Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Just wondering where the very opinionated & often argumentative Pro Israeli supporters have gone? I can't remember seeing them much in the last few weeks.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Which is what it loses when public consensus overwhelmingly understands this as genocide. Iraq wasn't/isn't even understood that way. This isn't the same thing. Israel doesn't lobby the world's governments and sometimes populations for no reason.
An external conflict that doesnt affect the local population will never provoke any revolution in any country

Also, most of the important western countries works in a bipartidism environment and both support Israel more than not. So the elctorate has no real option to punish anyone. And again is not in their top 10 priorities to vote.

And yes, not the same thing. If iraq war without having a lobby (even saddam had a way worse PR image than israel) imagine israel having the victimization image on the holocaust ( and rightly so) and the lobby what it can be achieve.

If no population stopped their govrenment on the iraq war, less options in israel case

Amir

Just wondering where the very opinionated & often argumentative Pro Israeli supporters have gone? I can't remember seeing them much in the last few weeks.
Not much to say.

I'm not about to defend the indefensible and no one on this threat needs another poster to say that what's Israel's doing is terrible (which it is).

I've no idea where this is going and I doubt the govenment knows either. Meanwhile, the country is starting to tear itself apart from the inside again.

ManUtd1999

This might be the moment when many minority voters (particularly Arabs/Muslims) leave the left-wing parties, be that in the U.S. be that in the U.K.

I’m not the fan of Jean-Luc Melenchon, but he remains the only leader of the left in a major Western democracy who calls for ending what’s happening in Gaza.

the_cliff

This might be the moment when many minority voters (particularly Arabs/Muslims) leave the left-wing parties, be that in the U.S. be that in the U.K.

I’m not the fan of Jean-Luc Melenchon, but he remains the only leader of the left in a major Western democracy who calls for ending what’s happening in Gaza.
Oh for sure. Although I think the US Muslims prefer to just refrain from voting instead of flipping to the red side. It might be enough to help Trump win as well.....

ManUtd1999

Oh for sure. Although I think the US Muslims prefer to just refrain from voting instead of flipping to the red side. It might be enough to help Trump win as well.....
That’s my view… and my concern.

I wouldn’t blame anyone who doesn’t go to vote for Biden this year. He’s not doing the very basic things, like providing enough aid and calling for ceasefire after 6 months of war.

the_cliff

That’s my view… and my concern.

I wouldn’t blame anyone who doesn’t go to vote for Biden this year. He’s not doing the very basic things, like providing enough aid and calling for ceasefire after 6 months of war.
I mean he supposedly had in iftar with some prominent Muslims in the community and they all walked out mid speech. I get the frustration but it's not like Trump will be any better on the Palestine issue.

Giggsyking

The current UK Government are useless tw@ts (at this conflict and lots of other stuff)… wonder what Israel’s control will be if Labour win the GE?

Thats a sh!t load of MPs as LFI supporters, some very senior in a prospective Cabinet… Starmer, Reeves, Lammy, Phillips, Cooper. Mencer was the head of the LFI.

Starmer .. thanks to LFI “for the crucial role they play in the Labour Party” (that’s an understatement!)… “for contributing to a balanced debate on the Middle East” (L.O.L) … “and for their work to support initiatives to promote a peaceful two state solution for the people of Israel and Palestine” (presumably the ones still alive?).

Absolute disgrace of politicians. The state of this party when members can switch roles between party members to officials of a foreign country, its insane.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Not much to say.

I'm not about to defend the indefensible and no one on this threat needs another poster to say that what's Israel's doing is terrible (which it is).

I've no idea where this is going and I doubt the govenment knows either. Meanwhile, the country is starting to tear itself apart from the inside again.
I don't think that @langster had you or @ScholesyTheWise in mind when he wrote his comment.

There's been three virulent posters who made a business of throwing grenades in the thread, engaging in the most disingenuous way, using whataboutism, half-truths, lies, and insane troll logic. Then disappear.

Anyone with half a brain knows that you don't belong to this category.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
You’re surprised at the lack of argumentative pro israeli supporters given how this has developed?

Interesting.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
You’re surprised at the lack of argumentative pro israeli supporters given how this has developed?

Interesting.
Only from two or three posters who have been a constant in this thread for months. Outright denying anything and everything or calling it fake news whilst at the same time posting biased, one sided fake news or blatant propaganda themselves..They often join the conversation at the same time too. As mentioned above they are often incredibly disingenuous and bordering on trolling.

