Ivan Perisic

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Blimey, Jose was right about that one.

Still remember the outrage over Pep signing Bernardo and Jose chasing Perisic.

Bernardo last season in EPL: 5 goals 6 assists

Perisic last season in Serie A: 11 goals 11 assists

Bernardo for Portugal: 2 goals 6 assists in 27 games

Perisic for Croatia: 18 goals 16 assists in 68 games

Maybe Jose is also right about Arnautovic? Looked quality against Germany a few weeks ago. Don‘t think he is good enough for any title winning side though
Terrible comparison as one starts pretty all his team's games and the other isn't a starter for their club

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
There’s a hell of a lot of sailing ships in this thread.

Dr. StrangeHate

No doubt he would be great for a Mourinho team. But I would rather we not become a Mourinho defensive team. Few titles won't make up for soul crushing football.

Trizy

First time actually watching him during the world cup. Pretty good player and exactly a 'Jose type'.

Would he have gotten more than Martial last season, though? (10 goals 10 assists?) Doubt if he did, it would be by much. Then again he's width could've helped pick up many dropped points against defensive teams. Ifs and buts though.

Siorac

Would have been a great signing for us. Direct, works very hard and can put a ball in the box, but of course, the caf knew better than Mourinho. The state of THAT thread...
You make it sound like it's the Caf's fault we didn't sign him.

Robbie Boy

I think he's a good player but he wasn't overly great last night and I've seen him have far better games than that.

Himannv

Nah, posters just constantly give opinions on players they don't watch play, based on stats, age, videogames, etc. Every now and again they will actually see them play and you get threads like this.
Sorry to go off topic, but are you a First Law series fan?

Regarding Perisic, I don't think he was worth the amount quoted. Good player to have around but not a £50 million plus player.

maniwin

Woodward should just added few million pounds last season to get him. Exactly what we need and could play both flank. Lukaku would be creamed over his cross

Norris

You can easily understand why Mourinho wanted him last season. Super Direct, a bit of trickery in him, excellent crosser and can easily play either flanks. Lukaku would have loved the service he got from him. But I guess, the ship has sailed. I don't think we'd be in for him especially considering Perisic signed a new contract and will definitely cost a lot more now then last season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Watched a tonne of him at Inter. I'm still glad we didn't sign him. Rebic, Kramaric and Brozovic would be lovely signings, though.

Zoo

I got a ton of abuse for defending a choice of going for him.
It was mad, basically the same people kept saying repeatedly how rubbish he was and it grew from there all summer.

He would have been a good signing but obviously Inter were asking for too much so it wasn’t to be.

Greck

Off of yesterday's performance alone I'm not sure what has people ruing this as a missed opportunity. He's just a good player. Nothing special or gamechanging. We ended up with what should have been a better player (Sanchez). That would have been the real missed opportunity

arthurka

Nah, posters just constantly give opinions on players they don't watch play, based on stats, age, videogames, etc. Every now and again they will actually see them play and you get threads like this.
This. There were a lot of us who wanted him here.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Wish we got him last summer now to be honest.

Since we were heavily linked with him, I've kept a close eye on his performances, and the majority of games he has looked really impressive.

A quality player.

Rista

You make it sound like it's the Caf's fault we didn't sign him.
No, just that it was funny seeing everyone losing their shit at the prospect of us signing a player that would actually improve us in areas we lack. That thread on the whole is probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here.

MJJ

Oh C'mon Perisic is the definition of average, one world cup game doesnt change that.

People in this thread :houllier:

Edit-

Inconsistent and average martial- 11 goals and 7 assists in 23 starts
Perisic- 11 goals and 9 assists in 37 starts

Playing almost double the amount of minutes martial has.

Stacks

Blimey, Jose was right about that one.

Still remember the outrage over Pep signing Bernardo and Jose chasing Perisic.

Bernardo last season in EPL: 5 goals 6 assists

Perisic last season in Serie A: 11 goals 11 assists

Bernardo for Portugal: 2 goals 6 assists in 27 games

Perisic for Croatia: 18 goals 16 assists in 68 games

Maybe Jose is also right about Arnautovic? Looked quality against Germany a few weeks ago. Don‘t think he is good enough for any title winning side though
I don't know if you are serious but Perisic played double the minutes of Bernardo last year and Bernardo started 15 league games to Perisic's 37. Bernardo is also 23 years old

Stacks

Oh C'mon Perisic is the definition of average, one world cup game doesnt change that.

