Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Kaos

If it was not a presidential campaign season, would the US have been a bit more sympathetic towards negotiating a ceasefire? I know the US is fully in Israel’s corner, but would they have been a tad more open to negotiations?
Not really, the overwhelming pro Israeli sentiment is a bipartisan one.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If it was not a presidential campaign season, would the US have been a bit more sympathetic towards negotiating a ceasefire? I know the US is fully in Israel’s corner, but would they have been a tad more open to negotiations?
The American war machine and lobby goes beyond who's president. You can put Gandhi in there they would still fight a war.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

This guy is hilarious and breaks down some stuff about the military issues the IDF are facing.

At some point just seeing ultra nationalist/ultra Zionists act and speak, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that it's up there with things like jihadi/Sharia stuff man. Just poisonous ideology.

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I was watching an arabic documentary about the week before the 1967 war. Abdul-Nasser knew a week before the attacks that Isreal will attack on june 5th, he was told by the Yuguslavs, the Russians, the French and the British also told him. He said in a meeting with his war cabinet when they asked him why we (the Egyptians strike first), He answered, because that will be a political failure if we start the war, it will also give the Americans the excuse to to participate.

Contrary to the general beliefs, Israel was the first to strike and start the war. Sure their were tensions before that, but Nasser was never going to start.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...ce-in-73/0000017f-f77e-d460-afff-ff7e84d90000

This is the Haaretz piece about the 1967 war, Israel lied about the war

So next time anyone tells you "well, the arabs started the war, and lost", tell him to go read.
It's an interesting one. I saw a video of Maher blaming even the 56 war on the Arabs (particularly the Egyptians), which is not a viewpoint I'd heard even from the most ardent supporters before.

I guess you can just make shit up now. Probably responsible for the world wars too.

Giggsyking

It's an interesting one. I saw a video of Maher blaming even the 56 war on the Arabs (particularly the Egyptians), which is not a viewpoint I'd heard even from the most ardent supporters before.

I guess you can just make shit up now. Probably responsible for the world wars too.
Maher has an agenda, he is like an open book. Every information comes from a media outlet should be challenged, specially an American media outlet.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

The south Africans covered every inch. Netanyahu, Herzog, Gallant, Ben Gvir, etc, all their names with their genocidal statements (or statements with genocidal intent) in the document.
Not often I’m proud of my country or its politicians (especially the ruling party) but this is one of those moments that make me proud.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Obviously, being Israeli means I can't be completely objective (not that full objectivity exists for anyone, anywhere).

However, I shall say that I also have a perspective that others don't and I'm not some sort of blind supporter of Israel and what it does. Yet others are happy to sit wherever they are in the world, base their information on posts on Twitter and have the nerve to tell ME what is really going on around me.
Are we imagining what we are seeing on TV ? Have over 20000 Palestinians been murdered?

Amir

This, unfortunately, sums up the current Israeli govenment and why Netanyahu is a disaster to everyone.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-gaza-including-resettlement-of-palestinians/

Former British prime minister Tony Blair is reportedly being eyed by Israeli leaders to serve as the mediator between Jerusalem and moderate Arab countries on post-war Gaza and a controversial Israeli aim of having other nations absorb residents of Gaza who leave the Strip.

Blair arrived in Israel last week and met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and war cabinet minister Benny Gantz, Channel 12 news reports, without citing a source. The report says that if the plan materializes, Blair will be in charge of checking the option of countries receiving Gazan refugees.

Happy New Year :drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"Moderate Arab countries" cause they are amenable to ethnic cleansing.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
"Moderate Arab countries" cause they are amenable to ethnic cleansing.
In the same way that the ethnic cleaning of Palestinians of the 40s became to some secondary to the Arab armies asking them to leave and not active ethnic cleansing, so Im sure the story will be spun in 2024 as well if this were to go ahead.

Giggsyking

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...-gaza-including-resettlement-of-palestinians/

Former British prime minister Tony Blair is reportedly being eyed by Israeli leaders to serve as the mediator between Jerusalem and moderate Arab countries on post-war Gaza and a controversial Israeli aim of having other nations absorb residents of Gaza who leave the Strip.

