Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think Hezbollah and Iran have the desire to make it bigger than it currently is. However, Hezbollah did warn that tomorrow something may happen.

It's a big mess at the moment but most intel that has come out indicates that Iran and Hezbollah didn't know that Hamas would do an attack of this scale and barbarity.
Thank you! Let's see what happens tomorrow...

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Anything coming out from the idf is an instant lie. The "truth" is manipulated by them for their brain dead zombie followers as pro israeli propaganda.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
As for the border skirmishes between Israel and Hezbollah, the NYT article suggests it's to show solidarity with Hamas but not to provoke a bigger war.

Hezbollah appears to have calculated that the kinds of attacks it has carried out so far are enough to show solidarity with Hamas, but not enough to provoke a large-scale response by Israel, according to an Israeli defense official.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If this is true then Islamic jihad possess missiles more powerful than anything gaza milltants have had in the last 45 years.
I've been scouring around looking at previous videos of Hamas rockets and you're right none seem to produce the blast as the same level as the one that hit the hospital.

I would like to think the IDF hit it by mistake, but the way they having been baying for blood I'm not too sure.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The IDF guy on TV said they had absolute proof, so why wait to disclose it...? Surely that will just feed the conspiracies
It's all in the delivery. Israel has one chance to spin this the way they want, a more fancy, professional presentation will go a long way to control the narrative as they want.

Saw somewhere that they also want to show it to Biden first.

ScholesyTheWise

It's all in the delivery. Israel has one chance to spin this the way they want, a more fancy, professional presentation will go a long way to control the narrative as they want.

Saw somewhere that they also want to show it to Biden first.
You may well be right. It might change the minds of some of the people willing to sit in front of a screen and watch a couple of minutes from a representative of a body and state they loathe.

Won't matter in the slightest to the people who will be protesting in the tens of thousands in different cities tomorrow.

I don't know where I'm at. I find it hard to believe either side.

FriedClams

This particular thread is about an armed conflict. And it comes with the territory. As long as prior warning and spoilers are used, it should be fine.
It's not fine. For people who can otherwise avoid it, I repeat, NOTHING good can come from seeing those images, only future trauma

ScholesyTheWise

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What the hell are they playing at? I could have photoshopped that in 10 seconds,
and I'd need to download the goddamn program first.

They should go to sleep and release whatever video/audio they have as fast as they can.
numpties.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What the hell are they playing at? I could have photoshopped that in 10 seconds,
and I'd need to download the goddamn program first.

They should go to sleep and release whatever video/audio they have as fast as they can.
numpties.
Goes to my 'take the right amount of time to make the right type of presentation' point.

It's like war VAR.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Drinking water has basically run out in Gaza and families are having to resort to boiling toilet water. At this point, a lot of people are likely to die of thirst.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's really sad to see how strong western propaganda can really be. Literally anything Israel does to Palestine they'll just cover up with fake shit. My family lived it in Sarajevo when they were under siege, the claims that we were doing it to ourselves... except it's now happening 10 fold to Palestinians. Horrible to see and absolutely pathetic anybody who laps it up.

owlo

I still dont think the US is there for any other reason than to remind Iran they are there. There is no political will to get into another fight in the Middle East. The most I can see is supporting air strikes on Hezbollah if they try to get involved. Maybe the MEU could be used to push back any Hezbollah infiltration from Lebanon or protect a Gaza humanitarian corridor from both sides, but the 1000 or so ground troops isnt enough for anything more, and anything that puts US troops in harms way is going to be a big vote loser if bullets start flying.

Israel have a plan, create a buffer zone a couple of km from the border and destroy everything in it. Biden is heading there to remind them a lot of people live within that area. 'We support you but don't push it'.
Ironically bataan was better positioned for Iran before she went on her jollys away the strait of Hormuz. Agree with the rest.

Drinking water has basically run out in Gaza and families are having to resort to boiling toilet water. At this point, a lot of people are likely to die of thirst.
Water blockade was ended a few days ago. Situation still dire.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ironically bataan was better positioned for Iran before she went on her jollys away the strait of Hormuz. Agree with the rest.