People in this thread :houllier:

Edit-

Inconsistent and average martial- 11 goals and 7 assists in 23 starts
Perisic- 11 goals and 9 assists in 37 starts

Playing almost double the amount of minutes martial has.
don't bother mate. people don't know how to interpret minutes played

Siorac

No, just that it was funny seeing everyone losing their shit at the prospect of us signing a player that would actually improve us in areas we lack. That thread on the whole is probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here.
Honestly, the overreaction in here to one decent performance is far more ridiculous than anything last summer.

Zoo

Yeah I cant believe we have people here going I told you so over fecking perisic, if anything salah was the winger we should have been chasing.
Salah isn’t a winger

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rebic?!?!?!?!
He's a nutcase but I like him! Not that he'd be my first choice signing, but I wouldn't be against him joining. When we sent Varela on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt a couple of seasons ago I caught a few of their games to watch him and Rebic always stood out for me. Sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for bad. :D I love his work ethic and think there is a talented player in there.
I still think he'd be great for us.
It's not that I think he would be bad here - whenever I watch Inter he is fine and is actually a consistent performer. I don't think I've seen him play that bad anytime I've caught Inter actually. It's just I think we are fine on the left with Martial, Rashford and Alexis all able to play there and would prefer us to prioritise the right side of attack.

I believe we might have used him as a LWB had we got him last year, and whilst I think he'd have done well in said position, I had hopes of Martial making the left side of the attack his own so that's why I didn't want him then. I think Martial and Lukaku have shown to have a good understanding when playing together in our 3-5-2 formation last year, so if José wants us to use that as our main formation I think signing Perisic for the LWB role would be a decent signing. The thing is I think we're done with that formation now.

Stacks

Yeah I cant believe we have people here going I told you so over fecking perisic, if anything salah was the winger we should have been chasing.
Its like "oh gee, he made a cross! Look he ran." "I am soooo sad we didn't get him"

We'll have to reopen the Manchester docks to see off all these sailing ships :(

haram

What a surprise. People have actually seen him play now and suddenly he’s not a shit turd. Actually, the fact that it’s two games into this tournament and that has changed peoples mind is probably even worse.

The stuff said about him last summer was unbelievable. The narrative was pushed by people who had not even seen him play.

ti vu

First time actually watching him during the world cup. Pretty good player and exactly a 'Jose type'.

Would he have gotten more than Martial last season, though? (10 goals 10 assists?) Doubt if he did, it would be by much. Then again he's width could've helped pick up many dropped points against defensive teams. Ifs and buts though.
I don't doubt if he could have. And as we see, the guy is more tolerant when being shifted to right wing to put in the shift so it's not like Martial wouldn't get any game time. Even as left winger he is better as keeping wide so Martial could have played central with Lukaku.

Watch him more.
He's not donkey, but like Croatian Welbeck. Can be good on the eye but little to zero end product most of the time as far as I know.

Watched a tonne of him at Inter. I'm still glad we didn't sign him. Rebic, Kramaric and Brozovic would be lovely signings, though.
I don't believe you one bit as you mentioned Rebic.

Ban

I don't doubt if he could have. And as we see, the guy is more tolerant when being shifted to right wing to put in the shift so it's not like Martial wouldn't get any game time. Even as left winger he is better as keeping wide so Martial could have played central with Lukaku.

He's not donkey, but like Croatian Welbeck. Can be good on the eye but little to zero end product most of the time as far as I know.

Croatian Welbeck? Eeerm no.

ti vu

Croatian Welbeck? Eeerm no.
I don't mean similar style (slipping style), just lack of end product. I don't recall him even scored for Croatia before yesterday vs Argentina and that's a huge mistake from opposition GK. He had quite a fair share of feck ups chance/assist/ key passes just the past 2 games

Yagami

Good post resistant
Believe me about what? Watching Inter? Read the Serie A 17/18 thread - I spoke a bit about them during the course of the season. I watched them pretty often alongside Lazio in regards to Italian football.