Is this the worst it's been?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Have to say I think these are really dark days for the club
Run by idiots, Fred and mctominay starting most weeks, toxic culture, no cohesive playing style, five years without a trophy
I wouldn’t even know where to start to fix it all
From scratch.

Most of that side needs to be moved on.
They just arent good enough at all.

L1nk

In terms of embarrassment as a supporter, of course. I was in the stadium and felt it. In terms of performance, I think losing to Liverpool under a manager who had reached the end, is very much comparable to drawing with an average championship team under a manager who is supposed to be progressing the team.
How do you not see the progress? We absolutely dominated them from start to finish before ET, how is it Ralf's fault our players can't score a penalty or when we have a bloody open goal. Give your head a wobble for christs sake, people on here would have you believe Middlesbrough absolutely played us off the park and it was the worst we've played in over a hundred years

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Is this some extreme form of recency bias or is the result all people can consider. We should have scored loads if not for crap finishing and their only goal shouldn't have stood. Shit result, yeah, but it's not like getting completely outplayed to some piss poor team which has already happened a number of times this season.

pacifictheme

I think it's close to as bad as its been. The season has been overall fairly awful and this whole week has been very grim. Think a huge majority of the fanbase expected greenwood to be a super star for us in the next ten years and he'll never play for us again.

We didn't play badly tonight but it was at home to a championship team and we still lost.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How do you not see the progress? We absolutely dominated them from start to finish before ET, how is it Ralf's fault our players can't score a penalty or when we have a bloody open goal. Give your head a wobble for christs sake, people on here would have you believe Middlesbrough absolutely played us off the park and it was the worst we've played in over a hundred years
It's fecking Middlesbrough from the league below, pointing at us dominating isn't a positive it's the bear minimum given DDG aside it was our strongest team

Roboc7

This isn’t worst it’s been, people need to accept it’s going to take a long time to sort out shit show Ole left behind. This squad is nowhere near good enough and last three years did more harm than good.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Not even close. It seems like slow progression from a truly low point earlier in the season. The performance was pretty good and finally we are starting to look like a cohesive team who can pass and set things up together. On another night we finish the game about 5-0.

Dan_F

Yeah, I mean there’s progress compared to a 5-0 defeat against Liverpool if you want to view it that way. Let’s not pretend the preceding two years were at that level. Ole got flack for losing in semi’s to premier league teams. This is fecking shit.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
1 step forward....10 steps back. Manchester United

AshRK

I am at a point where I am not too hurt with nights like these. Yeah this is what we have become.

L1nk

It's fecking Middlesbrough from the league below, pointing at us dominating isn't a positive it's the bear minimum given DDG aside it was our strongest team
And? We did that bare minimum and should have done more, what more do you want considering how absolutely atrocious we have been for months now. If we had just stuck away a few of the easy chances, including a damn open goal, you'd be singing about how amazing we played rather than how it's the worst we've ever performed. It's complete hyperbole and overreaction from everyone on here, i'm angry we got knocked out as well but if you cannot see how much better we played as a team and a unit, considering not too long ago we couldn't even string 2 passes together or even hit a precision pass over 5 yards, then I honestly do not know what to say to you.

PoTMS

This isn’t worst it’s been, people need to accept it’s going to take a long time to sort out shit show Ole left behind. This squad is nowhere near good enough and last three years did more harm than good.
I agree with you that it's not our lowest ebb, but it's not always a long process to get back to a reasonable standard. That's the same thinking that afforded Ole three years to do the damage he did. The first thing you do is bring a competent manager in and I'm not sure we have one at the moment.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
City will stutter and Liverpool will leapfrop them to the title.

L1nk

Yeah, I mean there’s progress compared to a 5-0 defeat against Liverpool if you want to view it that way. Let’s not pretend the preceding two years were at that level. Ole got flack for losing in semi’s to premier league teams. This is fecking shit.
I'm not saying it's great and I am also angry that we are out. But surely over the last few months you've seen that we can't even pass the ball half the time. Tonight we had some really good attacking play and sturdy defending which is a far cry from what we've had all season, we were in complete control, it was genuinely one of those nights where it just wasn't going in no matter what and that sucks but from the performance itself (aside from the finishing) i thought there were much more things to be positive about over recent months

Woodenlung

The Liverpool and Watford performances were far worse. Under normal circumstances you could write off this evening as a fluke result. We were dominant and should have scored six or 7.

But in the context of our last 6 months it's utterly disastrous. We need a result to settle things after the Greenwood scandal and player unrest. The performance was good but the result will once again destabilise the players and fans.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And? We did that bare minimum and should have done more, what more do you want considering how absolutely atrocious we have been for months now. If we had just stuck away a few of the easy chances, including a damn open goal, you'd be singing about how amazing we played rather than how it's the worst we've ever performed. It's complete hyperbole and overreaction from everyone on here, i'm angry we got knocked out as well but if you cannot see how much better we played as a team and a unit, considering not too long ago we couldn't even string 2 passes together or even hit a precision pass over 5 yards, then I honestly do not know what to say to you.
No I wouldn't because this is a game whoever we selected should have been good enough to win, it was a game where there's no joy from winning as winning by a decent scoreline should be expected

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I'm done.
This is genuinely effecting my health and well being now.
Been a fan since 1977 FA cup final but need a break.
Club is rotten from top to bottom.
Need a new sport.

