Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This would be headline news and condemned if it happened anywhere else in the world , just goes to show how normalised this behaviour has become there. Is anyone even shocked anymore?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The media reporting of this has been a disgrace. Painting it as if she was caught in a crossfire between two parties shooting at eachother.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This would be headline news and condemned if it happened anywhere else in the world , just goes to show how normalised this behaviour has become there. Is anyone even shocked anymore?
Journalists killed in Ukraine were front page news on Guardian, the world has become desensitized by the deaths of Palestinians.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Journalists killed in Ukraine were front page news on Guardian, the world has become desensitized by the deaths of Palestinians.
Not just Palestinians, brown people in general.

Don't forget the early coverage of the Ukraine war and all the shock in the media that white people with blonde hair were being killed, and not brown people in the countries where war is supposed to happen.

It's actually disgusting how obvious the bias and racism in the media is.

Last edited:

Denis79

Not just Palestinians, brown people in general.

Don't forget the early coverage of the Ukraine war and all the shock in the media that white people with blonde hair were being killed, and not brown people in the countries where war is supposed to happen.

It's actually disgusting how obvious the bias and racism in the media is.
It's not just the media though, people are equally racist. Half of Europe want to forcefully close their borders and leave non-European refugees to fend for themselves but refugees from the Ukraine are welcome in every European country, I'm glad they are but it's nothing but racism.

Last edited:

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
It's not just the media though, people are equally racist. Half of Europe want to forcefully close their borders and leave non-European refugees to fend for themselves but refugees from the Ukraine are welcome in every European country, I'm glad they are but it's nothing but racism.
I don't think this is a fair analogy. Everyone coming out of Ukraine is a refugee. Where as most migrants are economic migrants. Also there is the issue of cultural integration, certain cultures having less respect for women and reports of sex crimes in the media about migrants from certain backgrounds.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I don't think this is a fair analogy. Everyone coming out of Ukraine is a refugee. Where as most migrants are economic migrants. Also there is the issue of cultural integration, certain cultures having less respect for women and reports of sex crimes in the media about migrants from certain backgrounds.
That’s not correct though. There’s Afghans seeking asylum, Syrians seeking asylum, Iraqis, Libyans, Sudanese. They’re not all migrants. There is a difference in how receptive we (the UK) are to these refugees when compared to Ukrainian.

The other part of your post is just the typical right wing media tropes. There’a little to no evidence that this is occurs specifically due to migrants (or the type of migrant as you point out).

IhabX7

I'd say your more disappointed than surprised.
Wow. You’re an absolute bellend. feck arguing with a fascist, you should only be looked down on. I don’t know why the others even bother replying with reason and logic to someone like you. A day will come for all apartheid supporters.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
This is just disgusting. How can anyone ignore the human side of this conflict and choose instead to rationalize through geopolitics is beyond me.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Wow. You’re an absolute bellend. feck arguing with a fascist, you should only be looked down on. I don’t know why the others even bother replying with reason and logic to someone like you. A day will come for all apartheid supporters.
Theres no hope for him unfortunately. The blind support for the apartheid state leads him to twist any bad news as the fault of the innocents.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Indeed. Here in Denmark, even our current “left wing” government has done everything it can to prevent migrants from entering. Brown migrants that is. But when Russia invaded, the politicians wasted no time announcing we would gladly accept 100.000 Ukranian refugees.

And I’m not saying we shouldn’t take in the Ukranians, btw.

Superden

Not nearly as disappointed as you if sure
Wonder why things like the holocaust, whilst the brainchild of a few evil men (always mainly men), actually happen in plain sight and the general population allows it to happen / look the other way ? Exhibit A = Fearless, and his utter disregard for human suffering for certain groups of people - whilst clambering upon some imaginary moral high ground.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sometimes I ask myself if I was a 30 year old Palestinian in the West Bank, what would I be doing? I would be banned if I spoke the truth here.
Israel have given these people no hope.

Giggsyking

Most!!! hahaha, have you ever been in a war torn country?