Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

rotherham_red

Thread of an incident that I struggle to believe isn't more prominent in the media's attention. Genuinely awful.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Thread of an incident that I struggle to believe isn't more prominent in the media's attention. Genuinely awful.
As we all know unless its white people being routinely murdered by an occupying force the Western media fail to acknowledge it let alone report it. israel says it thwarted a ramming incident after murdering the two men and kidnapping the third. This shit will never end unless it affects the white people unfortunately

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's the price of apartheid. Many, many non white faces must die by white faces. Before the slow turn of the world's gaze falls upon it properly. And victory/parity is finally achieved. South Africa all over again.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That's the price of apartheid. Many, many non white faces must die by white faces. Before the slow turn of the world's gaze falls upon it properly. And victory/parity is finally achieved. South Africa all over again.
It’s not a white/non-white thing in this case.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

UK apology sought for British war crimes in Palestine

The people of al-Bassa got their lesson in imperial brutality when the British soldiers came after dawn.
Machine guns mounted on Rolls Royce armoured cars opened fire on the Palestinian village before the Royal Ulster Rifles arrived with flaming torches and burned homes to the ground.
Villagers were rounded up while troops later herded men onto a bus and forced them to drive over a landmine which blew up, killing everyone on board.
A British policeman photographed the scene as women tended to the remains of their dead, before maimed body parts were buried in a pit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63145992

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

UK apology sought for British war crimes in Palestine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63145992
Good luck to them.

Given the victims of the Kenyan apartheid system we operated are suing the UK for £180 billion, I doubt any government will want to admit any liability for anything. We didn't in Jamaica, nor Malaysia, nor India, nor South Africa, nor Vietnam, or indeed anywhere else we have fecked.

The Corinthian

There’s videos I’ve seen of them burning Qu’rans in Hebron as well. Utter scum.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Eric and Celtic football club are truly heroes. Transcending conveniently created bullshit blurred lines and going straight to the heart of the matter.

I'm buying one. I urge others to as well. We can all do a little which over time can become a lot. Just like Eric, Celtic and Ben and Jerry's.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Cool looking shirt.

The Corinthian

Why pro-Israel lobby group Aipac is backing election deniers and extremist Republicans

The group places support for Israel over all over considerations, endorsing extreme rightwing candidates in the midterm elections

The US’s largest pro-Israel lobby group is backing dozens of racists, homophobes and election deniers running for Congress next month because they have pledged to defend Israelagainst stiffening criticism of its oppression of the Palestinians.

The powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee (Aipac) has justified endorsing Republicans with extremist views, including members of Congress with ties to white supremacist groups and representatives who attempted to block Joe Biden’s election victory, on the grounds that the singular issue of support for Israel trumps other considerations.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...ms-election-deniers-and-extremist-republicans

Superden

Why pro-Israel lobby group Aipac is backing election deniers and extremist Republicans

The group places support for Israel over all over considerations, endorsing extreme rightwing candidates in the midterm elections

The US’s largest pro-Israel lobby group is backing dozens of racists, homophobes and election deniers running for Congress next month because they have pledged to defend Israelagainst stiffening criticism of its oppression of the Palestinians.

The powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee (Aipac) has justified endorsing Republicans with extremist views, including members of Congress with ties to white supremacist groups and representatives who attempted to block Joe Biden’s election victory, on the grounds that the singular issue of support for Israel trumps other considerations.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...ms-election-deniers-and-extremist-republicans
any other organisation would be shut down for being anti-semitic, yet the one that shouts loudest about anti-semitism is the one most guilty of supporting the anti-semite loons.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How many more decades does Israel want to act like this? What is the endgame here?

rotherham_red

any other organisation would be shut down for being anti-semitic, yet the one that shouts loudest about anti-semitism is the one most guilty of supporting the anti-semite loons.
But us pointing that out is, erm, antisemitism... :houllier:

2cents

Scout
Yet another round of elections in Israel today. Seems to be a decent chance a Netanyahu-led (far-)right-wing coalition will get back into power, although further deadlock is very possible.

Amir

Yet another round of elections in Israel today. Seems to be a decent chance a Netanyahu-led (far-)right-wing coalition will get back into power, although further deadlock is very possible.
Exit polls give him the edge indeed.

IhabX7

Too many years of brain washing of the masses and too many poiliticians who can use him for their own gains.
The problem is deeper than that. This is a direct consequence to Jewish supremacy, the occupation and the apartheid system in place. As long as this continues unchallenged, the Israeli people's racism, as shown by these results, will get worse and worse.

Amir

The problem is deeper than that. This is a direct consequence to Jewish supremacy, the occupation and the apartheid system in place. As long as this continues unchallenged, the Israeli people's racism, as shown by these results, will get worse and worse.
Yeah, but that atrocity was there before Netanyahu. It just got worse, partly because he normalized racism and racists as it was to his benefit.

Unfortunately, it's also due to demographics. Families who almost always lean to the right tend to have far more children. So the numbers aren't going to get better. Israel will likely become more and more like this.

Part of the reason the left-center lost is that the right was unified while the left-center tore itself to shreds with different parties ripping pieces out of each other. A lot of votes were lost that way. But even if they were used properly, it would have been a tie at best and just delaying the inevitable.

