Is this the worst day of your United supporting life? (Every cloud has a silver lining)

Lentwood

Don’t be bloody ridiculous

This thread needs to be locked. I’ve seen Utd lose 3-6 to Southampton, 1-6 to City, 1-4 to Liverpool, 0-5 to Newcastle...not to mention all the crushing defeats or dropped points in games that actually mattered

This was the 3rd game in a season we’re playing for basically nothing anyway.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Not sure, but I believe it's pretty close. Absolutely embarrassing, amateur-hour performance that actually left me wondering how actually some of these clowns are professional footballers.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The worst for me was the day we found out Fergie was leaving, because I knew it was over there and then. I didn't think it would be this bad though :(

Nick7

Just another day in 7 years of abject failure from everyone at the club. I was more pissed off at the Palace and Brighton games. I expected something like this soon.

Suv666

Naa not even close. I dont care about United as much as I cared back then. 7 years of humiliation as numbed me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolutely not. It’s just the most recent bad day. Losing heavily with 10 men to Spurs (who mean nothing really) in an empty stadium in the third game of the season could never be the ‘worst day ever’.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Nowhere near the worst day.
We've been spanked by City, saw them win the league in the last minute, had bad defeats against Liverpool, contrived to lose knockout matches that we should have won - against big teams (Bayern) and small (Portsmouth). Off the pitch, we had the Glazer takeover.

This is just another game that further fuels my anger towards the current regime - owners, CEO, manager.

EricEricDjembaDjemba

There's been worse results in terms of losing league titles or a cup final, but this might be the lowest I've felt after a loss because of how far I think we are from getting back to where we were.

James_42

The Nani red card against Madrid was the most pissed off I ever got after a game.

izzydiggler

Not even close...we ceased to be a ’top club’ a long time ago. The worst days are when you have hope snatched away.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This is spot on for me too. Too much wrong with this club now. The last 7 years exposed us, fergie covered it up for 8 years because he was so good. The club is rotten to the core, we let the damp rise and now we are consumed with it.
It's done.
Only chance is getting bought by an oil state.
I'm serious.

BulgarianDevil91

Nah, we're consistently shite as of late.

Worst days of my time as a fan were the two finals lost to Barca and the slapping we got from Citeh.

Get In Scholesy

Nah, hearing the news coming out that Fergie was retiring was it for me tbh.

Not to say I haven't had shit days supporting this club since, but nothing felt more shattering from a football perspective.

Siorac

Nah, not even close. I felt far worse when we had good teams but fecked up important games in gut-wrenching fashion. Leverkusen 2002 or Bayern 2010 springs to mind. It was very hard to get over those and it still gives me a pang of pain if I think of them.

This is just another one in a long line of embarassing episodes. I can take the despair, though. It's the hope I can't stand - but we have none of that once more.

Paul_Scholes18

I have never been so frustrated with everything. Before I have been more down and feeling low, but still had faith in things improving.
Now I just feel everything is a total mess here. The only good thing is that we got time to fix things if we act.

Zen

Nah.... this is kind of expected now. It barely stings anymore. Some of the stuff in Moyes' first year hurt a bit.... but the more it happened and the endless non-recovery barring a decent 18 months or so under Mou(though even that Sevilla loss was shit).

Doesn't come close to losing 1-6 to City, or them tough losses in the CL - you know Bayer 2002 or Bayern 2010... Porto or the two Real losses too, but not to the same level.

Jev

Nothing will ever be as bad as losing the title to City at the last whistle of the season. Plus, I don't care quite as much these days.

lilcurt

City were the worse team to lose to, but this result in the context of where we are as a club, the summer and the window shutting tomorrow is far far worse!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The day Leeds pipped us to the league was so much worse. But at least I had some faith back then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's been way worse days as a United fan.

Many involving Moyes, Fergie going, Cantona going.
Many games that the result was critical as a one off.

Today was a horror show and a real shocker, but this season has had many shockers, and it's clear very few teams have defenders that know the meaning of it.

No. Far from it.

I could list at least a dozen, and so can anyone else.

Bad day, appalling day. But nowhere near our lowest moment.

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Definitely not my worst day that would be Aguero getting that last minute goal to get the title. I went from elation at another title to physically throwing up.

This was absolutely crap but it's the level we're at atm

Nikelesh Reddy

For some posters I imagine it would be getting relegated 50 or so years ago and for others it would be somewhere in the 70s or 80s.

The City 6-1 was a huge sting but it was a one time thing, there have been other terrible results like losing 4-1 to Boro and 5-0 to Chelsea but they were just temporary lapses. This feels like the culmination of so much, and it doesn't look like it will be the end.

Ole in the end will get the boot whether rightly or wrongly, but there is so much wrong at the club beyond OGS.

I can't remember feeling this hopeless as a United fan, there have been defeats, lost cup finals but this one hurts more than anything I can remember.
It’s a terrible day,but for me our 4-1 defeat against City in 2013 was a horrible moment.It was the moment when reality started to sink in about what life could be like without SAF..,This is a terrible day,but hopefully this will eventually pave the way for a new era at the club...

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Yes, because it's an amalgam of negative stuff since 2013 = post-SAF mediocrity (still), usually struggling to even finish Top4, huge money wasted on failed signings (other than Bruno), past-it overpaid players (DDG, Pog), quality youngsters that for some reason are inconsistent (Rashford, Greenwood, McT), a clueless board led by a silver-spoon stubborn buffoon, the club owned by creepy-aloof americans, and finally being thrashed 1-6 at OT (mercifully empty) by a failed ex-manager who also happens to be one of the most despicable big mouths of elite football history.

I've always thought 2014 was the nadir. Seems like 2021 is going to be the nadir.

Ole Out, indeed, but who's next?

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
There were way worse days in recent years. But what changed this time is, that most fans went into the season pretty confidently and positively. So people are probably even more frustrated since the expectations are higher.

Shark

@NotShark
We went down to 10 men against a good club. Chill out.
:lol:

How many clubs over the past 10 years or more at this level got spanked 6-1 even when going to 10 men. Never mind a club of United’s size.

ravi2

Nah, my worst day is the Ole appointment closely followed by Moyes's.
Nothing could beat the summer where we lost Gill and SAF and replaced them with Woodward and Moyes.... then we chased Cesc and Bale all summer and ended up with Fellaini on deadline day...for 5 million more than his release clause was worth. The club was never the same.

TheRedDevil2019

Doesn't hurt as much as the title loss against Sunderland many years back, or the derby stuffing we suffered under Moyesy a few years back. However, I'm feeling upset and squirmish right now. Ole out? not at all, I blame Woodward and the board for not backing the manager in terms of giving him a much needed CB, LB and a competitive squad. We have been piss poor since the start, like City and numerous other big sides. The buck is with them for not providing United with a competitive squad.

Trophy Room

Depends on how you look at it. These kinds of defeats stink of a systemic problem and as long as we learn from it(!) we will come out stronger. The reality is that we are a top half of the table club that occasionally challenges for the champions league spots. I have supported Ole consistently but I think he is most suited to a director of football role - give the coaching reigns to someone else.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Nowhere near the pain of the 2011/12 last day. Horrible feeling.