Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would be a very good signing actually. The striker market is quite dull and there aren't lot of options available. Would rather try this guy than the likes of Darwin for 100m.

Very hardworking, physically imposing, great in air and can hold the ball well. Has a decent finishing too.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Thomas Frank has really got under some of you guy's skin hasn't he ;)

Anyway all Brentford players have a price and if you were genuinely interested and offered £50m say we wouldn't stand in his way - part of the sell to getting in players like him in the first place is that if we get what we see as value for them we won't stand in their way.

Based Adnan

Good player but not good enough for a side with serious aspirations.

The fact he was twerking for Liverpool and saying he'd join them and happily be a bench player earlier on this season doesn't exactly help either.

Chief123

This is where the Muppet King takes over the thread! :lol:

First of all, before we show any interest, before we put any bid in, before we agree terms with the club........can we ask this mother plucker if he actually wants to join us or is his dream club Brentford? Lets check if he's actually owed any money too while we're at it ffs!

El Jefe

He is good, a bit like Zaha
Its funny you say that because he actually reminds me of Saha, though not as quick.

I think Toney's lack of pace or acceleration should I say is what holds him back from being able to play at a top 6 club.

::sonny::

Its funny you say that because he actually reminds me of Saha, though not as quick.

I think Toney's lack of pace or acceleration should I say is what holds him back from being able to play at a top 6 club.
Yeah, Saha as well

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

First of all, before we show any interest, before we put any bid in, before we agree terms with the club........can we ask this mother plucker if he actually wants to join us or is his dream club Brentford? Lets check if he's actually owed any money too while we're at it ffs!
Well he is a Liverpool fan unfortunately :nervous:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

Yeah nothing like Zaha for me, Saha I can't really remember him bullying defenders like Ivan does. Ivan is a class finisher though and easily the best penalty taker in the league maybe anywhere right now to be honest.

Wilt

Would take him in a heartbeat. Ronaldo aside, I‘d rate him better than any of current Utd strikers.

He seemed to work well with Eriksen.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Anyway all Brentford players have a price and if you were genuinely interested and offered £50m say we wouldn't stand in his way - part of the sell to getting in players like him in the first place is that if we get what we see as value for them we won't stand in their way.
Quote the posts since the Toney news that you think has got under peoples' skin, because it's been nothing but sensible discussion from what I've seen.

Red Royal

Maybe Brentford are looking for fecking levers as we speak

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah nothing like Zaha for me, Saha I can't really remember him bullying defenders like Ivan does. Ivan is a class finisher though and easily the best penalty taker in the league maybe anywhere right now to be honest.
These feels just a touch hyperbolic maybe?

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Quote the posts since the Toney news that you think has got under peoples' skin, because it's been nothing but sensible discussion from what I've seen.
Would cost a fortune and he isn't good enough to justify that. Frank has a weird hatred for us so there'd be a huge tax on him, especially after we poached Eriksen on a free.
He doesn't, he's just a weirdo
There were plenty in the Eriksen thread and after that it was these two that made me think bloody hell calm down lads not in here too.....but too your point yes it's mainly sensible discussion on Toney.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good player but not good enough for a side with serious aspirations.

The fact he was twerking for Liverpool and saying he'd join them and happily be a bench player earlier on this season doesn't exactly help either.
Certainly not good enough as a starter for a side with title aspirations I would think.

But for a side whose immediate aim is to make the CL places? I think he'd probably be fine. And then when you later bring in a top striker who can actually help you to a title Toney would be a fine back up CF as well. Not like we aren't going to need to sign more than one CF over the next few seasons.

The issue is how much he'd likely cost. Players from PL sides don't tend to come cheap and you'd wonder if there are equivalent options who would cost less in other leagues.

marktan

I'd much rather him over Antony, even if we do need a RW. He'd slot in well for us, works hard and would finish the chances Sancho and Eriksen create.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Whilst it will never happen, Toney would be a really great fit for this United team.

He may not be as technically gifted as some strikers we have currently, he will work hard, run the channels and create space for other players, whilst also chipping in with 10/15 goals a season.

Chief123

There were plenty in the Eriksen thread and after that it was these two that made me think bloody hell calm down lads not in here too.....but too your point yes it's mainly sensible discussion on Toney.
I don't think he's got under anyone's skin. Tbh, I'm not sure why it would bother anyone here what the brentford manager says or does. What is clear though is that he comes across as a bit of a nob.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How many has he missed? Toney has only missed once and that was back in 2018...
A cursory google search shows Toney to have the better percentage. He’s scored 21 out of 22, but Kane has taken a lot more pens, and I mean a lot more - 61 pens, scored 53 of them.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I don't think he's got under anyone's skin. Tbh, I'm not sure why it would bother anyone here what the brentford manager says or does. What is clear though is that he comes across as a bit of a nob.
But your last sentence belies the first two surely - anyway it's all about opinions let's leave it there.

Chief123

But your last sentence belies the first two surely - anyway it's all about opinions let's leave it there.
It doesn't though. Someone can come across as a bit of a nob without getting under your skin. I've only ever heard him in interviews a couple of times and thought he just seems like an idiot. Didn't get under my skin, means nothing to me. I moved on.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
It doesn't though. Someone can come across as a bit of a nob without getting under your skin. I've only ever heard him in interviews a couple of times and thought he just seems like an idiot. Didn't get under my skin, means nothing to me. I moved on.
A nob and an idiot ok :lol:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
A cursory google search shows Toney to have the better percentage. He’s scored 21 out of 22, but Kane has taken a lot more pens, and I mean a lot more - 61 pens, scored 53 of them.
Toney on 23 out of 24 - but yeah Kane has taken a shedload more obviously although I would honestly want Toney taking a penalty to win an important game over Kane, his technique is something else.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Bruno scored 32 penalties in a row (some for utd and the rest for his previous club(s)).
Yeah a brilliant record he had no doubt about it but then Ronaldo turned up and he lost it for some reason. I would take Toney over Bruno on current form.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Bruno scored more than 17 in a row when he joined Utd.
He seems to have gone to shit with pens. Ever since he took the one against Villa ahead of Ronnie and lost us a point (if I recall) he's been shaky as feck, including in clear cut opportunities (clearly visible during the xG spell of Rangnick when the players squandered numerous chances every match).

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Come on mate, I called him a weirdo. Purely based on his reaction to his comments after our game

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I watched the video and you said he isn’t capable of playing for the top teams like Liverpool and City - but could see him playing at Chelsea or Athletico.

What does that mean? Is Chelsea not a top team and could he play for us?