Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Giggsyking

They want to erase the Palestinians not only from their land, but also online.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I have a kid of a few months and just seeing their dead faces, so similar to my kid...I just can't stand this carnage. feck IDF

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have a kid of a few months and just seeing their dead faces, so similar to my kid...I just can't. feck them
Put the last sentence under the first or at least start it with an uppercase.:nervous:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

They want to erase the Palestinians not only from their land, but also online.
I just tried this and was invited to use google search for both. If you type in "Describe the x" then you get a basic breakdown of both too.

Edit: That was on laptop. When inputted on Genie app it gives a single paragraph description of each.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Do you think that Israel's current trajectory - specifically the damage they're causing, both in terms of civilian loss of life and destruction of infrastructure, coupled to trapping most of Gaza in Rafah, with an attack there imminent - is leading to the feasible danger that the Palestinians may be permanently withdrawn from the territory into neighbouring countries as refugees?
I don't see a scenario, where Palestinians would be displaced from Gaza as possible, realistic and desirable. Where would they go? And for Israel it is critical to maintain at least status quo relationship with Egypt. I am not sure what will be the day after arrangements in Gaza after war ends. But I am almost sure it will include Palestinians. I consider an idea that there is a well-thought-out Israeli plan to return to Gaza as complete nonsense. For sure there are some fringe lunatics who might have such dreams on Israeli side but that will never materialize.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Quite clearly the US army is rife with militant anti semitism. We found em boys.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

UN said:
In the context of the coordinated attack by Hamas and others of 7 October, the UN mission team found that there are reasonable grounds to believe that conflict-related sexual violence occurred in multiple locations, including rape and gang rape in at least three locations in southern Israel.

The team also found a pattern of victims, mostly women, found fully or partially naked, bound and shot across multiple locations which “may be indicative of some forms of sexual violence”.

In some locations, the mission said it could not verify reported incidents of rape.

The UN team is of the view that the true extent of sexual violence committed during the 7 October attacks and their aftermath, could “take months or years to emerge and may never be fully known”, according to the press release.

The mission made up of Ms. Patten and nine experts – which was not investigative in nature – conducted 33 meetings with Israeli representatives, examining more than 5,000 photographic images and 50 hours of video footage. It conducted 34 confidential interviews including with survivors and witnesses of the 7 October attacks, released hostages, first responders and others.

The report says that Israeli authorities have faced numerous challenges in collecting evidence.

ZupZup

Israel doing their best to regurgitate more of their rape propaganda through a UN representative this time.

Sure we’ll be reading lots more articles pumping this story out in the next day or two. Stenographers at the ready.

gfactor86

Israel doing their best to regurgitate more of their rape propaganda through a UN representative this time.

Sure we’ll be reading lots more articles pumping this story out in the next day or two. Stenographers at the ready.
What is this supposed to mean?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

I don't know why is regurgitating, if there is rape, is rape, no matter who does it. And if it is the UN representative, at least is a bit more reliable.

I don't find out of this word that in October 7th there was raping. feck, they were killing and kidnapping innocent people, I don't think they draw any line.

But nothing, not even rape, warrants what is happening now

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I don't know why is regurgitating, if there is rape, is rape, no matter who does it. And if it is the UN representative, at least is a bit more reliable.

I don't find out of this word that in October 7th there was raping. feck, they were killing and kidnapping innocent people, I don't think they draw any line.

Is absolutely the key point.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Absolutely right. There was obviously rape and torture alongside the brutal murders and kidnappings. I can't remember anybody disputing that in here. What was disputed and thankfully debunked was the beheading of babies and small children. Biden said he saw pictures of some of the scenes and victims which the White House eventually walked back and apologised for.

Sadly by then it was too late and the damage had been done because to some it just confirmed the rumours and conspiracy theories they already believed and wanted to believe. Even now you still see people who believe it to be the gospel truth throwing it back during arguments and then refusing to accept it was debunked numerous times by reputable media outlets.

As you rightly say though, nothing warrants much of what has happened since or is still continuing now.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Unfortunately there are lots of people who do believe that the more gruesome horror stories matter. That's why they are relitigated all the time.

Mike Smalling

Unfortunately there are lots of people who do believe that the more gruesome horror stories matter. That's why they are relitigated all the time.
The timing is notable as well. It comes after Israel is finally under a bit of pressure due to the food aid massacres. Can’t be coincidence.

ZupZup

What is this supposed to mean?
It means that Israeli institutions have been pushing a narrative ever since October 7th that Hamas perpetrated wide spread sexual violence, rapes, gang rapes etc. They do this to help justify their genocidal actions since. The evidence for this wide spread sexual violence is flimsy at best when put under proper scrutiny.

