Italian Serie A 2023/2024

Ricardo de la Vega

Watching Juve v Udinese here; Juve look typically Allegriesque; slow, boring, just horse-shoeing it around from side to side as typical when they use this boring 3-5-2 system that just straightjackets all their creative players like Chiesa into nothingness. I feel sorry for Juve fans.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And there goes juventus

Let's see if Inzaghi manages to blow it from here :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Inter can't blow it now. Juventus don't even deserve to be second and should be well out of the title race

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter can't blow it now. Juventus don't even deserve to be second and should be well out of the title race
Nah, they fully deserve 2nd
Inter play amazing football. Inzaghi is underated around here.
He's great, but also, in both seasons at inter they misteriously inexplicably fell apart between February and March, losing a bunch of games in increasingly unreal fashion, and it cost them the title 2 years ago

So, you know, wait and see that it doesn't happen again

Juicy Juiced

Nah, they fully deserve 2nd

He's great, but also, in both seasons at inter they misteriously inexplicably fell apart between February and March, losing a bunch of games in increasingly unreal fashion, and it cost them the title 2 years ago

So, you know, wait and see that it doesn't happen again
He is grown up from mistakes.
Chelsea next manager.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus can't win anymore and the title race is over for good. Even a collapse shouldn't be enough for Inter to lose the title from here

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Inter play amazing football. Inzaghi is underated around here.
I loved watching his Lazio teams aswell, always had them punching above their relative weight as them going back down the league under Sarri shows.

Would be interesting to see his style in the prem for sure. Probably more likely for Italy after the euros perhaps.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Atalanta with a pen that shouldn’t have been. Player went down holding he’s head like he’d been kicked in the head. Replays show it was nowhere near his head so for that alone it shouldn’t have got given.

Pintu

Beautiful Hattrick by Dybala… What a player!!

And when i type Dybala on Twitter I got this first. Apparently from the EL game last Thursday.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bit misleading that.
Those 6 serie A games:
Fiorentina
@ Bologna
Napoli
@ Juventus
Atalanta
@ Milan

The schedule is why Roma sacked Mou after the Milan game

That said, Roma were very much going through Mou's 3rd season syndrome - it's evident watching them play under DDR, they look focused and hungry like they did in their best spells with Mou. He's just mentally draining, players don't have the capacity to keep that up in the long run...

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Bit misleading that.
Those 6 serie A games:
Fiorentina
@ Bologna
Napoli
@ Juventus
Atalanta
@ Milan

The schedule is why Roma sacked Mou after the Milan game

That said, Roma were very much going through Mou's 3rd season syndrome - it's evident watching them play under DDR, they look focused and hungry like they did in their best spells with Mou. He's just mentally draining, players don't have the capacity to keep that up in the long run...
Plus Danielle is enjoying the couple of months Dybala it's not injured :D .

PD: Lautaro with more than 100 goals in Serie A joins that exclusive club, good for him, I'm fond of the lad

Lay

I wish he was fit a lot more than he is. Class player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are so done. Atalanta has a goal disallowed for handball(probably it was) on the same play in which the attacker committing the potential handball also Leveled the defender. Like the most obvious attacking foul you can see, and they lost 5 minutes checking for a maybe very slight handball :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Game turned into a massacre btw

Inter are the new italian champions

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
What a goal from Lautaro with his weak foot and he misses his penalty, so many times the two sides of a coin with him.
Serie A looks quite settle, winning by these margins might also help if they some how royally fvcked it up in the last games of the season: One thing Inter seems to have done really well in these last years it's team chemistry, they look that they actually get along for real as mates

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I wish he was fit a lot more than he is. Class player
In terms of wishes to be stronger and faster also would have helped him quite a lot, technically he is really gifted

Lay

Napoli just might get back into some sort of groove after being woeful all season. 6-1 away win but largely helped due to individual errors by Sassoulo.

As for Inter, they look very solid and look like they love playing together. Hope they can go far in the UCL

didz

Huge result for Bologna coming back to beat Atalanta. Damn good goal from Ferguson to win it too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bologna will play in the CL next season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Entertaining game. Juventus have missed so many chances :houllier:

Really undeserved result so far

AFC NimbleThumb

Feck Allegri. He’s buried that kid! Poor tackle yes but dragging him off shifts the narrative.

Lay

Napoli :D

Great game, Juventus deserved more. Not sure if subbing that kid was necessary by Allegri either.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Huge result for Bologna coming back to beat Atalanta. Damn good goal from Ferguson to win it too.
Any bigger Serie A sides looking at him?

Still barely getting any minutes for Scotland. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why juventus ideally don't want to continue with Allegri in a nutshell(well, that plus his wages), but on the other hand they've been too good this season to justify changing him...

In fairness, they deserved the draw and would have gotten it if not for thag stupid penalty. Actually had been the better team all in all

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Napoli just might get back into some sort of groove after being woeful all season. 6-1 away win but largely helped due to individual errors by Sassoulo.

As for Inter, they look very solid and look like they love playing together. Hope they can go far in the UCL
What's happened to Sass, second bottom now so relegation looking lively?

Probably due to De Zerbi being there a few seasons ago but I've always had them down as a Brighton type team who've always been solid mid table and good to watch with exciting forward players, is Berardi still there?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's happened to Sass, second bottom now so relegation looking lively?
Weaker team than usual, some key injuries and went into a negative spiral. Kinda like Leicester last season. They going down. Teams like those when they get sucked into this kind of relegation scraps rarely manage to get out of it. They just lack the mentality for it

Probably due to De Zerbi being there a few seasons ago but I've always had them down as a Brighton type team who've always been solid mid table and good to watch with exciting forward players, is Berardi still there?
He is, been injured a lot this season though and today did his achilles, so season over and misses the euros too

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Very lucky win from Napoli. Incredible how Juventus missed SIX clear-cut chances in that game..

I don't know the situation with FDJ and Pedri but I still think Barcelona are highly favourite to qualify.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Very lucky win from Napoli. Incredible how Juventus missed SIX clear-cut chances in that game..

I don't know the situation with FDJ and Pedri but I still think Barcelona are highly favourite to qualify.
They are though not playing at camp nou is a big loss for them montjuic just doesn't offer a big home field advantage

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just your left sided CB pushing up to the left wing for a cross to the far post, where your right sided CB is making his run to head it in

Football in 2024 :drool: