come out of Old Trafford, if the players decided to down tools and had lost to Sheffield United, Newcastle, and Liverpool, Van Gaal would be gone. The board would not allow us to be totally cut adrift from the Champions League places, and get humiliated by lower league sides in the Cup. The financial consequences for United, as a business, would be too great for the Glazers to ignore.

If the players genuinely wanted rid of Van Gaal they could engineer his exit, then like Madrid's players they could turn on the style under a new manager and all would be forgotten. The idea of playing for their futures is pure fan talk. Players are constantly being told they are gods that people would crawl over glass for. Their wags tell them that, their agents tell them that, their lawyers, their accountants, their business managers, their publicists etc. This idea of playing for their futures probably doesn't even enter their heads. Maybe under Fergie it would've meant something, because Fergie was guaranteed to outlast everyone. Van Gaal has less than 18 months on his contract. Nobody is going to think playing badly for him is going to make a difference to their career.

For whatever reason the players have decided to put the knives away and wait for the end of the season. Maybe they got spooked by the idea of Jose coming in? Maybe now Van Gaal has listened to the complaints about his training they are happier? They are playing for him though. As long as they continue to record decent results and make the top four Van Gaal will be allowed to stay.

NinjaFletch

LVG has stated clearly that his team are doing exactly what he wants.
The problem he identified:
1. we don't score from every chance created
2. we don't have Neymar, Suarez and Messi in our team.
When we have both of the above (which will never happen), then we can win the title.

I'll put it another way. Bournemouth and Norwich, with lesser players, were able to beat us. How did they manage this?
Answer: a better manager and better tactics.
fecking hell what a load of rubbish. LVG has never said his team 'are doing exactly what he wants' he's been critical of the team on a number of occasions and in particular how slowly we move the ball. In fact, when he has criticised the team, those criticisms echo a lot of what is said on here.

Secondly, Norwich and Bournemouth beat us because we were in shit form, and had a shit load of injuries. Also, sometimes, you have things called upsets in football? Do you remember when we through away the league under Ferguson with a loss to bottom of the table Blackburn? Or when Leeds knocked us out of the FA Cup? Or lost to Wigan to contrive to throw away an 8 point lead? Was that because they had a 'better manager and better tactics' too? Sometimes, in sport the favourites don't win, if they did none of us would watch it.

I'm no fan of LVG anymore, either, but you can be critical of him without creating a completely fallacious straw-man to attack and complaining about things that are just bizarre.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
The shite we are playing, 18 months into his tenure, a team of his own creation now, is rotten and indefensible.

I enjoyed our Anfield win, did it do anything to make me think anything will change over the next 10 games? Not really.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Oh... you mean those folk who buy the tickets for the games and the folk who buy the kits to wear?

Or what about me who buys a plane ticket sorts a hotel and a ticket for a game about once a year?

Yeah who cares if they are entertained or what they think.

;)
I can't believe how lucky I and my missus were flying for the CSKA game (my first at OT) with Rooney's late winner:drool: Right before that streak of shit results.

I'd still be exctatic even if we hadn't won then but not so sure if it was my umpteenth time. It really cost a small fortune for me to fork out. Friend of mine went to West Ham game a few weeks later (his first at OT) and wasn't exactly a happy bunny when he came back, though.
Still, nobody gives a feck about you and me as we're seen as 'tourists' and 'tourists' will come to OT anyway. It's the regular match-goers that would be more likely to be listened to. Then again, if you hand in your ST there is probably quite a large queue waiting to replace them. The money's the same so why worry? We're more patient than fans of the other top dogs and the club knows that also.

Unless some boycotting of large proportions happens nobody at the club will give a feck that sb sorted plane/bus tickets and accomodation and spent his monthly, or in some cases 2 months' salary for the experience.

RedRover

The shite we are playing, 18 months into his tenure, a team of his own creation now, is rotten and indefensible.

I enjoyed our Anfield win, did it do anything to make me think anything will change over the next 10 games? Not really.
It's gone too far now to go back. For him to turn it around now to the level that would be required in terms of performances would be miraculous.

The system hasn't worked - but just as much, the players we've brought in haven't always been good enough and we look light in various positions, despite the money spent. Some, or maybe most of that has to be down to him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

In summary. Our play is still in a mess. You just can feel that if we win, mostly due to 'luck'; instead of us being a worthy winner.

JPRouve

Scout
He won the world cup with Spain, he deserves more time.

drdoityourself

I wanted to persist until the end of the season...but this is diabolical football and watching United is now a chore, almost every single time rather than entertainment. He has to go, it's like he takes two liters of blood from every single player before they enter the pitch.

bleedred

Stop with the hate guys, he is laying very good foundations for the next manager to win the Johnstone's paint trophy..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I still want to give him until the end of the season, but I'll admit I dread watching United games now even more than I did under Moyes..
Then why the hell give him til the end of the season?

There's no upside to keeping him. Not one.

Getting rid gives a new manager a chance of turning something around. No matter how small that chance might be its better than doing nothing.

Heinzesight

Was in the give him until May camp but that's it. He's slowly taken any enjoyment out of watching United. Every fan I know feels the same from young to old...surely there's nobody willing to back him now?