Now Israel invites a UN mission team over with no investigative mandate and no experience of investigating such crimes knowing that they will parrot whatever lines they are given. If you read this UN report, they state that they just have to go on the information they were given by these Israeli institutions. Institutions like ZAKA who have already been widely discredited for disinformation. They also explain that Israel still refuses to let UN investigative teams examine the veracity of their claims.

You will see the propaganda machine in full effect now where how this UN mission is reported on by the media, will be somewhat different to the reality of the UN mission report itself and what it actually says.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Biden said he saw pictures of some of the scenes and victims which the White House eventually walked back and apologised for.
This was a completely insane, genuinely Trumpian thing that we are just supposed to forget about.

Idxomer

It means that Israeli institutions have been pushing a narrative ever since October 7th that Hamas perpetrated wide spread sexual violence, rapes, gang rapes etc. They do this to help justify their genocidal actions since. The evidence for this wide spread sexual violence is flimsy at best when put under proper scrutiny.

Now Israel invites a UN mission team over with no investigative mandate and no experience of investigating such crimes knowing that they will parrot whatever lines they are given. If you read this UN report, they state that they just have to go on the information they were given by these Israeli institutions. Institutions like ZAKA who have already been widely discredited for disinformation. They also explain that Israel still refuses to let UN investigative teams examine the veracity of their claims.

You will see the propaganda machine in full effect now where how this UN mission is reported on by the media, will be somewhat different to the reality of the UN mission report itself and what it actually says.
Yep.

Sexual assaults likely have happened but as long as it's only investigated by organizations like ZAKA, people have the right to doubt it. Also, interestingly, the report mentions sexual violence against men and women in the West Bank not even Gaza which most likely won't be mentioned in the media. If people think this is anything but genocidal propaganda that recycles the same thing to paint certain narratives, they aren't paying attention.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The timing is notable as well. It comes after Israel is finally under a bit of pressure due to the food aid massacres. Can’t be coincidence.
It's not.

There's a noticeable pattern of welcome distractions whenever Israel is in a (relative) pinch. After the ICJ case, you get the UNRWA accusations. After the Flour Massacre and the NYT being torn apart for letting a former Israeli intelligence member spread lies under their umbrella, you get this. Wait for the next one.

That's propaganda in its full glory and the reason why I don't give the slightest credit about anything coming out from the mainstream media.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

It's not.

There's a noticeable pattern of welcome distractions whenever Israel is in a (relative) pinch. After the ICJ case, you get the UNRWA accusations. After the Flour Massacre and the NYT being torn apart for letting a former Israeli intelligence member to spread lies under their umbrella, you get this.

That's propaganda in its full glory, and the reason why I don't give the slightest credit about anything coming out from the mainstream media.
Exactly. What are the chances they will revive the baby beheading stories next time they are in trouble? Israel has had lying as a core pillar in their communication strategy since well before October 7th.

Obviously, there are actors on the other side also trying to win the war of public opinion. But it's notable that all mainstream media outlets in the West are generally on Team Israel.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Absolutely right. There was obviously rape and torture alongside the brutal murders and kidnappings. I can't remember anybody disputing that in here. What was disputed and thankfully debunked was the beheading of babies and small children. Biden said he saw pictures of some of the scenes and victims which the White House eventually walked back and apologised for.

Sadly by then it was too late and the damage had been done because to some it just confirmed the rumours and conspiracy theories they already believed and wanted to believe. Even now you still see people who believe it to be the gospel truth throwing it back during arguments and then refusing to accept it was debunked numerous times by reputable media outlets.

As you rightly say though, nothing warrants much of what has happened since or is still continuing now.
The corpse knowingly lied, which shouldn't come as a surprise by now.

That's the thing though, lies spread faster than the truth and last longer, especially when relayed by "reputable" sources. Once out, there's no coming back, especially in our day and age. Rape is one of the most repulsive crimes a human being can commit. It (rightly) winds people up and goes so well with the "Arabs=Medieval Rapists" for those who currently see them as a plague, and there are many.

Not saying it didn't happen on 10/7, I'm personally convinced that there were legit many rape cases, which definitely are a war crime and atrocity. However it's so much easier to frame 10/7 as a bunch of rabid human animals breaking out of their cage to rape and kill because duh, that's what they do if you give them an inch of freedom. Hence the need to keep them in check, and put them down hard if necessary.

And suddenly, killing them, their females and offspring becomes a necessity accepted by the many.

Last edited: