Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

The absolute bottom of the barrel of barbarism. They themselves provoked the ruins Gaza will be turned into and the most likely new occupation, but Hamas knew this of course and they don't care. This fact alone is enough to see through their hypocracy about their fight for a free Palestina. They just want to fight, like every good barbarian in the stone age.
Do you understand this is the exact same logic most likely used by Hamas to justify their actions yesterday? That Israel's past actions have provoked this attack?

owlo

For the time being these type of clips will raise some sympathy, sure enough.

Once Gaza is flattened and the images from there start to emerge, Israel will have very little ground to stand on,
so far as spokesmanship goes.

Nobody will give a shit about some burned-down cars once the carnage/massacre begins.

I'm writing this as an Israeli Jew, by the way.
this entire land, or maybe Earth in general, should be wiped clean and start over.
They won't care. Just like post pearl harbour and 9/11. They'll murder thousands, because everybody hates them anyway so they have carte blanche. They'll be demonised and hated even more, and it will change nothing. As I've already said, you're the eternal enemy already. But their murder and brutality will save Israeli lives.

Bolded is so true; a world without humans would be so much better.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So about those Israeli border towns near Gaza, who would want to continue to live there knowing this kind of threat exists?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
True that both sides do barbaric things(It’s impossible not to under these conditions)but the situation/context is important and can’t be separated Imo.
This level of barbarism from yesterday I’ve only seen from IS and the likes.

owlo

Do you understand this is the exact same logic most likely used by Hamas to justify their actions yesterday? That Israel's past actions have provoked this attack?
And it's true. Hamas have a point, and fair justification. The Israeli regime is brutal on Gaza and Palestinians in general. They have no choice to either fight back like this, sit and take it, or run away. Doesn't mean it's not horrific to see.

owlo

This level of barbarism from yesterday I’ve only seen from IS and the likes.
Given your name is ZAR related (I think) - you know this just isn't true. This level of barbarism is primitive and generally belongs a) in the past b) in places without rolling social media footage. But it happens all the time in parts of the world you don't hear about. This is what terroristic insurgency looks like.

MDFC Manager

Given your name is ZAR related (I think) - you know this just isn't true. This level of barbarism is primitive and generally belongs a) in the past b) in places without rolling social media footage. But it happens all the time in parts of the world you don't hear about. This is what terroristic insurgency looks like.
Sadly you're right. You can see worse barbarism if you look for it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ce-for-biggest-challenge-to-israel-since-1973

This is the type of sh*t that boils my blood. An article from a supposed liberal, left wing newspaper that doesn't once mention the occupation having anything to do with this and also referring to Jewish 'visits' to Al-Aqsa mosque.

How can anyone allow such an article to be published unless there is a bias towards one side. Which ofcourse is what everyone says and what leads to increased desperation from the Palestinian side.

Surely you appreciate that's it's far more complex than that?
That's the funny thing, when it comes to Israel everyone wants to make it seem like it's complex. Don't see anyone willing to discuss the complexities of the Russia occupation of Ukraine, but with Israel there is always something.

There isn't any complexity, Israel have been occupying and controlling the Palestinian territories beyond the 1967 borders, continuing to kick people out of their homes and give it to Israelies alongside killing a few people along the way.

So yea, it's not more complex than there is one occupying regime and one fighting violently to get their freedom because there is no hope with being peaceful.

Last edited:

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
My username is just a PSV song. Obviously I meant in modern times and ‘and the likes’ meaning other terroristic groups. Not seen anything on this level from Israelian side at least.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
At 256 Palestinians died yesterday.

Oh yeah I feel the same. It’s just incredibly sad and shit.
They are not celebrating while dancing in their dad bodies though. Doesn’t mean even one innocent Palastanian death is justified. Of course it’s not. Was talking about the barbarism aspect.

R'hllor

The absolute bottom of the barrel of barbarism. They themselves provoked the ruins Gaza will be turned into and the most likely new occupation, but Hamas knew this of course and they don't care. This fact alone is enough to see through their hypocracy about their fight for a free Palestina. They just want to fight, like every good barbarian in the stone age.
Aint that funny

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
There’s been an exchange of fire with Hizballah on the northern border, no reports of any casualties, but an ominous development.

owlo

My username is just a PSV song. Obviously I meant in modern times and ‘and the likes’ meaning other terroristic groups. Not seen anything on this level from Israelian side at least.
Yea Israel aren't a group of terrorists. They are a modern nation with a modern military and modern military ethics. Despite what many here may claim.

