It's November and we are yet to win a league game at Old Trafford

Ralph1386

4 games, 1 point and a GD of -8.
I was going to start a thread about this. 1 point out of 4 home games. Unacceptable.

I don’t understand the difference in results between CL and PL. Ole been found out tactically in the PL but not in Europe?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have been thinking about this for a while but couldn’t be arsed doing the research and especially can’t be arsed right now but is playing at home still an advantage without fans? What are the home vs away results like for all the rest of the teams?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have been thinking about this for a while but couldn’t be arsed doing the research and especially can’t be arsed right now but is playing at home still an advantage without fans? What are the home vs away results like for all the rest of the teams?
Liverpool won all four at Anfield. Indeed they've only drawn once since lockdown started so usual form at Anfield.

Spurs without a win so far at WHL is nearest to Man. United from top teams but they should win tonight and had a really strong home run post lockdown last season.

Man. City had the second half shocker v Leicester but aside from that think they've won all their other games.

Chelsea lost to Liverpool and drew v Southampton. Lost both games last season infront of a crowd.

Arsenal lost once to Leicester. Their home form better than infront of crowds which I don't think is a huge surprise.

BCD impacted more on the relegation threatened teams I think as they really need to build strong home records to have chance of staying up.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Remember the season where we only dropped 2 points at home (against WBA) the entire season? Good times.

Fooza

Is anyone surprised though? Lot's of questions marks on Ole, the board, the transfer window. Hence the inconsistencies in our results.

It'll probably continue which is a shame as this league will be opened, but we aren't taking advantage of it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I was going to start a thread about this. 1 point out of 4 home games. Unacceptable.

I don’t understand the difference in results between CL and PL. Ole been found out tactically in the PL but not in Europe?
PSG n Leipzig didn't play 5 at the back or with a deep defensive line.

PL teams have us sussed. You can't play a high line vs Rashford Martial Greenwood etc. We're very dangerous on the counter.

Sit back and encourage AWB n Shaw to have the ball and we are like sitting ducks.

norm87cro

Two factors to take in:
1) Season started lately
2) No fans

We have been shite but we can't ignore two facts above

wolvored

He played ultra attacking teams that left gaps at the back in Ch Lge so fast runners can exploit. When he plays against any other style teams he is struggling. He has a chance against teams who's players don't track back as well.

pass.pass.pass

Yes.

I said this in another thread and was told that I would stay a newbie forever. It's going to happen in the CL too. Watch out for the return games against PSG and Leipzig. It's so easy to stop us.

padzilla

Hipster
Arsenal came with George Graham tactics last night and made us look like mugs, we didn't fancy it and they did. They didn't even look like scoring until Pogba the clown decided to give them a helping hand. I think Ole would be well served to acknowledge things are not working and shake up the coaching side of the set up at least. It's getting grimmer with each passing league game.

PeteManic

We are living in Corona times. Nothing can be judged off this season and probably the next. Home and away mean nothing. Football means nothing. Get a grip.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's an awful record to have, but I wouldn't pull the alarm just yet. I think this year is going to have a lot of upsets, so the point tallies will be relatively low. Naturally that means we have to find some consistency soon, but we will find a way.

passing-wind

The only worrying element is it doesn't look like turning around any time soon. We have no momentum in games where you can see that eventually the performances will influence results but it looks like we will continue underachieving for the next few weeks. Could be grim come Christmas.

ash_86

Without fans there is no concept of Home and Away. Saying that , fans would make a difference though. For example , the takcle on Greenwood by Gabrial when he was on a yellow would be a sending off if fans were there at the ground. They would make it so.

crossy1686

career ending
It's kind of irrelevant when the league started 2 months ago...

If it started in June this year what then? "It's July and we haven't won a game at home!!!".