Water blockade was ended a few days ago. Situation still dire.
It’s not reaching the displaced people. Even the UN are rationing their own supply to 1 liter per person per day

owlo

Likely a Palestinian terrorist missile. Not seen conclusive evidence either way of where that explosion came from. If anybody can tell you with any degree of certainty they are lying. The best conclusion I’ve seen is that it came from Palestinian terrorists, but if you asked me to stand up in court and swear it I couldn’t.

about those “sounds like a jdam” videos on twitter. Jdam is just a kit you attach to a bomb (large number compatible) which gives it guidance, like adding an extra propellor to your dJI drone for stability. So the “sounds like a jdam” is obviously ridiculous. Best sound analysis from somebody who knows what they are talking about with Sound (I don’t) is here:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The reports may not be true of course but there is a military wing of Hamas, who are all in Gaza itself and a political wing, in Qatar. The political wing is more moderate (as much as a group like Hamas can be) and the military wing far less so. Saw quite a few reports that the political wing were not informed of this plan, either at all or until quite late on.
Ah that's an interesting angle. I'll look that up thanks.

the_cliff

Well the director of the bombed hospital Has just released a statement saying:
The IDF told us, 'we warned you yesterday with two bombs. So why have you not evacuated the hospital until this moment?

the_cliff

I wonder how long the muslim countries will keep silent before enough is enough? Saudi, Egypt, Turkey etc are in of the USA, so they probably won't do anything. Jordan definitely not. But if I were Iran? I'd issue an ultimatum to reach a ceasefire within 5 days or they'll begin military preparations. Bluff if you have to, but it'd make the Israelis think twice. It'd bring you so much respect in the muslim world and probably with the likes of Russia and China.

We'll see soon enough anyway which arab countries are American lapdogs and which still have free thoughts in their leaders head. This shit can't continue much longer.
I do agree that the majority of the Muslim countries leaders are very much allied to America and aligned with it's policies. As someone who's lived in the Middle East in various different countries for work purposes the majority of the general population aren't. Take the UAE and Morocco for example, establishing diplomatic ties with Israel was sold to their respective populations with a promise of establishing a Palestinian state, In Morocco there's already been demonstrations demanding cancellation of those ties and in the UAE #StopDeplomatictieswiththeZionists was trending (I know it sounds minor but with for anyone who's knowledgeable about the UAE that's a very big thing). Egypt and Jordan will see widespread demonstrations as will Lebanon, Yemen and Iraq which could cause another Arab spring if nothing is done and this continues. Saudi Arabia will definitely stop negotiations with Israel for the foreseeable for this. Basically the longer this goes on the more likely the Middle Eastern populations will revolt and rebel against their leaders, it's a very precarious situation and I'm not sure Netanyahu and Biden have taken this into account. The last thing Israel and the US need right now is more instability and more countries that surround Israel turning into Syria, Libya and Iraq.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I wonder how long the muslim countries will keep silent before enough is enough? Saudi, Egypt, Turkey etc are in of the USA, so they probably won't do anything. Jordan definitely not. But if I were Iran? I'd issue an ultimatum to reach a ceasefire within 5 days or they'll begin military preparations. Bluff if you have to, but it'd make the Israelis think twice. It'd bring you so much respect in the muslim world and probably with the likes of Russia and China.

We'll see soon enough anyway which arab countries are American lapdogs and which still have free thoughts in their leaders head. This shit can't continue much longer.
Respect from whom, the average Joes or the leaders?

What would 'much respect' from China & Russia garner or equate to?

owlo

Respect from whom, the average Joes or the leaders?

