Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Do we know what these Palestinians are in prison for? It’s interesting that they’re being called prisoners in this scenario.
The Palestinians in the West Bank are subjected to military law, judged by military courts and can be detained without time limit or formal charge.

There are currently about 1,200 Palestinians in Israeli prisons without charge, among them 33 women and 160 children, some as young as 12 years old.

People just have no idea how wicked the occupation is.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can someone point me in the direction of a video or a few videos with respectable Israeli viewpoints please?

I'm seeing a lot of good points made for pro Palestine but maybe it's because I'm inclined that way myself... But I want to know the other side of the story.

Even in that silly debate yesterday on Piers Morgan, the Muslim guy had a bunch of points that made sense whereas the stuff the Rabi was saying made zero sense. I fact checked afterwards and a lot of stuff he was saying were straight up lies.

I'm not looking for governmental bullshit or idiots like Rabi Schmauley. Hoping to find someone who can argue for things such as the settlements in West Bank or Israel not being an Apartheid state, ideally using facts and sources that can be checked.

Genuinely curious as to what the other side are seeing.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Can someone point me in the direction of a video or a few videos with respectable Israeli viewpoints please?

I'm seeing a lot of good points made for pro Palestine but maybe it's because I'm inclined that way myself... But I want to know the other side of the story.

Even in that silly debate yesterday on Piers Morgan, the Muslim guy had a bunch of points that made sense whereas the stuff the Rabi was saying made zero sense. I fact checked afterwards and a lot of stuff he was saying were straight up lies.

I'm not looking for governmental bullshit or idiots like Rabi Schmauley. Hoping to find someone who can argue for things such as the settlements in West Bank or Israel not being an Apartheid state, ideally using facts and sources that can be checked.

You have Yuval with Sam Harris a few post above.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Norman Finkelstein?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just a small note mate. For sure you will find out that Filkenstein will not give you an Israeli perspective. Its like asking Souness to give you Pogbas perspective.
Oh :lol:

In that case I'll just listen to your recommendation. Thanks for the heads up.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Just a small note mate. For sure you will find out that Filkenstein will not give you an Israeli perspective. Its like asking Souness to give you Pogbas perspective.
He’s the Jewish son of concentration camp survivors and a political scientist with a focus on Israel - Palestine. He’s definitely a voice @Dirty Schwein should listen to, (and a few others).

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
No, he gives the point of view of a jewish professor, whose parents survived the Warsaw Ghetto, Auschwitz and Majdanek, who specialized and dedicated 40 years of his life to the Israel-Palestine conflict and the Holocaust.

I'd take his opinion over yours and your shoddy comparison any day of the week. Or Ezra Klein's, whom I respect greatly, no matter how well intentioned he is.

@Dirty Schwein Avi Shlaim's " The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World" is also well worth the read.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
No, he gives the point of view of a jewish professor, whose parents survived Auschwitz and Majdanek, who specialized and dedicated 40 years of his life to the Israel-Palestine conflict and the Holocaust.

I'd take his opinion over yours and your shoddy comparison any day of the week. Or Ezra Klein's, no matter how well intentioned he is.

@Dirty Schwein Avi Shlaim's " The Iron Wall: Israel nad the Arab World" is also well worth the read.
Thank you for the recommendation.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
He’s the Jewish son of concentration camp survivors and a political scientist with a focus on Israel - Palestine. He’s definitely a voice @Dirty Schwein should listen to, (and a few others).
He asked for Israeli point of view. If he is jewish is irrelevant.
You very well know that he is strongly anti Israel.

frankly speaking, what you just did, it is so despicable. Unbelievable.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
No, he gives the point of view of a jewish professor, whose parents survived Auschwitz and Majdanek, who specialized and dedicated 40 years of his life to the Israel-Palestine conflict and the Holocaust.

I'd take his opinion over yours and your shoddy comparison any day of the week. Or Ezra Klein's, whom I respect greatly, no matter how well intentioned he is.

