It’s the players, not the manager

Lentwood

The over hyped and over paid english contingent which comprises of lingard, maguire, shaw and henderson.

All four need to be booted out in the summer. They are not utd quality either in skill or mentality.
I keep suspecting the English players and I want all of them sold. Moaning pricks.
I don't know why but I do too. Probably because I dont' envision Bruno/Ronaldo/Varane etc. watching Ted Lasso :lol:

I think Lingard is definitely one, and Shaw probably another.
You'd assume it's the English players running to their pals in the English press.

It's hard to imagine Fred, Telles, Cavani on WhatsApp trying to whinge in broken English to these journalists.
With absolutely no evidence whatsoever, on this page of the thread alone we have four different posters blindly blaming 'the English players'. What is it with people being desperate to factionalise the club? It's almost as if we have so many fans who support a single player, or group of players, rather than the club. I have never seen a club were so many of our so-called fans actively dislike or have an agenda against some of our players, without really a single good reason.

I could perhaps get on board with the theory that Lingard is disgruntled and firing off to his mates, but why would Maguire or Shaw complain? They have both started pretty much every game, when fit and available. Why would Henderson, a GK, be complaining about playing too much 11 vs 11 in training? Would be an odd gripe for a GK.

In my opinion, it is equally likely the moaning could be coming from someone like Ronaldo. We know he hasn't always been happy with Rangnick and I can't imagine he enjoyed being left out against Burnley....guess what...two days later, we have another leak. No mention of his name though, it's these 'English' players apparently...

Or....another equally likely theory....it's all just bollocks, made up by clickbait websites because you guys all swallow it hook, like and sinker and boost their engagements.

Apokalips

With absolutely no evidence whatsoever, on this page of the thread alone we have four different posters blindly blaming 'the English players'. What is it with people being desperate to factionalise the club? It's almost as if we have so many fans who support a single player, or group of players, rather than the club. I have never seen a club were so many of our so-called fans actively dislike or have an agenda against some of our players, without really a single good reason.

I could perhaps get on board with the theory that Lingard is disgruntled and firing off to his mates, but why would Maguire or Shaw complain? They have both started pretty much every game, when fit and available. Why would Henderson, a GK, be complaining about playing too much 11 vs 11 in training? Would be an odd gripe for a GK.

In my opinion, it is equally likely the moaning could be coming from someone like Ronaldo. We know he hasn't always been happy with Rangnick and I can't imagine he enjoyed being left out against Burnley....guess what...two days later, we have another leak. No mention of his name though, it's these 'English' players apparently...

Or....another equally likely theory....it's all just bollocks, made up by clickbait websites because you guys all swallow it hook, like and sinker and boost their engagements.
If there is a leak then logic would dictate that it would be more likely an English player leaking things to English press, as opposed to someone like Ronaldo who the press have continually tried to place blame on for some of our woes. Ronaldo has spoken openly about his issues in interviews as opposed to behind closed doors with press.

The individuals who are leaking would also be individuals who receive minimal criticism or have excuses made for them in them in the media, as naturally that is part of the relationship...giving leaks in return for positive press.

romufc

I don't know why but I do too. Probably because I dont' envision Bruno/Ronaldo/Varane etc. watching Ted Lasso :lol:

Shaw has just come out and said that he doesnt think its true. So how can it be him?

Apokalips

Shaw has just come out and said that he doesnt think its true. So how can it be him?
Not a surprise, we have had Fred come out and deny things recently too. The media are doing their best to paint a dismal picture which is likely based on fiction.

iHicksy

It;s obviously the players. These stories simply don't come out from other clubs. Although I appreciate United generates more clicks. However, can you think of a single manager we've had post Fergie where there wasn't a leak about them complaning about something in regards to training? And it's all in polar opposite with that which they complained about in the previous regime. Let's think back.

David Moyes: All the emphasis is on running and fitness with not enough tactical work. It's all out of date.
LVG: It's too tactical, we're not allowed any freedom. He makes us study videos as homework, he's too mean.
Jose: He's too mean. He slates us in public. The tactics are too rigid we can't express ourselves.
Ole: Mckenna and Carrick's training sessions are too basic. They refer to Mckenna is dry and school teachery. They want coaches with more experience.
Ralf: He makes us work on our shape too much. We're so shit we forget how to pass the ball without honing our technical skills. The assistant coach is like Ted lasso.

Honestly - can you remember this happening at any other club in the premier league...ever? I certainly can't. I would not be surprised once we get rid of the likes of Lingard, Pogba, Maguire etc these leaks stop. I'd imagine they either come from source or from players family members and those three all have form when it comes to family moaning to the media. But that's just me guessing. I could be completely wrong of course.

romufc

Not a surprise, we have had Fred come out and deny things recently too. The media are doing their best to paint a dismal picture which is likely based on fiction.
Yep, but as you have seen above, alot of fans are lapping it up.

