Ismaila Sarr

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope we sign him on loan if we can't sign Sancho. Don't think he is improvement on what we have but can do decent job as back up. 40 million would be too much, loan with option to buy would be good deal.

Also we have till 16th to close the deal between English clubs, so this deal might be back up for Sancho.

Samrat Mazumdar

The standards this club has come to, Sarr as an alternative to Sancho.....our Arsenalization is complete if this deal goes through

Devil may care

He's a basic winger, so far below Sancho it's laughable, Brooks isn't great but he's got more guile at least.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nor enough quality on the ball. He's got pace and physicality but lacks genuinely great ball control/dribbling.

ti vu

By alternative, I would thought it would be similar abilities, but slightly different profile. This is very different in both profile and abilities to Sancho... WTF

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He doesn't dribble much but he has a tendency to play the early ball in good positions in the box. Van de Beek and Martial, Rashford if they ever learn to be a good poachers could thrive off that kind of service. As soon as he gets the ball, Martial should be making a run right infront of the keeper with Rashford at the far post and Van de Beek/Bruno arriving in the box. He reminds me quite a bit of early years Valencia. He's definitely worth a chance at 40M, might even recoup Dan James money considering Leeds have a love affair with him to invest elsewhere.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's either top club's reserve level or 5th-7th placed club first teamer level. If we can't get Sancho then I'd suggest we spend the money on a striker, Amad Troure and possibly a CB instead.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our Arsenalification is almost complete. What a pointless signing he'd be. If we can't get the very best who will take us to the next level we'd have been better getting nobody, keeping Chong and saving the money. Or maybe get somebody on loan like Perisic who isn't going to waste money.

This club isn't learning from its mistakes it seems. Just an endless cycle of awful decisions by incompetent people.

If Sancho is too pricey in these difficult times then fair enough. That doesn't mean we just give up and go for someone who isn't even better than Mason.

Deery

Dreary
I like him even when I watched him at the World Cup I thought he was brilliant, strong on the wing and can bag you goals, what’s not to like. I swear fans on here can’t see past Sancho. Sarr would please me a lot more if he came here and lit the place up. Too good for the Championship if we don’t sign him someone else will and he’ll probably turn into a World beater..

Bwuk

A lot of comments on this thread were probably posted in the Mane thread.

Sarr has the tools to be a similar type of player, he just needs coaching.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I think Mane was a much more polished player from Southampton.

SiRed

As soon as Watford were relegated i thought Sarr would be a great option. I think we should be bringing him in even if we do sign Sancho.
He is a good premier league player who has the potential to be a top level winger in the next few years.
I would be really happy with the signing and am quite surprised so many are against it. Maybe its because we have all pinned our hopes on the Sancho deal so much that this would seem underwhelming, however i dont think his performances would be.

Skills

Snitch
One of those players who'd suffer here under the chronic lack of coaching.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
By alternative, I would thought it would be similar abilities, but slightly different profile. This is very different in both profile and abilities to Sancho... WTF
This doesn't make sense. Similar abilities player would cost near Sancho's. Which is, as we know, United aren't willing to pay.

Classical Mechanic

I like him even when I watched him at the World Cup I thought he was brilliant, strong on the wing and can bag you goals, what’s not to like. I swear fans on here can’t see past Sancho. Sarr would please me a lot more if he came here and lit the place up. Too good for the Championship if we don’t sign him someone else will and he’ll probably turn into a World beater..
It depends on the team he plays for. The problem we have is that we face low block sides so often in the league and this guy needs space to show his best form. He can cross a ball from the right though which is something we have very little of at the moment.

ti vu

There are countless of players with similar type to the football great who failed. Then coaching. Not two coaches are exactly same, let alone club environment. If Ismail Sarr is dead on as Mane, Liverpool would have gone out the way to bought him. He is not exactly expensive, given how much they paid for Jota.

