Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Shocking quality of football on display in Benevento-Inter. Feels like watching players taking their first practice easy after a break.
To be fair, Benevento are going to concede lots of goals. They're an attacking side, and they're not going to be too pragmatic in their approach. That should make one of the more entertaining sides, at least.

KC91

The confidence and self belief that this Atalanta team have is astounding. Looking like they’re going to be a dangerous proposition in Italy and Europe again this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's been a fairly even game actually. Just the sheer confidence and quality of atalanta's attack, along with some very good last ditch defending and poor finishing by lazio and it's a massacre instead

Ref has been shocking even by english standards though

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
i searched the Europe League thread for this :D

predator

Youth NITK
That was crazy. I was watching it on livescores live stream and it kept cutting out. Definitely the most entertaining penalty shootout ive ever seen.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
One of the craziest penalty shootouts I've ever watched.. I'm happy we have qualified to the group stages but Rio Ave threw away the qualification so many times tonight

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Don't think I've ever gone through so many emotions during a game of football :lol:

Not sure what was better, that panenka or the keeper penalties

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Very unlucky to go like this. Still can't understand the 120min pen but well glad this is over!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This was an absurdist masterpiece :lol:

90 minutes were drab and boring but little did we know, they were just the prelude to the utter, ridiculous madness and ridiculouslsness of extra time and penalty shootout

Yagami

Good post resistant
Guess I'll be watching Spezia now.

They've just loaned one of my favourite players from Brazil - Leo Sena who's a volante type. Loved him for Goias last season, and he was only just bought by Atletico Mineiro this window who are currently flying under Sampaoli. Guess Sampaoli wasn't a fan as he only gave Sena about 5 mins before getting rid.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Juve aren't making it any easier for them to not be hated, I see. :lol:
Man If juve doesn't get to pitch it's them losing 3-0 :D
It's FIGC fault they gotta change rules for covid.
Cause that way if Juve doesn't get on the field if FIGC doesn't kill the game it will lose 3-0 without playing.
But if Napoli can't play it's gonna be them losing without playing.
Madness

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Man If juve doesn't get to pitch it's them losing 3-0 :D
It's FIGC fault they gotta change rules for covid.
Cause that way if Juve doesn't get on the field if FIGC doesn't kill the game it will lose 3-0 without playing.
But if Napoli can't play it's gonna be them losing without playing.
Madness
Are you sure that if neither team shows up both lose? There has to be a way to postpone the match. Its a very shitty move by juve to win this way.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Are you sure that if neither team shows up both lose? There has to be a way to postpone the match. Its a very shitty move by juve to win this way.
Yeah that's why Juventus posted we'll be regularly on the pitch.
Cause if they don't and there isn't a disposition from FIGC they'd be breaking the rules.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Yeah that's why Juventus posted we'll be regularly on the pitch.
Cause if they don't and there isn't a disposition from FIGC they'd be breaking the rules.
Let's see what happens, the rule seems very stupid. If the authority doesn't allow a team to travel they shouldn't lose by default.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Let's see what happens, the rule seems very stupid. If the authority doesn't allow a team to travel they shouldn't lose by default.
and they shoudn't!
Imo tomorrow they will kill the game and be done with it

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juve aren't making it any easier for them to not be hated, I see. :lol:
Come on, this is a matter above one club, above FIGC and even above football now. Napoli was stopped at airport by the higher health authority, Juve must still stick to the lower FIGC football rules... now... ubi maior, minor cessat... the higher authority will regulate this case and the similar ones that will surely come in the near future