Apokalips

Yep, but as you have seen above, alot of fans are lapping it up.
To be honest, the hysteria from fans at the slightest hint is probably why the media continue to poke the bear.

I have no doubt that the media read fan forums, etc. to gather sentiment and often extrapolate random fan theories into news from "sources", which then makes fans think their thoughts were true and a cycle continues.

The media make the inner workings of football clubs sound like an episode of The Bold and The Beautiful or Sunset Beach.

romufc

To be honest, the hysteria from fans at the slightest hint is probably why the media continue to poke the bear.

I have no doubt that the media read fan forums, etc. to gather sentiment and often extrapolate random fan theories into news from "sources", which then makes fans think their thoughts were true and a cycle continues.

The media make the inner workings of football clubs sound like an episode of The Bold and The Beautiful or Sunset Beach.
Yep, United Stand with a million followers retweet it to drive their agenda, which encourages the journalists as they get clicks on it.

It is unfortunate but the channel is going towards AFTV toxicity.

Lentwood

If there is a leak then logic would dictate that it would be more likely an English player leaking things to English press, as opposed to someone like Ronaldo who the press have continually tried to place blame on for some of our woes. Ronaldo has spoken openly about his issues in interviews as opposed to behind closed doors with press.

The individuals who are leaking would also be individuals who receive minimal criticism or have excuses made for them in them in the media, as naturally that is part of the relationship...giving leaks in return for positive press.
You think the English players have excuses made for them in the media....do you live in England? I don't know what the perception might be from overseas, but the scrutiny on English players from the press over here is insane, especially those English players who play for United.

Also, just because a so-called leak is presented in English, doesn't mean the initial leak was communicated in English....

You make the point about Ronaldo speaking openly...I would say Shaw and Maguire have also spoken just as openly. Maguire is club captain and is interviewed nearly every week. Shaw is actually quoted in an interview by this same Twitter page on the very same thread.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Double bluff!
I'm just kidding. No one knows, my guestimate was only from an article that said players want him because of his man management style etc. and only Shaw has played under him.

MTF

It;s obviously the players. These stories simply don't come out from other clubs. Although I appreciate United generates more clicks. However, can you think of a single manager we've had post Fergie where there wasn't a leak about them complaning about something in regards to training? And it's all in polar opposite with that which they complained about in the previous regime. Let's think back.

David Moyes: All the emphasis is on running and fitness with not enough tactical work. It's all out of date.
LVG: It's too tactical, we're not allowed any freedom. He makes us study videos as homework, he's too mean.
Jose: He's too mean. He slates us in public. The tactics are too rigid we can't express ourselves.
Ole: Mckenna and Carrick's training sessions are too basic. They refer to Mckenna is dry and school teachery. They want coaches with more experience.
Ralf: He makes us work on our shape too much. We're so shit we forget how to pass the ball without honing our technical skills. The assistant coach is like Ted lasso.

Honestly - can you remember this happening at any other club in the premier league...ever? I certainly can't. I would not be surprised once we get rid of the likes of Lingard, Pogba, Maguire etc these leaks stop. I'd imagine they either come from source or from players family members and those three all have form when it comes to family moaning to the media. But that's just me guessing. I could be completely wrong of course.
Pretty much, yeah. But disagree that just 3 players are the issue. Will probably need a larger turnover of players over time and a cultural reset (again).

Apokalips

You think the English players have excuses made for them in the media....do you live in England? I don't know what the perception might be from overseas, but the scrutiny on English players from the press over here is insane, especially those English players who play for United.

Also, just because a so-called leak is presented in English, doesn't mean the initial leak was communicated in English....

You make the point about Ronaldo speaking openly...I would say Shaw and Maguire have also spoken just as openly. Maguire is club captain and is interviewed nearly every week. Shaw is actually quoted in an interview by this same Twitter page on the very same thread.
Mate, chill. I did not blame Maguire or Shaw but simply stated the reason why people come to a logical conclusion that any leak is probably from an English player.

Yes I live in England and yes players are under heavy scrutiny, but it is always clear that British players are seen through a different lens, e.g. "Euros hangover" seems to apply to English players, or Rashford being poor and acting up on the pitch is read as potential mental health worries whereas a different player will just be seen as fair weather. Harry Kane is "a saint", yet Paul Pogba is a "virus", etc. There are definitely more snap judgements made about foreign players, while British players get given the benefit of the doubt at first.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully we have a good performance and get through against Atletico, and then suddenly everything will be about how we are ultimately on the right track and it'll give them belief. We need something like that. We are on the right track, but sometimes you need a big game to get the confidence through to the players properly.