Classical Mechanic

Does he really have the tools to be as good as Mane? Mane has a brilliant first touch and turns on a sixpence. Players with those qualities and pace are pretty rare.

ti vu

This doesn't make sense. Similar abilities player would cost near Sancho's. Which is, as we know, United aren't willing to pay.
Perhaps other clubs would be more open to structure of the total fee such as addon heavy instead of Dortmund cash heavy demand, no!?

lilcurt

As soon as Watford were relegated i thought Sarr would be a great option. I think we should be bringing him in even if we do sign Sancho.
He is a good premier league player who has the potential to be a top level winger in the next few years.
I would be really happy with the signing and am quite surprised so many are against it. Maybe its because we have all pinned our hopes on the Sancho deal so much that this would seem underwhelming, however i dont think his performances would be.
We are mile behind Liverpool, who have signed Thiago and Jota, both better players than Sarr. We don't close that gap making these type of signings. He is closer to Dan James than Sancho level.

Skills

Snitch
Sarr isn't a championship player. He played 28 games in the PL last season

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Perhaps other clubs would be more open to structure of the total fee such as addon heavy instead of Dortmund cash heavy demand, no!?
True that. But it means we're totally giving up on Sancho in the future then.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sarr isn't a championship player. He played 28 games in the PL last season
I think he's better than the Championship level too. However is he going to close the gap between us and Liverpool? I'm not so sure. £40m is a lot of money for a player who arguably won't even be a regular starter.

We don't have endless supply of money contrary to what some on here think. Rather go get Perisic for a season on loan and try again for Sancho or somebody else who is better than Sarr in January or maybe next summer.

Perisic just played for best team in the world only 6 weeks ago and started and scored in a CL semi final.

Skills

Snitch
I think he's better than the Championship level too. However is he going to close the gap between us and Liverpool? I'm not so sure. £40m is a lot of money for a player who arguably won't even be a regular starter.

We don't have endless supply of money contrary to what some on here think. Rather go get Perisic for a season on loan and try again for Sancho or somebody else who is better than Sarr in January or maybe next summer.

Perisic just played for best team in the world only 6 weeks ago and started and scored in a CL semi final.
I wouldn't mind either of the 3 options. Greenwood is more than good enough to be a first team regular for us (I'd have him ahead of Rashford in the pecking order) - so we just need one more option to bring something different to the table.

Perisic might be the most economical.

Bondi77

What strikes me as being strange is why would we be enquiring about him now when we are supposedly confident in landing Sancho with a last minute bid? Surely this would have made sense if it happened a few weeks ago as then Dortmund would have given up hope of getting the Sancho money and then succumbed with a last minute bid from us when they thought we had given up.
I think this sums up the whole saga;

Skills

Snitch
Yet, there are Watford, playing in the Championship. In this financial environment, £40m should be a PL top-4 price; Sarr is not at that level.
Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire also ended up relegated.

To imply he's a championship quality player is disingenuous. Now whether he's going to cost £40m or not, that depends on how ambitious Watford are.

ti vu

True that. But it means we're totally giving up on Sancho in the future then.
Our aim is to help the team, not solely about helping Sancho to come home...

If we benefit from signing the other player with similar ability to elevate our quality, so be it. Spending 1/3 or 2/5 of Sancho money, while still risk moving sideway may increase the risk of not being able to afford Sancho level of player for near future.

If you believe Sarr has it take to be those player that can reach such level, I respect your opinion. But I have different opinion.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Mané at Southampton was still much more technical, more flair, better ball control & first touch than this guy. I feel like the lazy comparison with Mané is down to both from same country and have pace.

Mark Pawelek

Andy Robertson and Harry Maguire also ended up relegated.

To imply he's a championship quality player is disingenuous. Now whether he's going to cost £40m or not, that depends on how ambitious Watford are.
United overpaid for Harry Maguire, by at least £20m. Liverpool paid £8.1m for Andy Robertson.

Red_toad

He's a basic winger, so far below Sancho it's laughable, Brooks isn't great but he's got more guile at least.
It‘s not how far below Sancho he is, it’s is he better than our current starting options. If the club can’t afford Sancho, then they have to move on.There’s an issue with the right wing that needs a solution that the owners will allow the club to spend its money on. Bit pointless harping on about Sancho if the owners don’t want to spend on him. Top 4 and they’re happy, plus he won’t turn us into title contender, so purely from a business point, he’s a very expensive way to retain 3rd place.
Be nice to have a proper winger who will stretch the play, I hope the club find someone.