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Come on, this is a matter above one club, above FIGC and even above football now. Napoli was stopped at airport by the higher health authority, Juve must still stick to the lower FIGC football rules... now... ubi maior, minor cessat... the higher authority will regulate this case and the similar ones that will surely come in the near future
I really hope that the FIGC postpone the match. The fact that Napoli are forced to not travel rather than them choosing not to should prevent them from getting a forfeiture, surely.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
There is a conflict between authorities right now, with a local (still higher) health authority deciding that they can rule above the (lower, in grade) FIGC football jurisdiction, in spite of a shared protocol that the FIGC agreed with the central government just a few days ago. It is a mess, but the entire sport in pandemic times is uncharted waters, desperately trying to balance safety with billion revenues. This will escalate for sure and the central government will intervene as soon as possible in the person of the Sport ministry, even later this night to allow Napoli travel tomorrow in the early morning (if the case, if the scientific committee agrees, and whatever). At the moment, it is clear that the local health authority in Naples took exception to Napoli moving and raised the red flag.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There is a conflict between authorities right now, with a local (still higher) health authority deciding that they can rule above the (lower, in grade) FIGC football jurisdiction, in spite of a shared protocol that the FIGC agreed with the central government just a few days ago. It is a mess, but the entire sport in pandemic times is uncharted waters, desperately trying to balance safety with billion revenues. This will escalate for sure and the central government will intervene as soon as possible in the person of the Sport ministry, even later this night to allow Napoli travel tomorrow in the early morning (if the case, if the scientific committee agrees, and whatever). At the moment, it is clear that the local health authority in Naples took exception to Napoli moving and raised the red flag.
You'd have thought that the local authorities would have been advised by the central government about the agreement with FIGC so that they'd prepare accordingly. Still, I can now see why Juventus are willing to field their lineup for the match even if Napoli won't be available. There's a good reason for them to not enter this conflict when it doesn't negatively affect them.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You'd have thought that the local authorities would have been advised by the central government about the agreement with FIGC so that they'd prepare accordingly. Still, I can now see why Juventus are willing to field their lineup for the match even if Napoli won't be available. There's a good reason for them to not enter this conflict when it doesn't negatively affect them.
You are trying to see malice or unfair advantage or covering their a*se, but there is no way a single club should act motu proprio and add to the confusion in this first-of-a-kind instance. It is neither sympathy nor solidarity at stake here, but the protocol agreed just three days ago between the FIGC and the central gov. If every single club from any given sport acts as they want, anarchy ensues. The health authority is posing a problem, the central gov must rule... football will follow suit accordingly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
P
You are trying to see malice or unfair advantage or covering their a*se, but there is no way a single club should act motu proprio and add to the confusion in this first-of-a-kind instance. It is neither sympathy nor solidarity at stake here, but the protocol agreed just three days ago between the FIGC and the central gov. If every single club from any given sport acts as they want, anarchy ensues. The health authority is posing a problem, the central gov must rule... football will follow suit accordingly.
Yeah, exactly. I realised that once Lega Serie A decided that the match will remain on schedule.

EDIT: I wasn't insinuating anything from the phrase that you bolded. I started to empathise with Juve there. If they decided to act up and do something else, that would be worse for them than to proceed with the match.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
1-0
Muriel

1-1
Godin

2-1
Gomez

3-1
Pasalic

4-1
Duvan

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's it, i'm placing a sizable bet on atalanta to win the league

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Atalanta are ridiculous, they'll end up by far with the most goals in the league once again

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just looking through the scorers list and didn't realise Diego Godin played for Cagliari now.

Was he a complete disaster at Inter or did they just let him go due to wages? Thought he'd be good in Conte system.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atalanta are ridiculous, they'll end up by far with the most goals in the league once again
They could challenge in these uncertain times. Start of last season they had a slow start due to adapting playing in CL so Juve built up a sizeable lead they couldn't quite claw back.

With Juve's hard start the top should be quite close first half of the season I think.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
They could challenge in these uncertain times. Start of last season they had a slow start due to adapting playing in CL so Juve built up a sizeable lead they couldn't quite claw back.

With Juve's hard start the top should be quite close first half of the season I think.
you know man once you say these things Karma start building up!
So Serie A will not see its end and Atalanta won't win it because it! Karma... destiny call it however! Bet gonna be this way

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Was he a complete disaster at Inter or did they just let him go due to wages? Thought he'd be good in Conte system.
He was always going to have a short-term spell at Inter. His exit was only accelerated because Inter wanted to bring Vidal in and had to free up wages somewhere.