Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

el3mel

So Lukaku emerged out of this victorious. Again I like Zlatan but Lukaku deserved to win this.

ti vu

I don't remember; did United celebrate this much after their recent victory over Liverpool?
Coached by Conte. What would you expect? That's why I said (Conte thread or last year EL thread?) that Inter winning anything would be annoying even for a neutral fan with Conte celebrating like winning a World Cup.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Okay, so that whole thing between Ibra and Lukaku makes sense now. Ibra was telling Lukaku to "go do your voodoo shit" and apparently made a reference to his mother over that ("Go call your mother"). Is it just me, or is Lukaku's anger perfectly reasonable in this situation?

EDIT: Some additional context

So Ibra was telling Lukaku to request his mother to perform some voodoo. I guess Lukaku got the last laugh...

el3mel

Okay, so that whole thing between Ibra and Lukaku makes sense now. Ibra was telling Lukaku to "go do your voodoo shit" and apparently made a reference to his mother over that ("Go call your mother"). Is it just me, or is Lukaku's anger perfectly reasonable in this situation?
It's.

Zlatan really emerged out of this looking like an absolute cnut, sorry. I really like him as a player but he showed his dark side today.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's.

Zlatan really emerged out of this looking like an absolute cnut, sorry. I really like him as a player but he showed his dark side today.
To be honest, he's been doing this for a while. The only reason most people tolerate or even enjoy those things are because he's not your typical boring footballer off the pitch.

Idxomer

Zlatan is a bit of a clown, his arrogance is fake and nothing like Cantona.

ti vu

The thing is even at Sunday League level, players insult each other is very very common. There is no boundary, or morality when blood got boiled on the pitch, especially in derby. Lukaku locked had heads with Zlatan before the round of "Little Donkey" and "Voodoo shit", so there was more to this confrontation.

The whole voodoo thing now sounds like it has leg. Back then it only sounds like a slandering by a bitter Everton share holder. For Zlatan, who with Lukaku previously shared same agent Raiola, to come out with this, there must be some insider's knowledge.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Lil' schoolyard king Zlatan is having the time of his life

"I have scored more goals than you have played games in your career" --> proceeds to getting raped by Atalanta
"Go do your voodoo shit you little donkey. Go do your voodoo shit with your mother" --> proceeds to cost Milan a cup semis.

:p

Hoof the ball

Meh.

Inter needed a penalty, a red card, and for Milan's best defender to be injured. Also, no Calabria, no Bennacer, no Gigio versus Inter with a full squad.

Different story when Milan is at full strength.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Meh.

Inter needed a penalty, a red card, and for Milan's best defender to be injured. Also, no Calabria, no Bennacer, no Gigio versus Inter with a full squad.

Different story when Milan is at full strength.
Romagnoli is their best defender. Kjaer is good but not as good.

Hoof the ball

Romagnoli is their best defender. Kjaer is good but not as good.
Not for me, he isn't. I frequent Milan sub-reddit, the Red and Black Forum and Milan Obsession and the majority of Milanista's not only think he's consistent playing at a higher level than Romagnoli, but that he's also the best performing CB in the league, and that's coming from most Milanista's.

GueRed

Zlatan is a fake

he thinks he's cool but his try-hard 'look at me' style doesnt wash

good to see someone stand up to his shit talking.

PS. Good game glad i watched it

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Zlatan is a fake

he thinks he's cool but his try-hard 'look at me' style doesnt wash

good to see someone stand up to his shit talking.

PS. Good game glad i watched it
Lucky you, I fecking watched Southampton vs Arsenal, shit game.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Thank you Christian!!!
I always get trembling in derbys. The match I suffer the most

UtdAgain08

I've always thought Lukaku comes across as a sensitive person, someone says you're sh*t or something about your mum on a football pitch and you lose it, something wrong there. He was getting criticism about being fat or slow so released the speed tests at Utd if I remember correctly, saying he was faster than Shaw.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Why is the wall a few feet back from the white line? Odd. Could have potentially been blocked if was in correct position.
Not sure. I can only speculate as I haven't seen the game and so only have seen the above clip out of context, but I suspect the white line we see in the video might be one the ref made for the Inter players to keep distance from the Milan wall. It seems to have become a thing lately that there has to be some distance and I've seen refs use their spray to indicate this to players of the free-kick taking team, too.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Not sure. I can only speculate as I haven't seen the game and so only have seen the above clip out of context, but I suspect the white line we see in the video might be one the ref made for the Inter players to keep distance from the Milan wall. It seems to have become a thing lately that there has to be some distance and I've seen refs use their spray to indicate this to players of the free-kick taking team, too.
Correct. Atalanta use this tactic often, where they have their own players form a wall in front of their free kick taker, and then they spread apart once the kick is taken.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus fixtures after Sampdoria:

Feb 2 vs Inter. Coppa Italia SF 1st leg
Feb 6 vs Roma. Serie A
Feb 9 vs Inter. Coppa Italia SF 2nd leg
Feb 13 vs Napoli. Serie A
Feb 17 vs Porto. Champions League

A lot at stake in just 15 days..

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Penalties received in Serie A this season

Atalanta, Napoli - 3
Lazio, Inter - 4
Juve, Roma - 5
Milan - 13

:eek:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
This is getting out of hand, 10 more penalties than any other team in the league has to be some sort of record at this stage :lol:

piesel

Serie A penalties top ten in last 10 years (not counting this season):

1. Lazio: 91 in 380 games
  2. Fiorentina: 85 in 380 games
  3. Milan: 81 in 380 games
  4. Roma: 79 in 380 games
  5. Napoli: 78 in 380 games
  6. Juventus: 73 in 380 games
  7. Inter: 64 in 380 games
  8. Genoa: 63 in 380 games
  9. Sampdoria: 62 in 342 games
  10. Torino: 56 in 304 games