Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I can. It's done absolutely nothing for the average Palestinian. But you don't really care about them anyway.
Nah mate, we're not all sociopaths like you. See, I've seen a report about palestine when I was 17 on bbc and I've been donating regularly ever since. If this news article does the same to 2 or 3 people, then it has a real effect.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It wouldn't matter if it was South Africa or the Faroe Islands. In either case, it would have zero effect on the Israeli - Palestinian conflict. The only players are the two principal sides, the US, and to a lesser extent Egypt. Other Arab states have generally washed their hands of all of it and are actually expanding relations with Israel.
Should I go through the entire ukraine thread to see if you posted the same about all world governments condemning the invasion?

I assume not, so why do it here? What is it that actually motivates you to downplay something positive, even if just symbolic?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Should I go through the entire ukraine thread to see if you posted the same about all world governments condemning the invasion?

I assume not, so why do it here? What is it that actually motivates you to downplay something positive, even if just symbolic?
Condemning something has nothing to do with policy, unless of course these governments are willing to take tangible steps (such as in your example, arming the Ukrainians, contributing resources, taking in refugees etc). That's far beyond what the SA government has allegedly done.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Nah mate, we're not all sociopaths like you. See, I've seen a report about palestine when I was 17 on bbc and I've been donating regularly ever since. If this news article does the same to 2 or 3 people, then it has a real effect.
I often wondered who paid for Mahmoud Abbas's new Ferrari.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Again, everything is antisemitic if you’re deluded or paranoid enough.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Condemning something has nothing to do with policy, unless of course these governments are willing to take tangible steps (such as in your example, arming the Ukrainians, contributing resources, taking in refugees etc). That's far beyond what the SA government has allegedly done.
I guess countries like belize should just shut up then, I assume they're not contributing much to the war effort, so their condemnation was silly.

Again: publicly condemning bad things is a good thing and should be applauded, even if just symbolic. The fact we're talking about shows it made the news, more people might learn about the topic and israeli crimes. That's a positive no matter how you look at it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A nice gesture, but how can you be sure your donations are helping the Palestinians given that Hamas leadership are now billionaires living in mansions in Qatar ?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
A nice gesture, but how can you be sure your donations are helping the Palestinians given that Hamas leadership are now billionaires living in mansions in Qatar ?
Can't you say the same for all donated money? Where there are humans, there's corruption, that's a fact, but still I see work done so I want to help.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I donate regularly to Palestine.i have friends and family going over for Dental Aid and other charitable work, always give my cash to them who in turn go out and distribute it to as many people as they can and im only one person, thousands of people donate to these charitable causes. How many average people donate to isreal causes? Not many id guess. And before our resident anti semitism accuser accuses everyone of being an anti semite maybe people see the injustices the israelis put on the Palestinians and are rightly outraged?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Is every Palestinian Hamas? Does every cent go directly to Hamas? You come out with some proper nonsense sometimes.

I’ve done charity work in Palestine, I’ve done work with orphanages in Palestine. Did every cent go to Hamas?

Hint: none of it went to Hamas.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
I donate regularly to Palestine.i have friends and family going over for Dental Aid and other charitable work, always give my cash to them who in turn go out and distribute it to as many people as they can and im only one person, thousands of people donate to these charitable causes. How many average people donate to isreal causes? Not many id guess. And before our resident anti semitism accuser accuses everyone of being an anti semite maybe people see the injustices the israelis put on the Palestinians and are rightly outraged?
PressTV pay you handsomely, so you can afford to spunk it up the wall.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is every Palestinian Hamas? Does every cent go directly to Hamas? You come out with some proper nonsense sometimes.

I’ve done charity work in Palestine, I’ve done work with orphanages in Palestine. Did every cent go to Hamas?

Hint: none of it went to Hamas.
You may be an outlier, but how could someone from a distant country be sure where their money is going ?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
You may be an outlier, but how would someone from a distant country know where their money is going ?
These are international registered charities which have to publish their accounts and are audited. Do you believe in conspiracy theories? Is the hasbara propaganda making you believe that it’s secretly Hamas pocketing all the charity money?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Can't you say the same for all donated money? Where there are humans, there's corruption, that's a fact, but still I see work done so I want to help.
Can I ask what you consider the best charities to donate to please? It is an open question to anyone else too!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
These are international registered charities which have to publish their accounts and are audited. Do you believe in conspiracy theories? Is the hasbara propaganda making you believe that it’s secretly Hamas pocketing all the charity money?
Do you deny that several Hamas leaders are very wealthy; perhaps even billionaires ? How do you think once poverty stricken refugees became so rich, if not by donations people and countries around the world made to the Palestinian cause ?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I bet you do.
No thats you. You love it when israel ‘mows the lawn’ and kills off some more Palestinians so that you and your ilk can go in and steal some more houses or land. Thats the way of the zionists steal and kill and shout at anyone who dares question them.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
No thats you. You love it when israel ‘mows the lawn’ and kills off some more Palestinians so that you and your ilk can go in and steal some more houses or land. Thats the way of the zionists steal and kill and shout at anyone who dares question them.
That's another PressTV bacs payment on its way.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
That's another PressTV bacs payment on its way.
Unlike israel the Palestinians dont have to pay people to stand up for them. Buy something nice with your last hasbara troll dollars? Maybe a picture of some kids being killed or arrested by israel? Maybe you bought an excursion to a jail to watch how israeli guards beating raping forcing confessions from some 12 year old stone thrower?