I most certainly did not mean @Amir or @ScholesyTheWise who although I don't always agree with them, they post sincere and honest replies and at least try to explain their opinions while sharing experiences and never resorting to insults or calling everyone anti-Semitic.

I'd like to think the three I'm thinking of in particular have got to the point where they have realised they were wrong and can't argue or defend things anymore. However, that in itself is a truly sad thought in itself and if the case,.only shows how bad things have got and begs the question, if even the staunchest defenders of Israel are unable to defend them anymore, then how much worse will it get? And is anyone ever going to step in and say enough is enough and put a stop to it all?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Interesting.
I mean one of the posters literally posted a video and tweet claiming there are thriving markets still in Gaza city about a week ago so......not sure there's a floor there.

Meanwhile one of the others is a pretty clear islamophobe and not a particularly subtle one at that so his opinions are clearly never changing either.

ManUtd1999

I mean he supposedly had in iftar with some prominent Muslims in the community and they all walked out mid speech. I get the frustration but it's not like Trump will be any better on the Palestine issue.
I don’t need to be convinced that Trump wouldn’t be better. But Biden is the president and will be so at least until January 20. He can and should do more, much more. Iftar and all of that is nice, but actions speak louder. He continues to support, one way or another, what Israel is doing. People don’t want to eat with a guy who is allowing the starvation of children. I can’t blame them.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Netanhyahu sent him the pics. That is why now biden is wreally wreally wreally mad at him. Bad bibi

Biden is so against what is happening. His hands are tied
We live in hypernormal times.

Scenario 1: Biden claims he’s seen pictures of 40 beheaded babies to the public. This is later walked back on and denied by his team.
Scenario 2: Biden claims he's already seen photos of malnourished, forced starvation Palestinians despite them not being shown to anyone.

The guy is an agenda driven clown and anything he claims he's seen or heard should be immediately dismissed as all Israeli propaganda is.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Interesting.
@langster , like myself and a few others, are well versed in this conflict prior to October 7th where we've seen the exact same behaviour from the Israelis (although over a more protracted period). And he, like myself, has seen hasbara trolls, and Israeli apologists try and deflect, diminish, or whatabout pretty much every depraved action that Israel has committed. Some of the claims are laughably bad, as alluded to, with one poster insisting Gaza is full of bustling markets.

So, I can see why he's asking if there are any pro-Israeli supporters remaining simply because he knows their kind.

ManUtd1999

No, it's just more simple, he is senile and the empire is crumbling. Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, all of them are completely retarded and don't have any ideology other than enrichment and control.
Respectfully, I don’t agree with this take.

Biden is not doing this because he’s senile, but because that’s what he wants to do. He’s fully aware of his decisions. Is he senile when it comes to aiding the Ukraine?

And Pelosi is a fine politician. She will be missed once she leaves Congress.

And Kudos to Elise Jordan. The Democratic Party has championed human rights, and we’re about to lose the moral high ground on this. But, Biden won’t do a thing!

Pintu

Biden is not doing this because he’s senile, but because that’s what he wants to do. He’s fully aware of his decisions. Is he senile when it comes to aiding the Ukraine?

And Kudos to Elise Jordan. The Democratic Party has championed human rights, and we’re about to lose the moral high ground on this. But, Biden won’t do a thing!
Not on this issue… 2 months ago she was calling ceasefire-protesters «Russia agents » and told them to"go back to China"…

AllezLesDiables

Here it is, If anyone wants to tell you it was a mistake. We all know it was not. But for those who wants to know more, they knew what the convoy was, but they suspected an armed man traveling with them. So they decided to sacrifice everybody to get to this "armed man" or "suspected terrorist".
They didn't even suspect there was an armed mna. That's just their standard operating procedure that Hamas is everyone so they can conveniently kill anyone and say their were in fear for their lives, which is the same way they train U.S. police so they can shoot with impugnity.

AllezLesDiables

The U.S. has no left wing parties. We have the Republicans (Fascist right) and the Democrats (Center Right)

As an anarco-syndicalist there are no parties for me.

AllezLesDiables

Pelosi is an absolute ghoul. She's lived off insider trading for decades. She only cares about enriching herself and doing perfomative action as facade for her despicable behavior.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Possibly the worst statement ever.

She's a tremendous trader who enriches herself and her husband, actively trading stocks while in a position of legislative power. Self serving and useless.

A huckster.