What would 'much respect' from China & Russia garner or equate to?
I believe you must remove yourself from these kind of posts to stay sane. The entire of it is completely nonsensical.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Likely a Palestinian terrorist missile. Not seen conclusive evidence either way of where that explosion came from. If anybody can tell you with any degree of certainty they are lying. The best conclusion I’ve seen is that it came from Palestinian terrorists, but if you asked me to stand up in court and swear it I couldn’t.

about those “sounds like a jdam” videos on twitter. Jdam is just a kit you attach to a bomb (large number compatible) which gives it guidance, like adding an extra propellor to your dJI drone for stability. So the “sounds like a jdam” is obviously ridiculous. Best sound analysis from somebody who knows what they are talking about with Sound (I don’t) is here:
What is your opinion of the Al Jazeera footage? You see a rocket fly up, change direction, fall apart and then a large explosion below it. This causes a fire and we then witness upwards of an hour of an ever increasing number of emergency vehicles driving to and from what is clearly a major incident.

owlo

What is your opinion of the Al Jazeera footage? You see a rocket fly up, change direction, fall apart and then a large explosion below it. This causes a fire and we then witness upwards of an hour of an ever increasing number of emergency vehicles driving to and from what is clearly a major incident.
I honestly don’t know anything about this kind of thing so it’s just based off twitter and others opinions, but if you read the tweets of the guy I quoted, he said a “powered projectile“ as in a missile not bomb, and then this. Others have mentioned the projectile has a trail.

There’s also been some geolocation with times done which shows the launch.And this post from a guy who is less experienced (but still published) than Justin. (This footage is geolocated too)

Altogether the consensus is that going with the Hamas version of events is a huge media feck up, which is going to get people killed. I don’t mention which, but an embassy has been overrun and there’s risk of more.

Also American lawmakers need to get a grip and not incite terror and violence @calodo2003 @Raoul - Tlaib is beyond the pale. Should be impeached asap.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I honestly don’t know anything about this kind of thing so it’s just based off twitter and others opinions, but if you read the tweets of the guy I quoted, he said a “powered projectile“ as in a missile not bomb, and then this. Others have mentioned the projectile has a trail.

There’s also been some geolocation with times done which shows the launch.And this post from a guy who is less experienced (but still published) than Justin. (This footage is geolocated too)

Altogether the consensus is that going with the Hamas version of events is a huge media feck up, which is going to get people killed. I don’t mention which, but an embassy has been overrun and there’s risk of more.

Also American lawmakers need to get a grip and not incite terror and violence @calodo2003 @Raoul - Tlaib is beyond the pale. Should be impeached asap.
Gotta love how everyone on Twitter is suddenly a rocket and ordinance expert.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What did she say?

owlo

Gotta love how everyone on Twitter is suddenly a rocket and ordinance expert.
To be fair, the first guy I quoted is actually an expert on that stuff. Definitely get your drift though!

What did she say?

“Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many Palestinian Americans and Muslims Americans like me. We will remember where you stood.” kind of sounds like a threat to the United States.

Darkhorsez

It's really sad to see how strong western propaganda can really be. Literally anything Israel does to Palestine they'll just cover up with fake shit. My family lived it in Sarajevo when they were under siege, the claims that we were doing it to ourselves... except it's now happening 10 fold to Palestinians. Horrible to see and absolutely pathetic anybody who laps it up.
Yeah - in all the years I have followed events in the region, I have never seen the press being so one sided. It is like an orchestrated effort around the world. Utterly sickening.

Amarsdd

“Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many Palestinian Americans and Muslims Americans like me. We will remember where you stood.” kind of sounds like a threat to the United States.
What are you trying to imply here?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Sick sick world we live in which allows this to burn and fans the flames, even.

Utterly failed species.

Ted Lasso

What happened with the tweets from a spokesperson about Israel taking credit for bombing the hospital and then shortly thereafter removing the tweet after the number of casualties came out? And claims the video was from another day or something

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
At the risk of getting laughed at I attempted to independently geolocate the site of the explosion in the Al Jazeera footage with google maps satellite imagery of Al Ahli Arab hospital:

Here's a comparison from street level on Omar Al Muktar Road (not sure about the shadow):

Here's a photo from SkyNews of the explosion site and Google maps satellite footage again:

I'm pretty convinced that the malfunctioning missile shown live on Al-Jazeera is the one responsible for the devastation at the hospital. Only doubt in my mind is the origin of the missile.

kaku06

Guys, please don’t post these kinds of images. We can imagine…

I saw one picture here and almost vomited. Jesus!
Jesus. Really? Pictures need to be posted to show what’s happening to the millions of people and who’s doing what. So just ignore the thread if you can’t stomach it. It’s not for you.