Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It is a claim that the US along with the vast majority of nations is waiting on verification. But the title is made so as to sound like ...omg...
It's a largely accurate title which forgets the UK. Of the 15 nations on the Security Council 13 were in favour of the statement; one abstained (UK), one was against. Certainly a much more accurate summary than stating that 1/15 = the vast majority of nations.

jackal&hyde

It's a largely accurate title which forgets the UK. Of the 15 nations on the Security Council 13 were in favour of the statement; one abstained (UK), one was against. Certainly a much more accurate summary than stating that 1/15 = the vast majority of nations.
Let us name the nations. Let us see, is there are one, or two free nations, or the vote of a family in power, mascaraing as a nation.

Mike Smalling

Let us name the nations. Let us see, is there are one, or two free nations, or the vote of a family in power, mascaraing as a nation.
Uhm, ok. Here are the nations that are currently in the UNSC: USA, China, France, Russia, UK, Algeria, Ecuador, Guyana, Japan, Malta, Mozambique, South Korea, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Switzerland.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
France, Algeria, Japan, Ecuador, Guyana, Malta, Mozambique, Republic of Korea, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Switzerland, USA, China, Russia and the United Kingdom.

I spot a bit more than one or two free nations, whatever it is supposed to mean.

jackal&hyde

France, Algeria, Japan, Ecuador, Guyana, Malta, Mozambique, Republic of Korea, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Switzerland, USA, China, Russia and the United Kingdom.

I spot a bit more than one or two free nations, whatever it is supposed to mean.
Some of those nations, with respect some support Russia so the are to be ignored at best.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
@Ekkie Thump I don't think they're pro-Israel but they are still using neutral language in most of those headlines describing what was basically a massacre of a starved people.
Although I hold Israel ultimately responsible I don't think the term "massacre" can yet be used in factual reporting. I think they're using language that fairly reflects the uncertainty surrounding what happened. We don't know if there was a stampede towards the trucks out of desperation after which the IDF opened fire; we don't know if Israel opening fire caused the stampede, or if Israelis just mowed people down, or some, or even all of these. There's conflicting reports; some eye witnesses say many were shot, some say most were trampled, some say many were run over.

The fact the WSJ is reporting that the IDF admits to killing "fewer than ten" certainly implies they fired on a crowd so I tend to think that the proximate cause of this was Israeli gunfire killing some and provoking a panic. I'm also of the view that the overall cause was undoubtedly the Israeli deprivation of Northern Gaza and the ensuing starvation that forced thousands of desperate people to congregate around inadequate aid. This is me editorialising though, not reporting known facts.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
When you yourself are so ill informed about it, why are you articulating such strong views about it? It takes the most rudimentary of googles to see the current members?

You've got it listed above now by multiple posters.

Removing the brown people who don't understand freedom of course and Russia and China, you've still got France, Japan, Malta, South Korea, Slovenia and Switzerland. And the UK who abstained.

So what exactly was your point?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Israel says something else. Apparently the gun fire was from gangs of Palestinians.

Reminds me of the time Hamas misfired rocket bombed the hospital car park and the world accused IDF, declaring 500 dead straight after the blast.
Did Hamas also bomb all the other hospitals in the Gaza strip?

JPRouve

Scout
Some of those nations, with respect some support Russia so the are to be ignored at best.
So you went from the vast majority are waiting for verification to "it isn't what they really mean"? Next you will suggest that they speak a foreign language, some have webbed toes and others are a bit too hairy to accept their fairly normal decision?

JPRouve

Scout
I heard it was a tunnel who actually shot those people. The weapons were provided by UNRWA.
I know it's fake because you didn't write "terrorist organization UNRWA"

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The US is ranked as a flawed democracy on the Economist Democracy Index. The ones that had a vote and might rank alongside or higher than this in your desired hierarchy of nations are as follows:
Rank order:​
  • Switzerland (8)
  • Japan (16)
  • UK (18)
  • France (22)
  • Malta (28)
  • United States (29)
  • Slovenia (31)
so, 5/7 "free nations" voted in favour, one abstained (UK) and one vetoed (US). 1/7 does not make a "vast majority", sorry.

Mike Smalling

It's an improvement from suggesting the solution is to starve them in one of the earlier posts which went unnoticed.
What the actual feck?

These people should be banned or threadbanned, if that's possible. It's either malicious genocide enabling bullshit or misinformation.

JPRouve

Scout
You know that it's nothing like that, but you decided to still make a trash post.
I know that it's exactly like that. You stated that the vast majority of nations were waiting for confirmation. When someone told you that this statement was wrong, you shifted your point and questioned the freedom and integrity of the vast majority of countries, when you were given the actual list you pivoted to Russia being the culprit.

Now the big issue with this isn't your conclusion, it's the fact that if your initial post was even a quarter-baked, you would have gone with your Russia point from the start but you didn't because you had no clue that the vast majority of countries voted in favor of the proposal, you also didn't knew who the current UNSC members were.

Idxomer

Airdrops are a far less effective way for aid to reach people. A couple of days ago, airdrops fell on the Israeli side and there are a lot of videos from other airdrops where people are gathering it from the sea.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Airdrops are a far less effective way for aid to reach people. A couple of days ago, airdrops fell on the Israeli side and there are a lot of videos from other airdrops where people are gathering it from the sea.
And also, When the airdrops will go down, will be sniper time, the cnuts

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Keni Thomas last band of brothers.
Yeah, I vpn'd it out of curiosity. Nice enough song. I'm guessing the implication is that the US has moral authority here because we owe them our freedom? Not entirely sure.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah, I vpn'd it out of curiosity. Nice enough song. I'm guessing the implication is that the US has moral authority here because we owe them our freedom? Not entirely sure.
My guess isn't that kind.

Giggsyking

Israel says something else. Apparently the gun fire was from gangs of Palestinians.

Reminds me of the time Hamas misfired rocket bombed the hospital car park and the world accused IDF, declaring 500 dead straight after the blast.
Yes it seems these Palestinian gangs seems like they planned everything from underneath Al Shifa hospital, it looks like they have a command center there.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I love how generic the excuses are getting. "Palestinian gangs", like those RPG's where the devs want to add extra missions and just go "yeah there are these bandits up on the hill, they stole the food from the villagers, can you help them".

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I love how generic the excuses are getting. "Palestinian gangs", like those RPG's where the devs want to add extra missions and just go "yeah there are these bandits up on the hill, they stole the food from the villagers, can you help them".
It all comes back to Ghost of Tsushima.

kaku06

So what happened here? How did all these people die? Who’s responsible for this atrocity?
Answer- “Palestinian gangs”

:lol:

Mike Smalling

So what happened here? How did all these people die? Who’s responsible for this atrocity?
Answer- “Palestinian gangs”

:lol:
It beggars belief. I'd love to know what kind of real life person actually types this out. I'm torn between giant troll or brainwashed teenager.

kaku06

It beggars belief. I'd love to know what kind of real life person actually types this out. I'm torn between giant troll or brainwashed teenager.
The same type who don’t see a Palestinian not even remotely equal to an Israeli. The same type who see them as sub human. The same type who won’t have an iota of empathy if they are wiped out from the face of this planet.