Kopral Jono

Things get a bit easier once you accept we're probably a bit cursed since Fergie left.

Houdini

Is this even a question?
Varane - injured
Sancho - injued
Elanga - broken

at least we can focus on the EPL and CL now

Red00012

Backed Boro in ET now I can drown my sorrows for free tomorrow

Telsim

Every time I think it just can't get any worse and it's all up from here... somehow it gets even worse. The darkest days in this club's modern history.

Fooza

Is this even a question?
Varane - injured
Sancho - injued
Elanga - broken

at least we can focus on the EPL and CL now
Honestly, first time I'm not even bothered we got knocked out the FA cup at this stage, if we get knocked out the CL I won't be bothered either, I just can't see this team getting close to any trophies.

Just go full out on the league with whatever team we can put and rebuild for another 5 year process. Oh joy

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
No I wouldn't because this is a game whoever we selected should have been good enough to win, it was a game where there's no joy from winning as winning by a decent scoreline should be expected
Not trying to pour salt into any wounds but the extent to which standards have fallen for the biggest club in England is ridiculous. Going out against a club from the lower division is acceptable because you had 30 shots? Good grief.

James35

In my 36 years supporting I have never been as demoralised. The club is a joke, hate to say it but we are not winning anything for a very, very long time. Ten Hag, Haaland etc would be mad to join this club. The owners, board and half the squad are simply miles from being good enough and it will not be changing at all unless we are bought out by an owner who will hire top football people to run the club.

Just a sports franchise that makes money first and a mediocre sports team second.

Last edited:

Dan_F

I'm not saying it's great and I am also angry that we are out. But surely over the last few months you've seen that we can't even pass the ball half the time. Tonight we had some really good attacking play and sturdy defending which is a far cry from what we've had all season, we were in complete control, it was genuinely one of those nights where it just wasn't going in no matter what and that sucks but from the performance itself (aside from the finishing) i thought there were much more things to be positive about over recent months
I’m usually pretty positive and I have felt like there have been some decent little periods in games under Ralf, but no, I’m not looking for positives in a loss to a championship team. It’s really bad.

Is good attacking play and control not a complete given against championship team with that first 11 we had out?

I remember thinking that loss against Southampton under LVG was the lowest I’d felt as a United fan. Not the worst result, but given it wasn’t far from us winning the league, it felt like we were really spiralling downwards. Standards are completely on the floor with the players and fan base.

Marwood

We've played much worse than that over the last few years but a return to success now feels further away than ever.

ShinjiNinja26

Say what you want about Mourinho but he delivered 2 trophies while at Utd and we’re seeing now how hard a task that’s proving to be in recent years as we’ve come up short on every occasion since.

Stretfordender

This is bad but not the worst it’s been. However, don’t expect this club to get any better than this. We’re ‘Brand United’ from top to bottom and that includes the players.

Going out of the fa cup tonight to a championship side, is no concern to the absolute vermin in positions of power. Remember they’ve just gone snd negotiated a 20m a year training kit deal this week straight into the Glazers pockets.

Everything that is wrong about this club. Rotten to the core. This is us, trophies are not on any one’s agenda.

show me the money.

DizeeGorilla20

Yeah, I really think so.

I hate this group of players. I won't mince my words about. At this point, David De Gea is the only person in the entire club that I like.

It's unbelievable how rotten the club is. From the players right through to the board.

Edit: I'm even starting to resent Fergie for being complicit in his silence. Yes, I said it.

Moriarty

Not the worst it's been by a long chalk, but getting dumped out of the FA Cup on penalties at home to a team from a lower division is pretty dire. The stench of decay is strong though.

L1nk

Honestly mate, words fail me. Like it’s some fecking achievement.
Jesus christ, i forgot we’ve been sensational all season
I’m usually pretty positive and I have felt like there have been some decent little periods in games under Ralf, but no, I’m not looking for positives in a loss to a championship team. It’s really bad.

Is good attacking play and control not a complete given against championship team with that first 11 we had out?

I remember thinking that loss against Southampton under LVG was the lowest I’d felt as a United fan. Not the worst result, but given it wasn’t far from us winning the league, it felt like we were really spiralling downwards. Standards are completely on the floor with the players and fan base.
Normally i’d say yes, it should be the norm, believe me my standards are as high as anybody here. But for me I would agree with you had we been playing well all season, but we’ve been at rock bottom for months with a garbage season from the beginning and almost freefall form. So if i look at it from that perspective i’d say its an improvement, Championship team or not. Given how shocking we’ve been i’m actually surprised people were expecting us to dominate them with 5+ goals, we have been that bad but apparently people have short memories