Blair arrived in Israel last week and met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and war cabinet minister Benny Gantz, Channel 12 news reports, without citing a source. The report says that if the plan materializes, Blair will be in charge of checking the option of countries receiving Gazan refugees.

:lol: I hope he visits Iraq first to receive what he deserves. These western governments live in their own bubble.

He himself should be brought to the ICC and judged. The Famous Swede Hans Blix, the Chief UN inspector of the Iraqi WMD said when asked if he thought Bush and Blair should face trial at the Hague for alleged war crimes, he said: "I think in principle, yes.
"I think they will not come, and nor will Putin come for a tribunal, but nevertheless holding a tribunal and going through the evidence will be of value.
"We hear very much from the Western world about the 'rule based international order' - well that is the one that the US, the UK and the others broke in 2003."

Last edited:

Idxomer

I think his spokesperson denied it not that it means it's untrue considering he is a renowned liar and a war criminal.

Giggsyking

Biden did nothing but aid them in their war crimes, he provided Israel with 2 emergency military aid as we all know. Biden's voters are not as pro Israeli as the Gop's candidate, so he need to show some sort of "moderation" to not lose a portion of his voters that could cost him his presidency. But he is failing in that regard and it shows in the NY times poll.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/19/us/politics/biden-israel-gaza-poll.html

Raven

What is left to say about this? What we're witnessing is sick, 30 thousand dead, over 10,000 children. We need an immediate ceasefire, anything else is enabling a genocide.

Giggsyking

So Prince Turki Al-Faisal came out with surprising statements yesterday. Not only he did not condemns Hamas Attacks on oct 7th, but also showed some sympathy to Hamas. This will put big cracks in the Israeli Saudi normalisation. Turki Al-Faisal was not a fan of Hamas previously.

Last edited:

ManUtd1999

Bad news for Netanyahu:

En Israël, la Cour suprême rejette une disposition majeure de la très contestée réforme de la justice portée par Benyamin Nétanyahou
Les quinze juges ont examiné des recours déposés contre une première clause du projet qui vise à les empêcher d’annuler les décisions du gouvernement au motif qu’elles sont « déraisonnables ».
(Le Monde)

Anustart89

Bad news for Netanyahu:

En Israël, la Cour suprême rejette une disposition majeure de la très contestée réforme de la justice portée par Benyamin Nétanyahou
Les quinze juges ont examiné des recours déposés contre une première clause du projet qui vise à les empêcher d’annuler les décisions du gouvernement au motif qu’elles sont « déraisonnables ».
(Le Monde)
I think this is probably even worse

Jinsi Israel inavyowazuilia mamia ya Wapalestina bila kuwafungulia mashtaka

Yazen Alhasnat alikuwa ameketi karibu na mama yake mzazi akijaribu kukabiliana na usingizi uliombana machoni katika nyumba hii mjini Bethlehem, iliyopo kwenye Ukingo wa Mgharibi.
Kijana huyu mwenye umri wa miaka 17, alikuwa ameachiliwa huru usiku wa kuamkia siku hii, takriban miezi mitano baada ya kukamatwa katika uvamizi uliofanyika na jeshi la Israel nyumabni mwao , usiku wa manane.

Giggsyking

After a huge backlash from the arab world based on the times of Israel report, Tony Blair denies role in resettling Palestinians.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/wor...es-role-in-resettling-palestinians-from-gaza/

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Bad news for Netanyahu:

(Le Monde)
Pouvez vous traduire ce texte, s'il vous plait?

iKnowNothing

Bad news for Netanyahu:

(Le Monde)

I think this is probably even worse

Jinsi Israel inavyowazuilia mamia ya Wapalestina bila kuwafungulia mashtaka

Yazen Alhasnat alikuwa ameketi karibu na mama yake mzazi akijaribu kukabiliana na usingizi uliombana machoni katika nyumba hii mjini Bethlehem, iliyopo kwenye Ukingo wa Mgharibi.
Kijana huyu mwenye umri wa miaka 17, alikuwa ameachiliwa huru usiku wa kuamkia siku hii, takriban miezi mitano baada ya kukamatwa katika uvamizi uliofanyika na jeshi la Israel nyumabni mwao , usiku wa manane.
:confused::confused::confused: