Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Superden

You're right, it isn't that complex. The Palestinian struggle, by it's own admission, is predicated on the removal of the Jewish state while making it's so called leaders rich, and the Israeli's aren't rolling over. Everything else is noise.
The 'Jewish' state.
You're right, it isn't that complex. The Palestinian struggle, by it's own admission, is predicated on the removal of the Jewish state while making it's so called leaders rich, and the Israeli's aren't rolling over. Everything else is noise.
Of course its a 'Jewish' state, thus all international conventions and norms, as well as obvious basic decency don't apply? Is that what you mean?

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
The 'Jewish' state.

Of course its a 'Jewish' state, thus all international conventions and norms, as well as obvious basic decency don't apply? Is that what you mean?
Terrible pivot. For the gullible amongst this thread, Superden is trying to reverse engineer my post to imply some kind of Jewish privilege is being invoked and therefore I'm being antisemitic.
This is the same line of BS when trying to defend Jeremy Foreskin's palestinianism.

Superden

Terrible pivot. For the gullible amongst this thread, Superden is trying to reverse engineer my post to imply some kind of Jewish privilege is being invoked and therefore I'm being antisemitic.
This is the same line of BS when trying to defend Jeremy Foreskin's palestinianism.
Ooh.. are you accusing me of weaponising anti-semitism?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Everything is antisemitic if you’re deluded and paranoid enough.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Guy signs up to a football forum and does nothing but post fake videos and tries to whitewash the apartheid state's crimes, labelling any critique of that illegal country as anti semitism…you need to get out more.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Israel Mainly to Blame for Conflict with Palestinians, UN Body Finds

Israel's occupation and discrimination against Palestinians are the main causes of the endless cycles of violence, U.N. investigators said Tuesday, prompting angry Israeli protests.

A high-level team of investigators, appointed last year by the United Nations Human Rights Council to examine "all underlying root causes" in the decades-long conflict, pointed the finger squarely at Israel.

"Ending the occupation of lands by Israel … remains essential in ending the persistent cycles of violence," they said in a report, decrying ample evidence that Israel has "no intention" of doing so.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Israel Mainly to Blame for Conflict with Palestinians, UN Body Finds

Israel's occupation and discrimination against Palestinians are the main causes of the endless cycles of violence, U.N. investigators said Tuesday, prompting angry Israeli protests.

A high-level team of investigators, appointed last year by the United Nations Human Rights Council to examine "all underlying root causes" in the decades-long conflict, pointed the finger squarely at Israel.

"Ending the occupation of lands by Israel … remains essential in ending the persistent cycles of violence," they said in a report, decrying ample evidence that Israel has "no intention" of doing so.
All 'underlying root causes' except for all 'underlying root causes' that happened before '67.

Try harder.

neverdie

Israel should be blacklisted if killing of Palestinian children continues: UN chief

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said on 11 July that Israel should be “blacklisted” if the state continues its violence against Palestinian children.

His words came as part of the organization’s annual Children and Armed Conflict report, which found that Israeli troops killed 78 Palestinian children, maimed another 982, and detained 637 in 2021.

“I am shocked by the number of children killed and maimed by Israeli forces during hostilities, in air strikes on densely populated areas and through the use of live ammunition during law enforcement operations,” Guterres said.

“Should the situation repeat itself in 2022, without meaningful improvement, Israel should be listed,” he added.

Since the start of 2022, at least 15 Palestinian children have been killed by the occupation forces, according to the Geneva-based Defence for Children International’s Palestine chapter (DCI-P).

These children were shot using live ammunition, mainly during demonstrations in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, the report noted.

Guterres went on to call on Israeli forces to “exercise maximum restraint in order to protect lives and to put in place preventive measures, and to review and strengthen their procedures to end and prevent any excessive use of force against children.”

“There is a systematic lack of accountability for Israeli violations against Palestinian children,” the UN chief added.

The UN report also revealed that at least 2,425 girls and 13,663 boys in occupied Palestine were victims of verified violations, including abductions, sexual violence, school, and hospital attacks, and denial of aid during conflicts over the past year.
Guterres warning came on the eve of a long-awaited visit by US President Joe Biden to Israel, during which he is expected to meet with senior Israeli and Palestinian officials.

Last week, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also took aim at Israel’s systemic violation of Palestinians’ human rights, warning that the forced mass eviction of approximately 1,200 Palestinians in the Masafer Yatta area in the occupied West Bank amounts to a “war crime.”

https://thecradle.co/Article/News/12969

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, the UN has gone full antisemitic!
Joking aside, why now? It's not as though this suddenly started happening. Israel/Palestine has been an apartheid state for decades. What is the UN up to?

Yes I'm a suspicious feck.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Brexit Brits not happy with these comments

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What the hell do black South Africans know about apartheid? Where're Raoul and Fearless to correct these chancers?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
What the hell do black South Africans know about apartheid? Where're Raoul and Fearless to correct these chancers?
Well we all know what Groot will say.

Fearless I’m expecting either some deflecting nonsense or an unrelated YouTube / imgur link.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Let us know when any of this amounts to any substantive policy changes, then let's talk.
Random government 200 years ago: "look, we have to condemn this slavery business, it's not cool some countries are still doing it".

Raoul 200 years ago: "yeah right, let us know when it amounts to any substantive policy changes"

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Random government 200 years ago: "look, we have to condemn this slavery business, it's not cool some countries are still doing it".

Raoul 200 years ago: "yeah right, let us know when it amounts to any substantive policy changes"
Clutching at straws a bit here. There is zero evidence that any of this is working, other than of course to create point scoring fodder for internet desperados who have zero say in the matter.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Better still, black lives don't matter. Why? Because Raoul said: "yeah right, let us know when it amounts to any substantive policy changes" :rolleyes: :(

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Clutching at straws a bit here. There is zero evidence that any of this is working, other than of course to create point scoring fodder for internet desperados who have zero say in the matter.
Portugal condemned the invasion of ukraine with zero evidence it would have any effect. You know, publicly condemning something bad is actually good.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Oh and you certainly see the symbolism of south africa, probably the most well known apartheid state in modern history, condemning israel. It's making news, more people aware of israel's actions. You can't quantify what has an effect or not.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Oh and you certainly see the symbolism of south africa, probably the most well known apartheid state in modern history, condemning israel. It's making news, more people aware of israel's actions. You can't quantify what has an effect or not.
I can. It's done absolutely nothing for the average Palestinian. But you don't really care about them anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It wouldn't matter if it was South Africa or the Faroe Islands. In either case, it would have zero effect on the Israeli - Palestinian conflict. The only players are the two principal sides, the US, and to a lesser extent Egypt. Other Arab states have generally washed their hands of all of it and are actually expanding relations with Israel.