It's not coming Rome.

Siorac

Italy had 19 blocked shots apparently :lol: I can imagine how the game looked like.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Looks like Italy sold their soul to the devil to win 2006

1990 Lost on PKs
1994 Lost on PKs
1998 Lost on PKs
2002 Lost to Korea and referee
2006, Zidane red card and PK to win
2010 Group stage exit
2014 Group stage exit
2018 DNQ
2022 DNQ
Christ, as other posters have said, it's shocking how irrelevant Italy has been in the WC after 2006. Which makes the Euro title of 2020(21) equally shocking. I don't think they would have beaten current Spain in this 2022.

LDUred

England fans on one after 56 years of winning nothing :lol:
Italian fans gave it large after they won the European Championship. They were everywhere on the internet, and did they like to rub it in.

I have a mate who was living in Sicily at the time (and watched the match in an Italian bar) and it wasn't exactly, 'oh, commiserations, mate. Well played and unlucky.'

To be fair, that's football, so if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Italian fans gave it large after they won the European Championship. They were everywhere on the internet, and did they like to rub it in.

I have a mate who was living in Sicily at the time (and watched the match in an Italian bar) and he said it was in your face stuff.

To be fair, that's football, so if you can't take it, don't dish it out.
OMG they celebrated in Sicily after winning a European Championship? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pricks. I can absolutely see why there is a need here for English fans to forego their famed gentelmanly behaviour and give it large here. After all, it's not like England fans have been singing about football "coming home" (incorrectly) for the past half century :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

:lol:

Bring back the euros forum pleeeeaase.

AndySmith1990

England should genuinely be embarrassed bottling it at home against this average lot though.
I guess every European country should be embarrassed in that case, seeing as none of them could make it past the average Italians and bottling English

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Since Pizza Hut became a mainstream franchise, Italy has been going downhill and now theyre boasting the traditional handmade original pizza that doesnt taste that good anyway.

prateik

They didnt want to participate in Qatar anyway..

Moral victors.

Irwin99

Big shock. They were the best team at the Euros and deserved winners (although if Spain had a striker they probably would have won the tournament).

Tyrion

They are gonna watch it on their TV set from Rome.:D

Oh and current Serie A is shite in terms of quality. Everybody looks a world beater there.
A podcast I listen to did make the point that Chelsea bought Lukaku for 100 million and loaned out Tammy Abraham and Abraham is basically doing what Lukaku did in Italy, while Lukaku is doing what Abraham did in England.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There will be a minimum of 20 years between Italy's most recent and last knockout game at a World Cup. Italy!
They played in 2014 didn't they? So you're not expecting them to qualify until 2034?
Or was the 20 years from their last win? Was that a key missing word?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They have as much chance as England to be fair.
Perhaps, world cup ain't all about winning though, it's about the journey and the atmosphere and being a part of the worlds biggest tournament.

Realy shame Italy aint there... real shame.

Devil’s Trident

That Euros win really saved Verratti from having one of the most pointless careers a top midfielder has had
I feel exactly the same as you. Thought exactly the same when italy won it last year. I hate him based on the fact that I rated him so highly all these years and he wasted his whole career at that pointless club in that farmer’s league.

SER19

:lol: football fans. Guys, Italy won the European championships. They did it at Wembley, in dramatic fashion, and were deserved winners overall. Laughing at their failure to qualify for a different tournament, a year later, has no effect on that, or England's enormous lost opportunity to win a major trophy on home soil. Would Italy have taken a euros win and no wc in Qatar? I would guess 100% yes

CallyRed

OMG they celebrated in Sicily after winning a European Championship? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pricks. I can absolutely see why there is a need here for English fans to forego their famed gentelmanly behaviour and give it large here. After all, it's not like England fans have been singing about football "coming home" (incorrectly) for the past half century :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Bring back the euros forum pleeeeaase.
Football fans have banter shocker