It's coming Rome | Italy Appreciation Thread

Eli Zee

I guess that's more of a reason for every team in England and fan to hate United... missed both Pens from our players.

Statue of Limitations

The team that played the better, more positive football are taking the trophy home, home to Rome!
Delighted for Italy, feel for Saka.

They Italians looked great from the first game and were the best team, so a good result for the tournament.

Playing v the hosts in the final can't have been easy, they conceded super early too, so well done on playing the better football after that.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
It came home but now it goes to Rome. Sorry for the english fans but the best team of the tournament won.

SirAnderson

Congratulations to Italy

I thought they started out strong but peaked around the Belgium game.

But they have a manager who trusts ALL his players and I think that's why they won it in the end. Some luck here and there but they deserved it, overall they were the best team in the tournament.
Such a class poster, I think I could have just about dealt with your threads you had in store had England won. :nervous: I think.

Phil

Best team of the tournament, enjoyed watching them throughout and Chiesa is special. Thought they stuttered a bit towards the end though.

Well done Italy

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Disappointing night for England but Italy comfortably deserved to win and were by far the better team on the night. Mancini has done an incredible job, they’re missing a top striker up front but should be one of the favourites for the World Cup.

Happy for Bonucci and Chiellini, think the former would be my player of the tournament. Sensational tonight and still underrated imo, his passing is more incisive than most central midfielders and defensively he’s a colossus.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Congratulations to Italy, they showed a winner's mentality to get the job done when it counted.

SeanyC

How many of these troll threads are needed?
It’s just a bit of banter man, no harm in. You have to take as good as you give. England are a good team, that is without question, Italy deserved it though. No hard feeling ;)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I never thought I'd ever cheer for Italy winning, but here we are. They fully deserved it, came back from a very difficult period, and played like a real team. Credit to them, they have now won the most Euro out of all.

arnie_ni

How many of these troll threads are needed?
This isn't a troll thread. They were the beat team. Brat Belgium and Spain on their way to the final and then England.

They were the better team tonight as well, without creating that much however.

Wayne's World

Best team in the tournament for me, their pressing and off the ball work was top notch..

And a deserved respect, they were the better team tonight

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not really a neutral but from a neutral POV, Italy were the side most people wanted to win and they were the best team (as opposed to best collection of players) over the tournament. Better team tonight as well.

arnie_ni

Would love to have Mancini at United. Excellent manager and a true gentleman.
For another time but if by the end of next season (after the world cup) if he's looking a job and ole hasn't pushed us on, I'd love him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Best team in the tournament. Austria was their dodgy moment but taking out Belgium-Spain-England on home turf all in a row deserves huge respect.

Chiesa is a gem of a player. Was main reason Juve scraped top 4 in final weeks and really like him in the false 9 rejig Mancini did at 1 down, should be viable option for world cup.

Italy will be major contender there as it's short enough timespan for Bonucci and Chellini to both make it. If they had CF of Kane quality I'd make them favourites as team is very good in all other areas.

The Hilton

Were there for the taking in the final really, Mancini showed the value of actually using your squad, but England only have themselves to blame really.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I enjoyed some of tonight. Shaw’s goal was terrific. Maguire and Shaw have been excellent for England in this tournament. Hope they are not shattered for United’s new season games. Also, tough on Sancho and Rashford.

Italy were far the better side, especially in the second half. They silenced Wembley. Great group of players; delighted for them.

England seemed to go into their shell for most of the game. I don’t think Pickford has enough composure. Having said that, Southgate has done a good job. This was a different England.

Giggs86

Denmark would've troubled them more than England imo. Could've been a high scoring, entertaining attacking final with both teams going at it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats to Italy, fully deserved and is a very good win considering all the teams they eliminated.

Kopral Jono

I really like this Italy team and was sort of rooting for them throughout until the final. To me at least this lot is way more likeable than Italy teams of yesteryear: progress brand of football, players playing with smile on their faces, much less cheaty, clean haircuts all around, Federico Chiesa, the whole package, really. I remember not liking a single player from their World Cup winning side of 2006.

Congratulations! Well deserved, the best team of the tournament.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Had money on Italy winning the tournament, absolutely love the way they play the game, born winners throughout their team, well deserved winners.

Pep's Suit

Wonderful team! Maybe lack 1 or 2 truly special, generational talents to win the World Cup next year but they clearly play the best football of all NTs right now and Mancini's in-game management and man-management is excellent plus he gives them confidence and charisma.