It's official, better season than team A, B and C...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Spurs are a better team than us, but we had a better season. They bottled it in the big games in the Cups (four competitions from their perspective) and when they seemed like they could compete for the title, immediately got a nosebleed.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
None of those teams got to celebrate like tonight, much as they'd like to mock the scenes. Mourinho made his priority known all along, it's the best way to qualify for the Champions League.

But everyone who finished above us can go into next season with the same optimism, perhaps with the exception of Arsenal.

Dumbat12

The debate rages on, with success in the League Cup and now the Europa League with the bonus of qualifying for the champions league group stages.. have we had a better season than Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham?
How is this a question? What have they won that we haven't?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Of course we have

I'd take finishing 6th but getting 3 pieces of silverware over finishing 2,3,4,5 and getting nothing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chelsea's the only team who can say they had a better season then us. And even that's debateable if they don't win the FA cup (though they probs will)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Chelsea's the only team who can say they had a better season then us. And even that's debateable if they don't win the FA cup (though they probs will)
They won the PL, that absolutely dwarves everything we've done this season. They could get annihilated 10-0 in the FA Cup and I'd still swap seasons with them in a heartbeat.

RedMaestro

Not difficult to answer. CL, like them, but the difference is winning some titles, so yes, clearly a better season.

Hercules

All those saying Spurs had a better season, just a question :

Would you rather win 2 trophies and end up in CL or try to win the league when it was already won in January and win nothing and end up just being in the CL?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Yeah better season than everyone except Chelsea. Our football wasn't better but we achieved objectives and it puts us in good position to strengthen in summer.

Dumbat12

They won the PL, that absolutely dwarves everything we've done this season. They could get annihilated 10-0 in the FA Cup and I'd still swap seasons with them in a heartbeat.
We've won a trophy we've never won, thus completing our silverware collection. Chelsea are still miles away from reaching our league titles and we can win the league next season with the right additions, as Jose, who now has a club that will completely back him, has time and time again proven to be able to add.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
We had better season than other teams except Chelsea. Also finishing 4th means playing in CL qualifiers, now we have qualified for group stages and also will be playing European super cup.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Chelsea had a much better season than us, they've effectively won the Double.

vodrake

I don't know how it can be even argued that qualifying for Champions League but winning absolutely nothing can be a better season than qualifying for Champions League and also winning two trophies, including one never won by that team before.

slir32

Yes only Chelsea had a better season than us. It isn't just a domestic league that teams like United play all competitions count.

SirAF

Ageist
The debate rages on, with success in the League Cup and now the Europa League with the bonus of qualifying for the champions league group stages.. have we had a better season than Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham?
Yes, of course. Jesus!

World Game

Worse than Chelsea, better than the others. However if EL didn't give champions league qualification as a prize then I would rank Spurs, City, Pool above us. (Even Arsenal if they win FA cup)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
In the case of Liverpool and City, we're already in the group stage and they're not.
Do City not go straight into the group stages by finishing 3rd?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Do City not go straight into the group stages by finishing 3rd?
You might be right, I thought it was only 1st and 2nd qualifying automatically these days.

Moonred

We have had a better season than all 3 including Spurs. Now if you are a spurs fan, you would be more content than us though, as you are used to winning nothing anyway.

Some of them might be a better team than us at the moment but not close in terms of actual successes this year.

GM K

Let us say that at the start of the season a genie who always makes his promises happen, appeared to you and said pick one for Manchester United and whichever one you pick will be a reality:

1. 2nd place in the league with no trophy.

2. 3rd place in the league with no trophy

3. 4th place in the league with no trophy

4. 5th place in the league with no trophy (or maybe one FA Cup trophy)

5. And 6th place in the league with a Community Shield, the EFL trophy and the Europa League trophy.

Which option would you have chosen?

I thought so too.

GM K

No way. League title trumps our season all day for me
Chelsea had no Euro games and no major injuries. Winning the league was not exactly a biggie. However, if they add the FA Cup, then I will be really impressed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People, and only really in England, do overrate the league. The feeling of winning European competitons far eclipses any feeling of winning the league. If you're the top team in your country league titles are all but guaranteed at some point due to the nature of the competition. There's a lot more variation in cups, which makes controlling your outcome harder, and combine that with the sense of adventure, it can't be beat.

There's also five league titles to go around in the top five leagues alone, but only two European cups.

I'm big on data and stats, and analysing performances based on them, but I'm not eulogising to my kids in twenty years about the time we had the best expected goals in the league or finished with a record goal difference but won feck all.

King.of.Red

overall, with 2 trophies, yes, we have better season than 4 teams above us. but in Premier League, it's still disappointing for me. I still regret those draws. hopefully next season we wont waste many chances again, can win many matches and get PL trophy!

Mana

Supports
Chelsea
We have had a better season than Chelsea if they fail to win the FA cup. I can argue that.

Jose has already done more than Liverpool have achieved in the last 10 years.
Even if we don't win the FA Cup, no...you haven't done better than us...

None of your trophies match the Premier League title. I bet you would trade your LC and EL anyday for the PL.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Nobody is going to remember spurs winning nothing. Can anyone remember who came second when we were winning titles with Ferguson.

Boycott

Chelsea had no Euro games and no major injuries. Winning the league was not exactly a biggie. However, if they add the FA Cup, then I will be really impressed.
Nah. The league is the bread and butter.

38 games playing each team home and away. That's the true reflection of where a team is at. With cups you have to factor in the luck of the draw and the fact a cup game is a one-off ultimately. Some teams will raise their level, others see it as a distraction.

At the moment Utd are a great cup team and with the right recruitment should be ready for a title push next season.