Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
People that cried "WhAtAbOuTiSm" in the Ukraine thread, where are you now?

Utterly disgusting how an apartheid state continues to operate freely and under clear support from the western nations. To the point where they even openly murdered a US citizen reporter, attacked her funeral, while allowing settlers to steal property, all at the same time.

feck Israel and everyone that supports them.

RedDevilQuebecois

There comes a time when Israel's "traditional" allies should just drop that country just like the US dropped Pakistan in the aftermath of the Abbottabad incident (the Osama Bin Laden raid that confirmed the country's support for terrorists), and that time is now. Pariah state.

Giggsyking

People that cried "WhAtAbOuTiSm" in the Ukraine thread, where are you now?

Utterly disgusting how an apartheid state continues to operate freely and under clear support from the western nations. To the point where they even openly murdered a US citizen reporter, attacked her funeral, while allowing settlers to steal property, all at the same time.

feck Israel and everyone that supports them.
The accusation of whereaboutism is almost always a tool to deflect from own hypocrisy.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
So they just swarm en masse into a deserted building? Everyone seems so gleeful with a spring in their step. It looks like summer camp.
Go on YouTube and check settlers videos. Utter cnuts that are backed financially and legally by Israel and the US.

Doesn't matter if its deserted or not. They kick out the families living inside if they want.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Go on YouTube and check settlers videos. Utter cnuts that are backed financially and legally by Israel and the US.

Doesn't matter if its deserted or not. They kick out the families living inside if they want.
Never seen it to this granular of level. Do they get Israeli police protection while gleefully scampering to their new home?

Pintu

Apparently Orban (and possibly other East countries) prevented this statement from being an EU official position.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The fact I know exactly what you're referring to just makes this all the more depressing.
Is this in reference to that American who settled in Palestine?

I really have no idea how people can continually make the mental gymnastics to justify supporting Israel's actions. A state police force actually attacking a dead reporter's funeral is madness. The whole world has gone absolutely mad.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The US has lost all credibility internationally.
In most parts of the world they never had any in the first place.

I understand they want to look after their own interests but don't pretend to be the squeaky clean world policeman at the same time.

Superden

has @Fearless posted about the despicable behavior of the dead terrorist sympathiser and anti-semite allowing her coffin to be used as a launchpad for attacking brave israeli soldiers?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't get what Israel's endgame is here. How many more decades do they want the situation to be as tense as this?

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I don't get what Israel's endgame is here. How many more decades do they want the situation to be as tense as this?
To undertake the genocide and displacement of the Palestinian people by stealing and making life so difficult that their will is broken.

Then they will have it all to themselves and the world will look on.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Just compare the maps since forming the state of Israel over time until now. They are taking land bit by bit, until they take everything.

Any idea and opinion of them being defensive over time should simpy be countered by showing the maps. If you are opressed, why and how is your territory expanding and your opressor's territory is shrinking?

I really don't consider people supporting Israel's behavior as anything else than scum. Difference between them and me though is that I would never do to them what Israel is doing to Palestinians.

MDFC Manager

I think we've reached the point where we need to start asking questions of the normal city dwelling Israelis and the Jewish diaspora in general, to get them to clear their stand on this settler issue. They can't just continue being silent spectators anymore surely. Else it just shows complicity.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I see you are new to this thread, have you ever seen how settlers take over Palestinian homes?
I know about the situations, just never seen it in practice on the ground. Amazing that the IDF works as de facto bodyguards for them.

frostbite

I know about the situations, just never seen it in practice on the ground. Amazing that the IDF works as de facto bodyguards for them.
It is hard to know what to believe and whom to believe.

In the video with the building, someone says they bought this building. Someone else says they stole this building. Who is telling the truth?

In the other video with the hearse, we see that the police is attacking. But the video does not include anything before that, we can't see how it started. Here is the official story from the police. Are they telling the truth?

Smores

It's hard to believe they don't want the inevitable terrorism that gets created from such actions. The state that is, not the Israelis.

If they took the land by force quickly they'd get challenged by the international community. Create a situation where you can do it over decades and where the oppressed fight back and suddenly it's masked behind "it's complicated".

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I think we've reached the point where we need to start asking questions of the normal city dwelling Israelis and the Jewish diaspora in general, to get them to clear their stand on this settler issue. They can't just continue being silent spectators anymore surely. Else it just shows complicity.
What you’re effectively saying is that all Jews must answer for the settlements. Israelis certainly should face pressure along with those elements of the diaspora who support the settlement enterprise. But the diaspora in general? What does that even mean in practice?

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo

In the video with the building, someone says they bought this building. Someone else says they stole this building. Who is telling the truth?

In the other video with the hearse, we see that the police is attacking. But the video does not include anything before that, we can't see how it started. Here is the official story from the police. Are they telling the truth?

Yeah, another one of those "I don't condone violence, but..." posts.

IhabX7

This is a continuation of the Zionist project, and the absolute overwhelming majority of Israelis subscribe to it without a second's hesitation. It will take years of re-education to get the Israelis back to a humane standpoint, but Jewish superiority is the pillar of this country so It won't be happening any time soon.

Giggsyking

It is illegal settlers clustering according to the international law, it does not matter what they say in the video. Do you think it is ok for Russians to buy few houses in the UK and start their own state inside their neighborhood and bring Russian soldiers to protect them on UK soil?

IhabX7

It is illegal settlers clustering according to the international law, it does not matter what they say in the video. Do you think it is ok for Russians to buy few houses in the UK and start their own state inside their neighborhood and bring Russian soldiers to protect them on UK soil?
I don't know the person you're replying to, but bothsidesism is only beneficial to apartheid Israel. It definitely hurts the Palestinian cause. It seems like the rational, thinking man's position but it's truly disgusting in this context. If years of written and video documentation isn't enough for your skeptic eyes, come here, see for yourself. It really isn't complex at all, the solution is complex of course (the settlements are precisely for that), but the problem isn't.