Film IT: Chapter 2 (2019)

Indnyc

Saw this last night.. The smile and pause by the grandma is deeply unsettling

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
IT 1 was such a letdown for me. I expected much more of it. I prefer the 90s version, it was more cheesy but it also had more heart/character.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Liked the original. Liked the first part of the remake. Doubt I'll dislike part two, but my wife won't be seeing it at the cinema so I might have to wait for it to come on netflix or something. :p

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Creepy start to the trailer, then all the crashing and banging that follows spoils it. I might not bother now.

Cait Sith

2019 gonna be great. John Wick 3, It 2, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Creepy start to the trailer, then all the crashing and banging that follows spoils it. I might not bother now.
My thoughts too and it's a problem the first film suffered from as well. I enjoyed the relationship between the kids and the odd slower creepy moments but every time they really went for a scare it just fell flat, largely because their attempts at producing a scare often amounted to some slightly crap cg looking thing moving fast and making a loud noise. Like the kids were being stalked by a particularly aggressive pokemon.

Doesn't seem their approach to eliciting scares is going to change so I guess the film depends on the strong cast managing to echo the nice relationship the young actors had in the first film. Which would be tricky to do, I think.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The paused smile and then continuing to talk like everything was normal. That shit is creepy! Also, at that point her left eye is slightly off, like it's looking at you. Unsettling.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I read the book when I was about 11 but haven't read it since. Is it actually good? I remember liking it at the time and have a hankering to read it again.

Fingeredmouse

I read the book when I was about 11 but haven't read it since. Is it actually good? I remember liking it at the time and have a hankering to read it again.
It has a profoundly disturbing Stephen King underage perversity ending which no-one talks about.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It has a profoundly disturbing Stephen King underage perversity ending which no-one talks about.
Unsurprisingly, the decision to include a child orgy is one of the things that does stick out in my mind from the first time I read it.

Sanche7

Anyone seen it? Getting mixed reviews. Some say it's too long, some say it has some good set pieces but pacing issues and problems with the storyline. I loved chapter 1, so I think I'll be watching this regardless of what the reviews say

Andersons Dietician

Jesus, I’ve never wanted a movie to finish so badly ever, It’s terrible. I wanted to walk out and by the time it was wrapping up o had my car keys and phone in my hands ready to go.

They’ve managed to get Chastain and McAvoy to put in pretty terrible performances to boot, some scenes are so laughably bad by the end it becomes more like one of the Scarymovie spoof films with the comedy elements.

I’ve watched some crap in my day but this is up there with one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

The best thing about it is either Bill Hader or the teaser trailer for the Emancipation of Harley Quinn.

Last edited:

Tarrou

every now and then a film comes along thats so bad, you wonder how they managed to screw it up so badly

its absolute dog-shit

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not getting to see this at the cinema isn't the end of the world then?
Still, I miss going to the cinema. If only for the bacon-snack. :(

Tarrou

Not getting to see this at the cinema isn't the end of the world then?
Still, I miss going to the cinema. If only for the bacon-snack. :(
If I wasn't with the Mrs who never bails on movies I'd have walked out half way through

So nah not the end of the world!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This was probably the worst "horror" film I've seen this year. Absolute trash. A colossal waste of nearly 3 hours. Technically it looked great and some good acting and funny jokes. But man the narrative structure was awful and it really became a joke as the film went on. Please avoid this pile of garbage.

Sanche7

Anyone seen it? Getting mixed reviews. Some say it's too long, some say it has some good set pieces but pacing issues and problems with the storyline. I loved chapter 1, so I think I'll be watching this regardless of what the reviews say
OK, having second thoughts about it now

wr8_utd

:'(
This was awful. I went in with a lot of hopes but this was painfully long, full of mediocre acting and just not remotely scary.
Hereditary is still the best horror movie I've seen in recent years.

SATA

I read that this was 2 hours and 45 hours, that's incredibly long. Was the first one this long i can't really remember