If you go to parts of Africa and Asia you'll still see dead babies nailed to crosses, people beheaded, and men forced to watch their daughters raped and burned alive before being shot themselves, and entire villages burned with the people inside. When 'the state' breaks down, this happens. (The void of the state allowed the ISIS rise for example). That's why people are describing this as a 9/11 or Pearl Harbor moment; because it's something the west just doesn't see, and a nation cannot ever let go unpunished.

Do PSV have links to South Africa. The ZAR (A South African republic in the late 19th century) and early dutch republic used the motto - "Eendragt magt maakt"

owlo

I thought the thread had some interesting points. Don't understand your video.
I can only see the first post as I'm not logged into post Elon twitter. We can't see the entire thread without logging in so could only comment on the headline post you pasted into the cafe.

The video is a Brazilian Music festival in Israel with terrorists on gliders flying in, to kill and kidnap them. They either escaped into the sea, got killed/captured, or tried to make it back to Tel Aviv and spent time hiding.

owlo

There’s been an exchange of fire with Hizballah on the northern border, no reports of any casualties, but an ominous development.
This was yesterdays exchange, or something new?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Israel already guards their border with maximum attention, so I don't think Hizbollah will start anything. Those terror groups can only sneak in when Israelian forces are asleep, that's no longer the case.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Yea Israel aren't a group of terrorists. They are a modern nation with a modern military and modern military ethics. Despite what many here may claim.

If you go to parts of Africa and Asia you'll still see dead babies nailed to crosses, people beheaded, and men forced to watch their daughters raped and burned alive before being shot themselves, and entire villages burned with the people inside. When 'the state' breaks down, this happens. (The void of the state allowed the ISIS rise for example). That's why people are describing this as a 9/11 or Pearl Harbor moment; because it's something the west just doesn't see, and a nation cannot ever let go unpunished.

Do PSV have links to South Africa. The ZAR (A South African republic in the late 19th century) and early dutch republic used the motto - "Eendragt magt maakt"
Never heard of this before. Can’t find anything on the subject too. Thank you for pointing this out as I won’t use it for future usernames (don’t think I can change it on here)

For the other part. I did say that I’ve seen. Anyway it’s a moot point. Didn’t want to downplay or disregard any other brutality in other parts of the world in any way.

owlo

Yea the tent was yesterday I believe. They fired mortars at a radar station and got smacked. Not sure if it was actual Hezbollah or Hamas/Palestinians operating from the tents. The timing in your videos though indicates it was either very early this morning, or early evening last night. Looks more like dusk to me but I'm no weather expert. There was a bit of M270 fire into Lebanon proper last night as far as I know too.

A bit of backstory: https://apnews.com/article/lebanon-...nifil-ghajar-b9aad1535fea70e7a536212a9632297d

Never heard of this before. Can’t find anything on the subject too. Thank you for pointing this out as I won’t use it for future usernames (don’t think I can change it on here)

For the other part. I did say that I’ve seen. Anyway it’s a moot point. Didn’t want to downplay or disregard any other brutality in other parts of the world in any way.
Didn't mean to discourage you. It's a name with cool history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_makes_strength

And yea, I get what you mean. It's an absolute shock, and Israel have no choice in how to retaliate now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yea the tent was yesterday I believe. They fired mortars at a radar station and got smacked. Not sure if it was actual Hezbollah or Hamas/Palestinians operating from the tents. The timing in your videos though indicates it was either very early this morning, or early evening last night. Looks more like dusk to me but I'm no weather expert
The article states Hizballah struck on “Sunday morning” and that the IDF strike on the tent was in response.

arnie_ni

Does anyone have a quick rundown or a link I can read on the history of the area?

Its not something I've really studied or read on before but for some reason I always thought the area belonged to Jewish people and Israel took it back but I think that's wrong on some quick reading this morning.

owlo

The article states Hizballah struck on “Sunday morning” and that the IDF strike on the tent was in response.
Found a video. It was last night and it was Hezbollah. Quite professional PR footage too, levels above the Hamas stuff.

edit: you can't see where the sun is in that shortened video, but it's there. Hezbollah posted it at around 0600 local (ie before sunrise)

Superden

Modern military ethics? WTF

What like shooting dead dozens of kids just this year ? As well holding hundreds of them in jail without trial or access to lawyers...

But they don't have blonde hair and blue eyes, so they aren't real victims ...

Drainy

It is complex if you want to find excuses for Israel's oppression. So sure go ahead.
No, the process for peace is complex because it would be based on mutual trust and, while Israel have the higher ethical burden to be restrained and make moves towards peace, they also have a right to ensure their own safety so it's a cyclical self sabotaging thing