United in sin

I doubt Pogba is part of this. Rangknick mentioned how Pogba gave a masterclass in his first session after recovering from injury, and he's looked focused in his appearances since.

sugar_kane

Quotes from Shaw circulating today praising Rangnick, and saying all the press leaks are bollocks - so unless he's some Machiavellian mastermind possibly not.

He also criticised the general attitude of the squad in his post match interview a few weeks back, so really don't think it's him.

There's a definite anti-English vibe online these days where United is considered, I wonder how much of this is justified or how much if it is just down to them being a bit less glamorous.

All that said, my pick for all this would be Lingard - but not because he is English.

romufc

Double bluff!
I'm just kidding. No one knows, my guestimate was only from an article that said players want him because of his man management style etc. and only Shaw has played under him.
Oh yes, in that aspect yes. he might have said he likes his training methods and likes him as a coach because he brought him through and worked with him.

Most players who have been brought in my a certain manager always have loyalty towards them.

One players said it = the whole squad in the eyes of ESPN.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Sad but true

FerociousCorgis

well hopefully the new manager coming in just brings a whole slew of changes, and we dont have to argue anymore of manager vs player blame. Both will be changed.

Revaulx

One players said it = the whole squad in the eyes of ESPN.
Very much this.

Player goes whinging to journalist and pours out all his grievances.

Journalist asks “And what about the rest of the team? Do that all share your views?”

Player is hardly going to say “Nah it’s just me, because I’ve got a massive chip on my shoulder. The rest are really happy” is he? Even if the journo suspects that might be the truth, he’s not going to mention it as it would make his story a lot less newsworthy.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The same issues have been on going for the last 5 years. The players still here, that were in the squad 5 years ago are;

De Gea, Bailly, Jones, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Shaw.

Sell all of these players excluding Rashford, as they are clearly part of an ongoing problem.

De Gea - Past his best

Bailly - Barely ever fit and when he is, he is rash and brainless. Been at the club twice as long as Maguire yet has played less games.

Jones - Barely played a game in 3 years, most injury prone player of all time.

Pogba - Great on his day but inconsistent, Mourinho was right in calling him toxic and his agent should be no where near the club.

Mata - Old and offers nothing on the pitch anymore.

Martial - Attitude problem, lack of effort and an appalling work ethic.

Lingard - 30 this year and not good enough.

Rashford - Seems a genuinely nice guy, is still young enough to reach his potential, and from the academy, so keep him.

Shaw - Had one good season in 8 years at the club and lacks professionalism for the most part. Sell while the club can still get a good fee.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Having to point out the English players are leaking to the English media really demonstrates how some people just want to keep their eyes wide shut.

Probably the same people asking for evidence Johnson attended parties the last two years :lol: or waiting for the investigation to be completed.

One final thing people I'm sure will also discard. Back in 2019 when Jonesy was given his brand spanking new contract for doing nothing, Herrera was complianing he was being treated differently because he's not English. It's been clear there's a bias in the media AND at the club but you have to want to acknowledge it.

Finally, one recent example on this forum is all the threads being made to protect saint Rashford when he has been atrocious for 1.5 years. He was being protected from the same language that's been used for Martial (and others) for a long time but all of a sudden the club's (and some fans') favourite guy is in the firing line and there's a 'toxicity' issue.

Polar

With Rangnick the players are on fire in the first half and with Ole they usually had strong performances in second half. Very strange. Both leaders on and of the pitch struggle to mobilise the players through the entire game, and it’s seems like the players struggle mentally.

At the same time we have to accept our best play isn’t at the same level as Chelsea, City and Pool. In one half we are playing like a top 4-6 team and in one half we play like a mid table team at best.

Based on the above mentioned fact I conclude our players aren’t good enough or according to our ambition. We can’t blame neither the players nor Rangnick for this.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
With Rangnick the players are on fire in the first half and with Ole they usually had strong performances in second half. Very strange. Both leaders on and of the pitch struggle to mobilise the players through the entire game, and it’s seems like the players struggle mentally.

At the same time we have to accept our best play isn’t at the same level as Chelsea, City and Pool. In one half we are playing like a top 4-6 team and in one half we play like a mid table team at best.

Based on the above mentioned fact I conclude our players aren’t good enough or according to our ambition. We can’t blame neither the players nor Rangnick for this.
The only solution is to sell the players and buy new ones. And to move rangnick upstairs and to hire ten hag.

With the players we currently have every manager will fail.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'm noting that we consistently play worse in the second half. Therefore the problem is fitness. The players are expending too much energy making up for their lack of pressing finesse. Other teams have noticed this and are sitting back a little in first half and then going on the offensive.

Also Ronaldo is too old.

El Zoido

I think it’s more that the opposition ups their tempo and intensity in the second half and we can’t deal with it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Got to be talking about Rashford, surely? He could've done so much more to try and prevent that second goal, he was lazily jogging back the entire time.