Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I posted earlier this morning of how the Israelis have attacked healthcare facilities over 100 times according to the UN. So their defence that they don't attack healthcare is bs. And mark reger can climb back under the rock he seems to have recently crawled out of.
It's unfortunately a common occurrence.

Mike Smalling

It's pretty convenient for Israel that whenever they commit some atrocity, they can just point towards Hamas or another militant group and say they did it, and the western media and politicians will mostly just lap it up.

Dobba

He has to considering the labour party is all but disintegrating over this conflict.
We found out last night, before the coward Lee Harpin deleted it, that the party considers such people 'fleas'. They'll be delighted with that letter from Muslim members and councillors saying they've lost confidence in Starmer.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Hamas and Israel government are both scum, feck them both. Spoilers or not I just can’t comprehend people trawling images of dead children on twitter to post on here.

DavelinaJolie

Whomever caused the destruction of that hospital and the deaths and suffering of those within it are beyond hope. Disgusting. I hope they are made to pay.

I've found myself becoming increasingly desensitised to what has been occurring this last week and a bit, but seeing some of what was posted above has shaken me.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's pretty convenient for Israel that whenever they commit some atrocity, they can just point towards Hamas or another militant group and say they did it, and the western media and politicians will mostly just lap it up.
Like they lapped up the death of Shireen Abu Akleh?

The admission came after investigations conducted by international news outlets, including The New York Times and The Washington Post concluded that she was killed by Israeli forces, with CNN finding that her death was the result of a targeted Israeli killing.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shireen_Abu_Akleh

E-mal

Interesting language used.
Just trying to change his language after lots of criticism this week with his comment. I was inclined to voting to for labour but I am considering all my options right now.

ScholesyTheWise

Haven't seen anyone lapping it up for the time being.
The evidence is inconclusive and people (and politicians, and countries) will all but assume it was an Israeli job.
look at the call from the UN to hold a meeting of its security council.
Never would have happened if anyone thought it was Hamas' own feck-up, or the Islamic Jihad for that matter.
Look at the reaction from the Saudis or Keir what's-his-name.

Look at the reaction of almost everyone here.

There's no room in people's minds for the possibility that it might not have been Israel after all.
Just like many people couldn't consider that the beheaded-babies story was made up.
I bet there are still many many folks that'll swear Hamas has done that.

The truth isn't always the most important thing. We are all biased and emotional.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haven't seen anyone lapping it up for the time being.
The evidence is inconclusive and people (and politicians, and countries) will all but assume it was an Israeli job.
look at the call from the UN to hold a meeting of its security council.
Never would have happened if anyone thought it was Hamas' own feck-up, or the Islamic Jihad for that matter.
Look at the reaction from the Saudis or Keir what's-his-name.

Look at the reaction of almost everyone here.

There's no room in people's minds for the possibility that it might not have been Israel after all.
Just like many people couldn't consider that the beheaded-babies story was made up.
I bet there are still many many folks that'll swear Hamas has done that.

The truth isn't always the most important thing. We are all biased and emotional.
I actually think that it's a possibility. Right now I don't who did it but the IDF spokeperson comments put doubts in my mind, I don't see why he didn't immediately rule out IDF, the only logical reason would be that they were doing something in that area at that moment.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
More OSINT analysts suggesting the hospital attack was a malfunctioning rocket from Palestine.

ScholesyTheWise

I actually think that it's a possibility. Right now I don't who did it but the IDF spokeperson comments put doubts in my mind, I don't see why he didn't immediately rule out IDF, the only logical reason would be that they were doing something in that area at that moment.
I also think it's a possibility but you and I don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Countries and politicians were, are, and always will be very quick to choose sides on this conflict almost regardless of what happens out there.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Like they lapped up the death of Shireen Abu Akleh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shireen_Abu_Akleh
Who lapped up her death?

They admitted they did it after a long drawn out avoidance - they blamed militants, then it was being in the cross fire, then they blocked any/all investigation, then they wouldn’t give the bullet for analysis… it was a very long drawn out affair before they admitted that they murdered her…and still no justice for Abu Aklehs family.

I'm curious why the blast was so devastating though.
I have no idea who fired it but the video I've seen was not of a large bomb. The explosion wasnt big enough and they dont burn like that. It was something smaller that has hit something flammable like a fuel tank.

Andy_Cole

Just trying to change his language after lots of criticism this week with his comment. I was inclined to voting to for labour but I am considering all my options right now.
I always vote labour but his Israel stance will mean I look elsewhere for sure.

ScholesyTheWise

@ScholesyTheWise

I am coming across a decent Channel 13 tweets & news. What type, if any, of bias does this channel have?
The Israeli TV Channel 13? Do they have a Twitter page?
broadly speaking, Channels 12 and 13 would lean towards criticizing this government but are overwhelmingly pro-Israel regarding this war.
There's not a single TV channel in Israel that will give any thought to innocent Palestinians at the moment, from what I've seen.
It's a war on our home, on our lives, and our existence, this is the narrative.

Don't ever look at Channel 14. For them, Bibi is a saint, the 8th wonder of the world. those who oppose him are treasurous leftists who should be hanged.

ScholesyTheWise

I have no idea who fired it but the video I've seen was not of a large bomb. The explosion wasnt big enough and they dont burn like that. It was something smaller that has hit something flammable like a fuel tank.
Yes, this is a possibility that will be overlooked by many, surely. who knows.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The Israeli TV Channel 13? Do they have a Twitter page?
broadly speaking, Channels 12 and 13 would lean towards criticizing this government but are overwhelmingly pro-Israel regarding this war.
There's not a single TV channel in Israel that will give any thought to innocent Palestinians at the moment, from what I've seen.
It's a war on our home, on our lives, and our existence, this is the narrative.

Don't ever look at Channel 14. For them, Bibi is a saint, the 8th wonder of the world. those who oppose him are treasurous leftists who should be hanged.
Don’t know if they have a page, but I’ve probably seen the most ‘attributed to’ articles & interviews to them. Just heard them mentioned a couple of times in the same segment on MSNBC & that spurred me to ask you.

Thanks!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I really dislike that I have no idea how reliable 99% of the tweets posted in this thread are. They could be true, they could be from biased accounts, they could be deliberate lies, they could be the opinions of some random idiot who hasn't a clue what he's talking about but tries to sound like he does on twitter.

space

Considering Israel has changed its story about 5 times already and is following the typical playbook anyone who doesn’t believe they done this strike is a fecking idiot.

Also, the image of the doctors holding the press conference is one of the most haunting images I have ever seen, may Palestine be free

Simbo

Longer thread of analysis (he means read his thread, not the Yousuf troll).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The we need proof of beheadings crowd sure believed hamas claims real fast
At this point it seems ludicrous to accuse any one side of selectively believing reports that suit them, as if there isn't abundant examples of the reverse.

ScholesyTheWise

Considering Israel has changed its story about 5 times already and is following the typical playbook anyone who doesn’t believe they done this strike is a fecking idiot.

Also, the image of the doctors holding the press conference is one of the most haunting images I have ever seen, may Palestine be free
If there's no room for opinions different than yours, what's the point of this thread exactly?

ScholesyTheWise

I really dislike that I have no idea how reliable 99% of the tweets posted in this thread are. They could be true, they could be from biased accounts, they could be deliberate lies, they could be the opinions of some random idiot who hasn't a clue what he's talking about but tries to sound like he does on twitter.
Yeah.
Quite agonizing how Twitter is the go-to for everyone, while the stuff that's posted there is so easily manipulated...