Is this the worst it's been?

Wilt

4-0 down half time against Liverpool at Old Trafford has to be the lowest point in club history.

RazorOz

It isn't the worst in the sense the squad isn't that bad, we've had times in the last few years where we've clearly needed a lot of players. If a new manager comes in they're inheriting a much better squad than our last few managers.

From a performance point of view it's hard to judge, most our managers post-SAF have had absolutely dire periods. I remember at the time of Moyes where the time it hit you how dire it was when we were home to Liverpool and I expected to be well beaten before it even started. The same was true today, but it's a much better Liverpool side than that one too. Under Mourinho it was always tumescent to watch, but he'd grind out some results, atm a lot of our games are probably quite exciting to watch for neutrals, but it doesn't really mean the end result isn't just as bad performance wise.

SER19

Don't want to be here any more than anybody but tonight was about finishing and what I think is genuinely a bent ref. It could easily, easily be 5-1

Comparing it to other low points is pure emotional reaction

Flexdegea

Would find it hard to be annoyed tonight.

Literally should have been 6 nil up, clearest chances all season.

Finishing woeful.

As far as attacking we were right at at for large part of the game.

Dan_F

This thread was started as we were 4-0 down to the scousers.

Are you for real?
Well you can’t directly compare given the opposition, but losing at home in the FA cup to a championship team would be pretty damn comparable.

Paul778

even if we lose, still not as bad as certain periods of LVG and Jose

we don't need to talk about Bruno... but we do about Ronnie

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Good football, plenty if chances and energy. If we take some of them its champagne. Now we probably go out but did play better

L1nk

People are so overreactionary dear me :lol:. We played ridiculously well tonight, absolutely dominated them for most of the game. Our finishing has just been dire, it's been one of those nights. We had many of these nights where they just won't go in under the great man as well. Don't understand the reaction here, I could if we were absolutely shocking all night but that's far from true

littlepeasoup

Really enjoyed our play for the first 70 or so minutes. Game was ruined by an awful refereeing decision.
Some of our movement and passing was brilliant.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
No, the worse is yet to come when we lose to atletico and miss out on top 4

SeanyC

Please just some buy the club and overhaul the entire club, anyone in the top ranks with zero football experience sacked immediately

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well you got me there.
If you genuinely think this tonight is as bad as being 4-0 down to Liverpool at home, at half time, and then watching them toy with us for another 45 minutes, then quite frankly there’s something very wrong with you.

Dan_F

If you genuinely think this tonight is as bad as being 4-0 down to Liverpool at home, at half time, and then watching them toy with us for another 45 minutes, then quite frankly there’s something very wrong with you.
In terms of embarrassment as a supporter, of course. I was in the stadium and felt it. In terms of performance, I think losing to Liverpool under a manager who had reached the end, is very much comparable to drawing with an average championship team under a manager who is supposed to be progressing the team.

Woodenlung

I'm in disbelief at this result. We were utterly dominant for the entire game and should have scored about eight goals.

This was easily our best performance for a while and one that should have been used to build upon. But we've lost and now I've no doubt things will get toxic again.

Hughes35

My god we're the gift that keeps giving if you're a fan of any other club. We're an embarrassment from top to bottom.

careca07

Have to say I think these are really dark days for the club
Run by idiots, Fred and mctominay starting most weeks, toxic culture, no cohesive playing style, five years without a trophy
I wouldn’t even know where to start to fix it all

UnitedFire

I'm in disbelief at this result. We were utterly dominant for the entire game and should have scored about eight goals.

This was easily our best performance for a while and one that should have been used to build upon. But we've lost and now I've no doubt things will get toxic again.
Toxic again?....

We are a cess pit for toxic waste