Italian Serie A 2022/23

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Collegio di Garanzia dello Sport aren't exactly his friends anyway :smirk:
My bad, I meant the ordinary justice route, not the private sport justice ruling in half a day like it was a spit by Totti or a hard tackle by Gattuso. With hundreds million euros at stake and this season plus at least the next one abruptly ruined, any sane owner would move the seven seas (like Barcelona, to cite one other club in dire straits).

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
My bad, I meant the ordinary justice route, not the private sport justice ruling in half a day like it was a spit by Totti or a hard tackle by Gattuso. With hundreds million euros at stake and this season plus at least the next one abruptly ruined, any sane owner would move the seven seas (like Barcelona, to cite one other club in dire straits).
Remains to be seen, but I doubt that as well. I think dragging down others with them is the single most damaging thing that can happen, and I refuse to believe the echo that Juventus seeks to play this card and point at others in court.

Also, from what I've heard, Fioranna Vittoria Negri is the single best thing that could have happened. She is said to be an absolute expert, ready to take all accounting matters into her hands, and again I think it's doubtful she gets asked to go down this justice route.

Lastly, I'd say the current overtones are to be heard in conjunction with the stock market value slump, to signal strength, while in the background, the new five are working their asses off. We'll see. If the stock exchange opens a case on their own, Juventus might still have to play the others too-card, but again, that can be more damaging in the long run.

Great punchline: the seven-headed dragon moves the seven seas! :) Cheers

Last edited:

Pintu

The downgrade from Théo to Dest on that left wing is brutal…

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
2-2 vs Roma after been 2-0 up at minute 86
Out from Coppa Italia in the first match (despite we played 1-man up for 60 minutes)
2-2 at Lecce
Battered 3-0 by Inter
Battered 4-0 by Lazio

Shocking results.. Pioli must be sacked if we fail to win at Sassuolo on Sunday, otherwise February is gonna be a bloodbath (we have Inter, Atalanta, Tottenham x2, Fiorentina and a Torino team that already defeated us twice this season)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tătăruşanu is a shocking goalkeeper. For someone so tall, he doesn't cover the goal at all.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Remains to be seen, but I doubt that as well. I think dragging down others with them is the single most damaging thing that can happen, and I refuse to believe the echo that Juventus seeks to play this card and point at others in court.

Also, from what I've heard, Fioranna Vittoria Negri is the single best thing that could have happened. She is said to be an absolute expert, ready to take all accounting matters into her hands, and again I think it's doubtful she gets asked to go down this justice route.

Lastly, I'd say the current overtones are to be heard in conjunction with the stock market value slump, to signal strength, while in the background, the new five are working their asses off. We'll see. If the stock exchange opens a case on their own, Juventus might still have to play the others too-card, but again, that can be more damaging in the long run.

Great punchline: the seven-headed dragon moves the seven seas! :) Cheers
Elkann muttered some good words, at last. He does not need Juventus FC and has no personal attachment to the club, just a small, noisy asset in their Exor portfolio now based in Amsterdam. Italian football is ruled, directed and viewed by gammons stuck in the 70s, slowly dying without understanding why (just read the rant from the 45yo Inter fan in the other topic). Many would prefer he retires the brand and liquidates the assets, in case he finds the business unsustainable for the future, instead of selling to a fund. We will see.

Pintu

Roma wants to sell Zaniolo to Bournemouth, he’s still waiting for Milan…

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Elkann muttered some good words, at last. He does not need Juventus FC and has no personal attachment to the club, just a small, noisy asset in their Exor portfolio now based in Amsterdam. Italian football is ruled, directed and viewed by gammons stuck in the 70s, slowly dying without understanding why (just read the rant from the 45yo Inter fan in the other topic). Many would prefer he retires the brand and liquidates the assets, in case he finds the business unsustainable for the future, instead of selling to a fund. We will see.
A hint where I can find this rant was much appreciated. Perhaps can't find it because of my Newbie status?

As for Elkann, I think he's in love with this noisy asset, but what do I know... Anyway, Next Gen is likely to produce value soon enough, Juve's standing in Italy and the Italian diaspora worldwide is still huge, and the family bonds are certainly there. Liquidating cannot be an option, but yeah, doesn't mean I'd oppose your view regarding the prosciuttos from the 70s, not at all. :D

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
A hint where I can find this rant was much appreciated. Perhaps can't find it because of my Newbie status?

As for Elkann, I think he's in love with this noisy asset, but what do I know... Anyway, Next Gen is likely to produce value soon enough, Juve's standing in Italy and the Italian diaspora worldwide is still huge, and the family bonds are certainly there. Liquidating cannot be an option, but yeah, doesn't mean I'd oppose your view regarding the prosciuttos from the 70s, not at all. :D
Here you go with the epic rant: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/juv...-bans-juve-appeal.473632/page-9#post-30026623 .

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
10 goals conceded in the last 2 games and half.. It does not look good for us..

GlasgowCeltic

crazy how things can swing, Theo aside this looks a really average group of players (Leao included though he’s benched today)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It would help to play an actual goalkeeper mind

Lost bear

Milan falling apart. Haven’t really followed this season. What’s going on?
They’ve gone to shit in the last few games. That said, they’ve been a bit unlucky with some of the decisions today. Just scored, actually - 2 - 5 now. Jesus.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Feels like an absurd amount of Berardi's good performances come against Milan. Weird feeling or something to it?

Pintu

Pogba and Vlahovic back to the group. Pogba might get his very first minutes of the season… But no Chiesa?

Pintu

Feels like an absurd amount of Berardi's good performances come against Milan. Weird feeling or something to it?
Against Milan and Inter I believe… BTW, they won away to both Milan and Inter last season, very rare thing, let alone for mid table clubs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Milan’s tactic of playing a false goalkeeper is daring that’s for sure

Ladron de redcafe

What's going on with Milan's defense? 9 goals conceded in 2 games. The most goals shipped in consecutive games in the club's history.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What's going on with Milan's defense? 9 goals conceded in 2 games. The most goals shipped in consecutive games in the club's history.
I don't know if it's the whole story, but that backup keeper is a clown. Since the World Cup, he's conceded something like 18 goals from 28 shots on target.

Ladron de redcafe

I don't know if it's the whole story, but that backup keeper is a clown. Since the World Cup, he's conceded something like 18 goals from 28 shots on target.
Yeah reminds of me City's Ederson in terms of goals conceded per shot on goal but the latter has other outstanding abilities to compensate for his relatively poor shot stopping. This guy is pretty awful :lol:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
The highlight of today was the little girl sat next to me at San Siro cursing the Milan players at the top of her lungs every time a mistake was committed. So, every few minutes, basically.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Big three are in complete mess. They will have to revamp their complete policies. Not having money is one thing, but not having a semblance of the idea on how to operate is something else. Inter are in deep shit in particular. They are only kept affloat by a group of players assembled earlier, but they keep losing them one after the another without getting anyone with resale value.

Bastoni and Martinez seem like the only two left, and my guess is that they too will be leaving in next two years max. Meanwhile, they will be replaced by someone like Smalling or some other ridiculous washed out player.

avgp_1

Great tempo to this game so far. Roma have come into this with lots of intensity