IhabX7

Yeah, but that atrocity was there before Netanyahu. It just got worse, partly because he normalized racism and racists as it was to his benefit.

Unfortunately, it's also due to demographics. Families who almost always lean to the right tend to have far more children. So the numbers aren't going to get better. Israel will likely become more and more like this.

Part of the reason the left-center lost is that the right was unified while the left-center tore itself to shreds with different parties ripping pieces out of each other. A lot of votes were lost that way. But even if they were used properly, it would have been a tie at best and just delaying the inevitable.
It is due to demographics but not the reasons you mentioned. It’s a rigged election system that only simulates democracy. That’s the root of the problem.

Amir

It is due to demographics but not the reasons you mentioned. It’s a rigged election system that only simulates democracy. That’s the root of the problem.
Those are two different, terrible, issues. The no man's land the Palestinians live in, which includes no right to vote, and the way the Jewish people in the country are moving more and more to the right, now with the addition of shameless racism.

Had the Jewish situation been different, the Palestinian problem would have had a better chance to be resolved or improved. Instead, it's going to become worse and more violent.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I didn't think it was possible for Israel to become more right wing, they have done it. What is worse is that it seems the youth are the ones fueling it.

IhabX7

Those are two different, terrible, issues. The no man's land the Palestinians live in, which includes no right to vote, and the way the Jewish people in the country are moving more and more to the right, now with the addition of shameless racism.

Had the Jewish situation been different, the Palestinian problem would have had a better chance to be resolved or improved. Instead, it's going to become worse and more violent.
The idea of liberal Zionism is as absurd as that of liberal fascism. You can’t be both at the same time. This talk of a Jewish situation and a separate Palestinian situation is exactly the problem. This line of thinking simply cannot lead to a sustainable solution as is evident by the descent of the overwhelming majority of Israelis into unabashed, unfiltered racism. There cannot be any other outcome in an apartheid state. The ironic terms in which right wingers refer for leftists “יפי נפש”, ״מתיפיפים״ etc. are actually incredibly precise. Upholding an occupation while shouting “human rights” is the exact fakeness that these words describe.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He won't have any choice but to abide by the agreement with Lapid. If he doesn't the already shaky coalition will fall apart and Netenyahu will probably try to return as PM.
And succeed.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I remember watching the Louis Theroux documentary with the Zionists and I recall vividly just how much I genuinely disliked the guy who was buying up Palestinian homes for Jewish Americans to rent/live in some weird gentrification-type scheme. Seemed he was using religion to justify pretty abhorrent and reprehensible behavior. I realized that anyone who talks about their religion the way he did, be it Islam, Hindu, or Catholicism, makes me really queasy. Just is so jarring, I feel I am talking to a zombie or an alien, like when people are that dogmatic and pious it just feels, I dunno - weird.

I sadly don't feel the issue will ever be resolved, even if there was a massive ceasefire, the revenge for past grievances would be huge and constantly reignite conflict. Dumb question but perhaps there is an area of land the Palestinians could be given, (while I get it is not their home and they shouldn't have to leave - trying to be pragmatic), where they could be safe, sort of like Israel mk.2? A couple of countries give up some landmass and the Palestinians can live there in peace?

2cents

Scout
Dumb question but perhaps there is an area of land the Palestinians could be given, (while I get it is not their home and they shouldn't have to leave - trying to be pragmatic), where they could be safe, sort of like Israel mk.2? A couple of countries give up some landmass and the Palestinians can live there in peace?
That kind of idea gets proposed by pro-Israel beltway think tanks every so often, normally featuring Egypt giving up a godforsaken sliver of the Sinai and/or some or all of Jordan simply becoming “Palestine”. Can you think of any reason why Palestinians would ever accept such an arrangement?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

That kind of idea gets proposed by pro-Israel beltway think tanks every so often, normally featuring Egypt giving up a godforsaken sliver of the Sinai and/or some or all of Jordan simply becoming “Palestine”. Can you think of any reason why Palestinians would ever accept such an arrangement?
Oh of course, I am not pro-Israel or using their talking points.

Just thinking that this is never being resolved and the people being hurt the most will not be stopped from being hurt. As sad a thought as it is, I can't see the international community, Israel, and the USA stopping this so, what do you do?

The Corinthian

Dumb question but perhaps there is an area of land the Palestinians could be given, (while I get it is not their home and they shouldn't have to leave - trying to be pragmatic), where they could be safe, sort of like Israel mk.2? A couple of countries give up some landmass and the Palestinians can live there in peace?
I know you mean well, but this is quite an insulting question. Should Ukraine ask their residents in annexed regions to move to Moldova, Poland or Romania?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I know you mean well, but this is quite an insulting question. Should Ukraine ask their residents in annexed regions to move to Moldova, Poland or Romania?
It's not the same. Ukraine was invaded this year (2014 in Crimea too), this has been going on, since when, the forties? I don't think it is insulting to say that if you're being treated as third-class citizens and literally driven to the ocean, a different solution is perhaps considered to alleviate the horror, rather than - "keep being treated badly but hoping Israel/USA is going to change".

Of course, this isn't morally right but something will have to be done at some point.