Sensationalist.

passing-wind

We are living in Corona times. Nothing can be judged off this season and probably the next. Home and away mean nothing. Football means nothing. Get a grip.
While I agree that in the grand-sheme of things that football is just a sport with no real prevalence during the present times do you really think the Galzers haven't set minimal seasonal objectives for the manager to comply with ? When you consider the briefs that come out during summer Ole is 100% under the same level of pressure and scrutiny irrespective of the pandemic.

We can easily devalue football as fans but to the owners this is their primary investment. The pandemic has probably made things worse as the lack of funding from reaching top four and all the financial incentives will surely have them being less optimistic and more reactive with implementing changes.

vidic blood & sand

To be honest I've lost so much interest in watching United at the moment. I cancelled MUTV and sky last month, and even forgot we had a game yesterday.
Looked at the sport headlines last night, saw the result. Laughed. That's 2 hours gained for me for the weekend.
I feel like a plastic fan, and if I am, well I really don't care anymore. Back in the 80s I went to all the away games, and worshipped this team, but if they can't be bothered to perform, I can't be bothered to take interest.
Feel sorry for Ole because he's just going to end up as manager number 4 in a long line of failed managers working for awful owners.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really weird replies to this thread, honestly. Extremely defensive for something that’s pretty inexcusable.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Old Trafford hasn't been a fortress in years, but I don't understand why they have been this poor at home this season and I don't think Ole does either.

RedNed77

WUM thread, but looking at it seriously, we have WBA, City, Leeds & Wolves as our remaining games at home in the league before the end of the year, not saying we'll lose to City Leeds & Wolves, but you wouldnt be shocked with three draws there. The only one of those which is a probably a banker for 3 point is the West Brom one. Most of our fixtures, home and away, look difficult at the moment with the form we are in in the league, we need to string together a couple of really good performances and go on a run or top 4 could be done by January. Need to smash Everton in our next game which is easier said than done with the form they are in at the moment.

Siorac

WUM thread, but looking at it seriously, we have WBA, City, Leeds & Wolves as our remaining games at home in the league before the end of the year, not saying we'll lose to City Leeds & Wolves, but you wouldnt be shocked with three draws there. The only one of those which is a probably a banker for 3 point is the West Brom one. Most of our fixtures, home and away, look difficult at the moment with the form we are in in the league, we need to string together a couple of really good performances and go on a run or top 4 could be done by January. Need to smash Everton in our next game which is easier said than done with the form they are in at the moment.
There is no banker for us. We could beat City and lose to West Brom and I wouldn't even be surprised (especially as it literally happened in 2018, under Mourinho).

miked99

Adding "it's November" to add extra hyperbole when you know full well the season only started six weeks ago.

It's been four games FFS. It's been disappointing for sure but this is no ordinary season and with the exception of Palace on the opening day, the other three games have been against strong teams. Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. We played with 10 men for almost the whole match against the former and the other two were close contests that could've gone either way.

In the meantime, we've outplayed last season's CL finalists in their own backyard and absolutely smashed a team that have been better than Bayern Munich so far this season. We also scored four away at Newcastle so it's not all been terrible.

We aren't the only team that have suffered unexpected results. Liverpool conceeded seven goals against a team that could barely score a goal last season. City shipped five at home to Leicester, who then got destroyed by West Ham on their own patch in their very next match. I doubt Aston Villa, Everton or Southampton will be fighting it out for the league title or that Man City will finish mid-table either. Things will settle down.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Relegation home form.
We’re too good a set of players to be relegated, even without fancy tactics or a system - there are three or four teams clearly worse than us (Fulham, West Brom, Sheffield United and Burnley) - so I’m not too worried. That lucky win against Brighton was so important in hindsight.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This isn't a new issue this season, it's simply become more apparent this season because we've started from fresh but it's been a problem since we came back from lockdown. That home form is abysmal. I haven't checked the other teams, but it wouldn't surprise me if we were in the bottom 5 of league teams. 25% win rate is grim. This is countered by our excellent away form which is probably one of the best in the league. It's all very strange.
Leg​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
Win %​
CS​
GA​
GA​
GD​
Home​
8​