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Unlike israel the Palestinians dont have to pay people to stand up for them. Buy something nice with your last hasbara troll dollars? Maybe a picture of some kids being killed or arrested by israel? Maybe you bought an excursion to a jail to watch how israeli guards beating raping forcing confessions from some 12 year old stone thrower?
But they do. It's call Pay for Slay. But you already knew that.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You gotta love it! Now people who want to donate to help people suffering are complicit with corrupt politicians. Anything to deflect. Nothing can be done. Everything is bad when it comes to palestinians. You donate money? You support corruption. You speak about crimes? You're either antisemitic or you should just say quiet because you're not really changing politics or material conditions.

The solution for israel supporters is for everyone to shut up, not help, not talk about it. Head in the sand. Status quo is great.

This thread has to be the most embarrassing in the caf. The amount of bs that comes though here that would see people thread banned or posts deleted in other topics is astonishing.

I've said this before, I'm tempted sometimes to act like Fearless in the Ukraine thread for example, see how long I'd last. I'd start posting russia propaganda videos in response to russian crimes, I'd criticize the wealth of some ukrainian politicians in response to people donating, etc. I really wonder how long before I was banned from it.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
You gotta love it! Now people who want to donate to help people suffering are complicit with corrupt politicians. Anything to deflect. Nothing can be done. Everything is bad when it comes to palestinians. You donate money? You support corruption. You speak about crimes? You're either antisemitic or you should just say quiet because you're not really changing politics or material conditions.

The solution for israel supporters is for everyone to shut up, not help, not talk about it. Head in the sand. Status quo is great.

This thread has to be the most embarrassing in the caf. The amount of bs that comes though here that would see people thread banned or posts deleted in other topics is astonishing.

I've said this before, I'm tempted sometimes to act like Fearless in the Ukraine thread for example, see how long I'd last. I'd start posting russia propaganda videos in response to russian crimes, I'd criticize the wealth of some ukrainian politicians in response to people donating, etc. I really wonder how long before I was banned from it.
It’s ridiculous isn’t it.

South Africa calling an apartheid state apartheid.

‘but Hamas is corrupt! Hamas have money! your opinions won’t change the narrative! Waaah I am groot and here is an imgur.’

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Who said donating money is bad ? The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various Palestinian leaders. If I were donating to a religious organization as a means to help the poor, only to learn that its leader was insanely wealthy (think 1980s US televangelists) then I would probably think twice, unless of course I was brainwashed by the cause itself.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Who said donating money is bad ? The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various Palestinian leaders. If I were donating to a religious organization as a means to help the poor, only to learn that its leader was insanely wealthy (think 1980s US televangelists) then I would probably think twice, unless of course I was brainwashed by the cause itself.
The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various yemeni leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various sudanese leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various haitian leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various brazilian leaders.

Just to mention the countries I donated to this year. Should I just stop? Should anyone stop, given there are rich leaders pretty much in any country whose population desperately needs aid?

It's a silly argument with the sole objective of stopping people donating to palestine.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s a nonsensical question. Most of the registered internationally recognised charities that support Palestine won’t be putting donations into Hamas’ pockets. Idiotic to think otherwise and further proof that the Israeli narrative is just about obfuscation and deflection as they can’t address the fact that they’re a racist apartheid inhumane state.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various yemeni leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various sudanese leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various haitian leaders.

The specific question of whether donations are reaching their intended destination is a legitimate one given the wealth of various brazilian leaders.

Just to mention the countries I donated to this year. Should I just stop? Should anyone stop, given there are rich leaders pretty much in any country whose population desperately needs aid?

It's a silly argument with the sole objective of stopping people donating to palestine.
I would agree with each of these. There is risk in blindly giving money to developing nations and presuming it is all going to wind up helping those in need and not lining the pockets of middlemen and elites in said countries.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I would agree with each of these. There is risk in blindly giving money to developing nations and presuming it is all going to wind up helping those in need and not lining the pockets of middlemen and elites in said countries.
What do you mean blindly? I don't hand the money to a random bloke on the street, I give it to UN help funds, unicef and in the case of brazil, to ngo's I know people who are part of.

neverdie

"ukrainian war crimes in russian controlled donbass" is what this thread reads like. it's the ce exception.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
What do you mean blindly? I don't hand the money to a random bloke on the street, I give it to UN help funds, unicef and in the case of brazil, to ngo's I know people who are part of.
I'd rather hand the money to the random bloke. At least I've got half a chance of knowing where it's going.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'd rather hand the money to the random bloke. At least I've got half a chance of knowing where it's going.
Yeah, I know you don't like it, but I'll keep sending money to help palestinians.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

Another favourite is to point at human rights abuses in other countries, usually China, and if you haven't complained an equal amount about those then you are obviously antisemitic.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
You’d be banned in a second.

Seems certain posters have more privileges than others, a little bit of apartheid in the Caf perhaps?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
a little bit of apartheid in the Caf perhaps?
:lol: :(

You absolutely would be banned in an instant.