g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

It's like watching Manchester United again..(return to meritocracy)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ecstatic... This what I have been crying out for years, getting rid of Rooney was the first step. We are not the finished article yet but returning to meritocracy is a big moment in the future of this club.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is what happens when you attack with intensity. Gaps start opening up, the opponents start making more mistakes and misplacing passes, giving away more corners etc.

OneUnited24

Thought we started slow but the second goal really livened things up... Still work to do mind, havent really felt we've got out of second gear

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
This is what happens when you attack with intensity. Gaps start opening up, the opponents start making more mistakes and misplacing passes, giving away more corners etc.
If we play every game like we just lost the previous 3 we would be amazing!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't know how long it's been since we say a move in and around the box like the one leading to Mata's goal. I've missed that.

Denis79

The difference two technical players do through the middle instead of powerhouses like Rooney and Fellaini. Pogba can play simple football because we have others to help with creativity. Fantastic!

Dumbat12

The difference two technical players do through the middle instead of powerhouses like Rooney and Fellaini. Pogba can play simple football because we have others to help with creativity. Fantastic!
This.

Now all we need is Miki and switch to 4-3-3 and we'll destroy any team that gets in our way. It wasn't so hard to just drop Rooney, was it?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Serious question, when was the last time we were 4 goals up at HT in a Premier League game, if ever?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
:lol: Is this the post match thread ?
:lol: no.. don't want to use this to discuss tactics. It is more about the feeling of watching an entertaining United side again.. I haven't felt this for years. Post match can discuss the actual game in detail.

Manny

Grammar Police
It felt like Pogba, Zlatan and Rashford were trying to make a point in the first 20 minutes with some of the link up play.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ecstatic... This what I have been crying out for years, getting rid of Rooney was the first step. We are not the finished article yet but returning to meritocracy is a big moment in the future of this club.
Absolutely agree mate. This is what I've been saying to my bird all through that half - "this is Man United!".

Just buzzing, imagine being at Old Trafford right now...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Rooney's been dropped before so I wouldn't get carried away.

vidic blood & sand

Thought we were naff for the first 25 minutes, and I was falling asleep. Then Ibra seemed to get some passing together, Pogba joined him.
And we're looking decent. Three goals from poorly defended corners though.

pacifictheme

While i am loving this, important to remember 3 of the goals are from corners!

That Mata goal though.

Treble

Rooney's been dropped before so I wouldn't get carried away.
IMO, this team will have other difficult moments vs top teams but it is still miles better than with Rooney and Fellaini. Rooney is finished, Fellaini isn't a very good midfielder.

RedElf

When was the last time we've scored four in the first half? Entertaining again, although Leicester's defence looks like there having a lay in today.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Its amazing what confidence does. The minute we scored the first goal, all the players got more energy.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I wouldn't even call Rooney a powerhouse. He lost so much strength and balance over the years that you can wonder what the hell is he good for (besides shouting at the ref). Fellaini, for all his faults, can still use his strength to some form of utility.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Who knew dropping Rooney and Fellaini would lead to this? Seriously though, I can't even recall last time we scored 4 goals in a single half. Maybe in Europa but not in PL for a long time.

Been rich entertainment as it should be when we are playing football. So much to love about that half:

Confidence is up and players are asking for ball.
Movement galore meaning lots of chances for good link up play
Defensively we are winning first ball and contesting the 2nd ball if we lose out

Let's hope it's more of the same from here on! :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
IMO, this team will have other difficult moments vs top teams but it is still miles better than with Rooney and Fellaini. Rooney is finished, Fellaini isn't a very good midfielder.
Agreed. I'm just not 100% convinced Mourinho will feel the same.

AR87

Fellaini does a job. He's not a player that's going to elevate your link up or attacking play in midfield, but he will stick to his duties.

Herrera and Pogba is just more dynamic than Pogba and Fellaini would ever be. I'm not sure that's solid enough against the best teams and I'd prefer we bring in Carrick or Fellaini in those matches for a midfield 3 and play without a 10, but that's for a later discussion.

This is how we should setup at home against a team we're quite frankly better than.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Agreed. I'm just not 100% convinced Mourinho will feel the same.
Important that we realise we are nowhere near the finished article. Side has alot of flaws and we will be on the wrong side of some losses v the big guns, but at least the philopsophy of the team looks like it is back to normal again.. it is based on performances not names. With more signings we can return to the top I am sure of it.

This is inception. @Raees
It is indeed.

Denis79

I wouldn't even call Rooney a powerhouse. He lost so much strength and balance over the years that you can wonder what the hell is he good for (besides shouting at the ref). Fellaini, for all his faults, can still use his strength to some form of utility.
True maybe the word I should have used is physical. Both Fellaini and Rooney are of course going to play again and still contribute in certain matches, but they shouldn't be considered "core" players. They should be squad players like most of the rest in the squad.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They're still recovering from the extra time battering we game them a few days ago. With that, Jose being manager and Mata scoring (and assisting), this is almost a Cheslsea win. You should get 2 points and give us 1 at the very least.
:lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Imagine if you were the manager, we'd be on top of the table by now eh?

All jokes aside, I'm more shellshocked than excited to be honest.