Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

ManUtd1999

Pouvez vous traduire ce texte, s'il vous plait?
The Israeli Supreme Court struck down the a major provision of the highly contested reform carried by Netanyahu.

This refers to the judicial overhaul that the government approved earlier this year and caused a serious civil unrest in the country before 10/7.

Amir

This refers to the judicial overhaul that the government approved earlier this year and caused a serious civil unrest in the country before 10/7.
In reality only one of the laws actually ended up passing (and was now struck down by the supreme court).

Idxomer

What Israeli soldiers are actually doing (not even scratching the surface of it though):

- Terror campaigns, focused on showing dominance by beating elderly, children, and youth while forcing their families to watch.

- Locking up Palestinians (even people in their 70s-80s) for days at a time in a room in their own homes. (actually locking them in, by using the room door key and locking it.)

- Denying children and nursing mothers food, water, and medicine.

- Denying Palestinians the right to move, and in many cases the men are left blindfolded and spat on, beaten, abused.

- Field executions during raids (and using suicide drones to bomb communities from the top- Palestinians do not own any airplanes or airborne weapons).

- Planting explosives in the homes of Palestinians, then forcing entire families to listen to the countdown by Israeli soldiers for their homes to be blown up. More than becoming homeless, it is also entire memories gone.

Tibs

What Israeli soldiers are actually doing (not even scratching the surface of it though):

- Terror campaigns, focused on showing dominance by beating elderly, children, and youth while forcing their families to watch.

- Locking up Palestinians (even people in their 70s-80s) for days at a time in a room in their own homes. (actually locking them in, by using the room door key and locking it.)

- Denying children and nursing mothers food, water, and medicine.

- Denying Palestinians the right to move, and in many cases the men are left blindfolded and spat on, beaten, abused.

- Field executions during raids (and using suicide drones to bomb communities from the top- Palestinians do not own any airplanes or airborne weapons).

- Planting explosives in the homes of Palestinians, then forcing entire families to listen to the countdown by Israeli soldiers for their homes to be blown up. More than becoming homeless, it is also entire memories gone.
Absolute motherfeckers.

Re the cnuts from abroad that go to the IDF, this is why there should be a crime against going out there and coming back and acting as if nothing happened.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I dont know who told me here that it would not be possible that israel would be looking confrontation with hezbollah to make the conflict more pallatable as they would have a "real" enemy instead on slaughtering children in Gaza

Hezbollah might not bite, but it it seem that israel is looking for it

ManUtd1999

US wasn't warned in advance...

It’s good that this Hamas guy is gone, but that’s not right. Israel shouldn’t take such action in Lebanon without notifying the U.S. These actions can lead to further escalation that could involve the United States.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It’s good that this Hamas guy is gone, but that’s not right. Israel shouldn’t take such action in Lebanon without notifying the U.S. These actions can lead to further escalation that could involve the United States.
He shouldnt do that in another sovereign state. Period

Or is that you need permission of US to do that?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why bother? Israel knows the USA is going to have its back, will send weapons and money, provide diplomatic and military cover regardless of what happens.

People from the region are so dehumanised that people can't even recognise the ridiculousness of the situation.

A popular retort at the beginning of this conflict was 'imagine what the USA/UK/France/Germany would do if attacked like Israel was'.

How would the USA/UK/France/Germany react if a hostile nation bombed a building in Washington/London/Paris/Berlin? More to the point, would Israel ever do that?

Giggsyking

I dont know who told me here that it would not be possible that israel would be looking confrontation with hezbollah to make the conflict more pallatable as they would have a "real" enemy instead on slaughtering children in Gaza

Hezbollah might not bite, but it it seem that israel is looking for it
Me, I still think Hezbullah will not make a major retaliation, they might send few rockets that will not escalate further.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Me, I still think Hezbullah will not make a major retaliation, they might send few rockets that will not escalate further.
Oh, you are most likely right, but this is not my point. Hezbollah might not bite...yet, but i think israel is trying to pull them in the conflict (my point)

Idxomer

Mass displacement of Gazans has already happened, some are just pretending it isn't gonna be permanent.

Idxomer

That was said more than 2 months ago and it's exactly what they went on to do.

Last edited: