Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah there's no discipline there. Just kill as many people as you want.
This situation is reminiscent of when the Israeli soldiers killed those 2 Israeli hostages who were basically naked and flying a white flag from memory.

Just imagine how many situations there have been throughout this entire war exactly like these where nobody cared or bothered to do an investigation because they were Palestinian.

Who knows how many people have been executed in cold blood by soldiers like these?

Giggsyking

Editor in chief of the Jewish insider, political analyst for FOX news radio. Does not understand how war works and how international law wrok.

Matt Varnish

Thats because you don't know enough about the conflict. Hamas are banking on good people such as yourself to buy into their victim narrative.
I don't think you know enough about the conflict, a conflict that has been happening since the 47th parallel was drawn.
Israel will not be happy until it occupies the whole of Palestine.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's a never ending circle of shit where the rich get richer from the suffering of others.

War is big business and as before in Iraq and Afghanistan companies are lined up to offer their services, be granted huge contracts and make billions.

First in line are the weapons contractors and manafacturers who are reaping the rewards of everything being given to Israel and Ukraine. Both are being given huge amounts of weapons and equipment. Some old that needs to be replaced and lots more new as well.

Next in line will be the construction companies, emergency and water companies, surveyors, engineers & consultants lining up to help with the planning and rebuilding and of course then you have the private security companies contracted to protect them all. Behind all of this you have those lobbying and granting contracts and finally the shareholders who just sit back and watch the cash roll in. Obviously many politicians are involved too. All the while you have millions suffering and on the brink of starvation.

It's fecking grotesque and makes me feel sick to my stomach.
And that is payed with....public money. YAY!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Unless Israelis can dispose of Netanyahu then there's not much hope here.

crazy that in 6 months he's been unable to achieve many of his goals.

He's probably spent upwards of $5b to flatten Gaza.

kill 30,000 people

created the next generation of Hamas

Alienated his closest allies

created a new generation of people globally that hate israel

Made Jews outside of Israel more unsafe.

he has to go
Sure, because his whole government is against him and the majority of Israel is against what he is doing in Gaza. This is not a Netanyahu problem, this is Israel society problem. Israel voted for Netanyahu and his government allies and is cheering for what is happening in Gaza. Chucking Netanhyau and say it was his fault and clean Israel hands would be a lie

Giggsyking

absolute carnage. A city of 2m without a functioning hospital. The indirect deaths because of the collapse of the medical system will be much higher than that killed directly by Israel.

Amir

And he won’t go… because Israelis want him, just like they wanted him over the past 15 years (and in the 1990s).

He may lose the next election (if there’s any), but he can always return to power. Israel is a right-wing country. In fact, few parties that formed a coalition to push him out three years ago were from the right. They didn’t get him out because of his policies towards the Palestinians but because of domestic issues and personal reasons/interests.
Israeli poilitics is complicated. A lot of Netanyahu's power comes from the orthodox parties, who are mostly interested in the money and budgets he gives them and their voters (who vote for those parties because the rabbi said so). That amounts to about 25% of the coalition.

Netanyahu is not that popular and is not that wanted. But he's been able to take total control of his party, which is the biggest right-wing brand. And he's got no boundries in terms of what he's willing to do and give in order to stay in power, even if it's to Israel's detriment, short and long term.

Idxomer

An important thread which is related to the previous talk about Gaza's infrastructure

Herman Toothrot

Is there actually a war going on? How many Israelis have the Palestinians killed in the last four or five months?

MDFC Manager

Editor in chief of the Jewish insider, political analyst for FOX news radio. Does not understand how war works and how international law wrok.
I feel you should have added the words "total cnut and a terrorist sympathizer" in his biography there.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think you know enough about the conflict, a conflict that has been happening since the 47th parallel was drawn.
Israel will not be happy until it occupies the whole of Palestine.
Jesus, don't scare me like that. For a moment I thought fearless was back.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Germany's on a roll and what's happening there is absolutely insane.

Utterly shameful.

Last edited:

ScholesyTheWise

Israelis need to wake up.

The protests against this government are as fierce as they have ever been, demonstrations everywhere, people fighting the police, trying to break into his house in Caesarea to give him some shit.

What can the citizens do if none of the parliament members want to quit the government.
64 MPs in the coalition against 56 that are in the opposition
They have no interest to have this government collapse, as a huge chunk of them will not get elected again (or so I hope, living on a cloud).

What do you do? assassinate the prime minister and his shithouse ministers?

you say "Israelis", but the rift in the public is monumental.

Kaush949

The protests against this government are as fierce as they have ever been, demonstrations everywhere, people fighting the police, trying to break into his house in Caesarea to give him some shit.

What can the citizens do if none of the parliament members want to quit the government.
64 MPs in the coalition against 56 that are in the opposition
They have no interest to have this government collapse, as a huge chunk of them will not get elected again (or so I hope, living on a cloud).

What do you do? assassinate the prime minister and his shithouse ministers?

you say "Israelis", but the rift in the public is monumental.
Did not know that! Apologies for the collective labeling! I'm glad to hear there are more sensible folks out there. I was feeling folks you and @Amir were among the minority.

I still feel that the majority are not realizing Netanyahu's real intention here. He has no intention to eliminate Hamas. He needs them to justify the ethnic cleansing. No wonder, the IDF efforts have been futile!

ScholesyTheWise

Did not know that! Apologies for the collective labeling! I'm glad to hear there are more sensible folks out there. I was feeling folks you and @Amir were among the minority.

I still feel that the majority are not realizing Netanyahu's real intention here. He has no intention to eliminate Hamas. He needs them to justify the ethnic cleansing. No wonder, the IDF efforts have been futile!
we're among the minority, but it's a very big one. very hard to quantify, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking about 25%-40% percent of the population that is in total despair and would give everything to see this man and his groupies disappear from this planet.

The thing is- out of this very big group of people -we're probably taking about a couple of millions- the only thing thing that unites them is being against Netanyahu. They would find it very hard to form a government of their own and keep it running.

It's akin to not-so-extreme-Tories and full-on Labor MPs trying to form a government in the UK. not impossible, but not too sustainable either.

Amir and I are in a small minority who see the Palestinians as people with names, personalities, hobbies, dreams.... and we can see that the IDF has no idea what it wants to do (while the government has a very clear idea of doing nothing, stalling, killing people for nothing), that the IDF lies with its spokesmanship...

I believe more and more people start to sense it, but they find it very very hard to admit.

Amir

The majority does not believe and trust Netanyahy anymore. Of course, that might have already been the case for some time, including his own coalition partners - who only joined him and remain with him in order to take advantage of him, knowing he's weak and will give them everything in order to remain in power. At the moment, though, some feel that wartime in not the right time to protest or hold election. They don't feel comfortable about it.

As for Netanyahu's intentions, I don't know what they are. I'm not even sure he has clear intentions other than trying to hold on to his position. Most IDF forces have left Gaza by now. I think he's making it up as he goes along. I don't believe he has a clear final target in mind.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's very naive to think most Israel population dont know what the hell is happening right now. They know full well what's happening and if push comes to the shove an election is held tomorrow with one nomination vowing for a ceasefire and a permanent two state he won't win the election and would probably be beaten pretty bad

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The latest polling from Ma’ariv has the current coalition at 44 seats (down from the 64 that brought them to power), with Netanyahu’s Likud at 17 (down from 32) and the potential opposition coalition at 66. All these out of total 120 seats. This pattern of opposition to the current coalition and especially Likud has remained fairly consistent for the last six months.

Amir

The latest polling from Ma’ariv has the current coalition at 44 seats (down from the 64 that brought them to power), with Netanyahu’s Likud at 17 (down from 32) and the potential opposition coalition at 66. All these out of total 120 seats. This pattern of opposition to the current coalition and especially Likud has remained fairly consistent for the last six months.
Aye, but unless the current govenment folds - and it has no reason to - there won't be an election for two-and-a-half years. So that's a long time for Netanyahu to recover. Which is exactly what he's aiming for.

Amir

It's very naive to think most Israel population dont know what the hell is happening right now. They know full well what's happening and if push comes to the shove an election is held tomorrow with one nomination vowing for a ceasefire and a permanent two state he won't win the election and would probably be beaten pretty bad
That's partly true and partly not.

Does most of the population in Israel know exactly what is happening? No, because the media doesn't do its basic work of reporting everything and there are some media outlets working for Netanyahu and feeding people with outright lies. So people don't really know.

Would someone pushing for the two-state solution lose an election? Yes, probably. The idea of a Palestenian State has been poisonous in Israel for a while, partly because of the right-wing endless campaign against it, and far more so after October 7. It's impossible to sell that to the public right now.

Pintu

Aye, but unless the current govenment folds - and it has no reason to - there won't be an election for two-and-a-half years. So that's a long time for Netanyahu to recover. Which is exactly what he's aiming for.
Don’t you think the Haredi drafting issue might me able to break the Likud at some point ?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The truth is that the Israeli population is to the right of the government. We can make Netanyahu the bad guy all we like, but the truth is that the population has been whipped into a genocidal frenzy due to a perceived existential threat.

Amir

Don’t you think the Haredi drafting issue might me able to break the Likud at some point ?
While the Orthodox parties are upset about this, they still don't have a better alternative outside the current govenment which at least gives them funds and may try to sort something out regarding the drafting issue. So I don't think it'll change much.

Amir

The truth is that the Israeli population is to the right of the government. We can make Netanyahu the bad guy all we like, but the truth is that the population has been whipped into a genocidal frenzy due to a perceived existential threat.
But the population doesn't make decisions. Netanyahu does. And because he's only interested in poilitics and holding on to power, he's trying to appease the public. What kind of leader is that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
But the population doesn't make decisions. Netanyahu does. And because he's only interested in politics and holding on to power, he's trying to appease the public. What kind of leader is that?
He's a politician. He is a shitbag, but he's behaving just like any other politician. If there is an election today, the next guy will be more extreme than Netanyahu. It's Israel that needs to carry this stain, not just Netanyahu.

2cents

Scout
He's a politician. He is a shitbag, but he's behaving just like any other politician. If there is an election today, the next guy will be more extreme than Netanyahu. It's Israel that needs to carry this stain, not just Netanyahu.
According to the polling, if an election was held today Benny Gantz would be PM. Not such a significant change from Netanyahu in most practical terms, but certainly not more extreme. And the new coalition itself would be less extreme and possibly more susceptible to pressure from abroad and the hostage-family protest movement at home. Although Gantz and some other prospective members of that coalition are heavily implicated in the current carnage.

2cents

Scout
Let’s see, the protests are picking up in size and intensity in recent days. I really really doubt Israel will be waiting that long for the next round of elections.