@Dirty Schwein Avi Shlaim's " The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World" is also well worth the read.
I’ll add to this -

https://oneworld-publications.com/work/the-biggest-prison-on-earth/ by Ilan Pappe.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Him being Jewish is relevant, him being the son of concentration camp survivors is relevant, him being a political scientist focusing on this conflict for the majority of his life is relevant.

What did I do?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That is demonic, genuinely one of the most evil things I've ever heard.
Fascinating to watch this toxic corner of the Caf gradually descend into overt blood libel anti-semitism.

The fact of the story is that an Israeli forensic institute was doing this to both Israeli and Palestinian bodies as well as foreign workers without family consent in the 1990s until they got discovered and then made to stop. The original report that Palestinians were being targeted and killed to harvest their organs is not true.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/21/israeli-pathologists-harvested-organs

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Him being Jewish is relevant, him being the son of concentration camp survivors is relevant, him being a political scientist focusing on this conflict for the majority of his life is relevant.

What did I do?
No need to argue guys, I'll listen to all the recommendations here, it's no problem.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The Palestinians in the West Bank are subjected to military law, judged by military courts and can be detained without time limit or formal charge.

There are currently about 1,200 Palestinians in Israeli prisons without charge, among them 33 women and 160 children, some as young as 12 years old.

People just have no idea how wicked the occupation is.
Lord knows how many years I've spent on here arguing with some who claimed this wasn't an Apartheid regime

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

I can’t recommend any videos. But I’d say a decent attempt at articulating the Israeli narrative would be a book called Right to Exist: A Moral Defence of Israel’s Wars by Yaacov Lozowick. He’s a historian of Nazi Germany and former chief archivist at Yad Vashem and the Israeli state archives. The book was written in the mid-2000s and reflects that particular era in many ways. Lozowick was in the peace camp until the outbreak of the Second Intifada, and the disillusionment he expresses in regards to the peace process is very typical of the shift experienced by many Israelis in those years. However I believe in recent years he discovered some classified documents in the archives that have made him reappraise his rightward turn, and he has another book coming in the future which will hopefully reflect this research.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I can’t recommend any videos. But I’d say a decent attempt at articulating the Israeli narrative would be a book called Right to Exist: A Moral Defence of Israel’s Wars by Yaacov Lozowick. He’s a historian of Nazi Germany and former chief archivist at Yad Vashem and the Israeli state archives. The book was written in the mid-2000s and reflects that particular era in many ways. Lozowick was in the peace camp until the outbreak of the Second Intifada, and the disillusionment he expresses in regards to the peace process is very typical of the shift experienced by many Israelis in those years. However I believe in recent years he discovered some classified documents in the archives that have made him reappraise his rightward turn, and he has another book coming in the future which will hopefully reflect this research.
Thank you. Not much of a book reader but will look for an audiobook on it, which I'm sure will exist.

Giggsyking

This is 2 weeks ago.

Al Shifa Hospital is the HEADQUARTERS of HAMAS

Olmert now: no, no, its fake news, Khan Younis is the the Headquarters

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Nissim Vaturi, deputy speaker of the Knesset and a member of the ruling Likud party, said Israel is being “too humane” in a post on social media on Friday, adding:

"Burn Gaza now no less! Don’t allow fuel in, don’t allow water in until the hostages are returned back!"

Giggsyking

Nissim Vaturi, deputy speaker of the Knesset and a member of the ruling Likud party, said Israel is being “too humane” in a post on social media on Friday, adding:

"Burn Gaza now no less! Don’t allow fuel in, don’t allow water in until the hostages are returned back!"

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Do you truly believe that criticism of Israel is equivalent to anti semitism?
Dude, I read a thread once where he said you could eat diamonds to lose weight. He’s best on ignore or at worst scrolling past.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Do you truly believe that criticism of Israel is equivalent to anti semitism?
Is the wild car of forever victimization for a few. Netanyahu could rape your mum in front of you, and if you dare to say/do something, these few will call you anti semite