Ivan Toney

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Oddly couldn’t find a transfer thread for him, if there is one, please direct me to it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe there was no thread because the source is TRANSFERSDOTCOM

saik

Complete non starter. We don't have the money + Brentford will demand astronomical transfer fee similar to what we paid for Hojlund; maybe even more.

Devil You Know

He says he wants to play at the highest level. He then goes on to say he's a Liverpool fan, who is Liverpool "at heart".

But then he adds that he likes the way Arsenal play, and says that he was a Berbatov fan when Berba was at United (01:21:41).

I think if he's going anywhere, Anfield is his preference.

At 27, given that he's still talking about his love for Liverpool as recently as this week, I'd be surprised if we could persuade him to come here. This isn't like Gerrard or Carrager who were Everton fans as kids, or Ole who was a Liverpool fan at a similar age.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't see a man of ETH's principles ever embracing such a dodgy character.

Teja

He says he wants to play at the highest level. He then goes on to say he's a Liverpool fan, who is Liverpool "at heart".

But then he adds that he likes the way Arsenal play, and says that he was a Berbatov fan when Berba was at United (01:21:41).

I think if he's going anywhere, Anfield is his preference.

At 27, given that he's still talking about his love for Liverpool as recently as this week, I'd be surprised if we could persuade him to come here. This isn't like Gerrard or Carrager who were Everton fans as kids, or Ole who was a Liverpool fan at a similar age.
What a random character :lol:

nav_10

At the moment, he doesn't strike me as the sort of player who can perform when the chips are down :nervous:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We wouldn’t think twice about the betting stuff. Let’s be clear, if he comes back and hits 15 goals, it’ll be completely forgotten about. It’s hardly a terminal sin

El Zoido

He’s good but they will want £80-90m, and he’s not worth that much.

King Eric 7

He literally backed himself to score. You've got to admire the confidence, I guess.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good player. Not at all worth what Brentford would ask for. Awful source.

Remember the geese

Sami Mokbel is also reporting that we are interested. He is a much better source. I believe he was the first, or one of the first to report on Sancho and Mount to United.

croadyman

Sami Mokbel is also reporting that we are interested. He is a much better source. I believe he was the first, or one of the first to report on Sancho and Mount to United.
Yeah I don't buy into that Utd fan on Talkshite who says he should go somewhere he can be the main man. Teams can use two strikers but not necessarily in that 4-4-2 formation

El Jefe

Wanted him as a first choice target along with a younger striker (like a Højlund).

Reminds me so much of Dwight Yorke and he's one of my favourite United players.

Toney's ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is actually world class. Brentford don't get many players up near him to begin with but he does such an excellent job of not only bringing the ball down but playing excellent passes in behind too.

croadyman

Wanted him as a first choice target along with a younger striker (like a Højlund).

Reminds me so much of Dwight Yorke and he's one of my favourite United players.

Toney's ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is actually world class. Brentford don't get many players up near him to begin with but he does such an excellent job of not only bringing the ball down but playing excellent passes in behind too.
Yeah reckon he is born to play for Utd,however unless we get new ownership then can't see us having the funds in January. Only other way we could do it is somehow manage to sell all of Maguire,McTomimay and Henderson for money

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
45m would be decent fees for both parties. I would take him .

croadyman

45m would be decent fees for both parties. I would take him .
Does Erik's embargoed press conference quotes suggest he has no interest in signing a forward and therefore kiboshes any hopes of us being in for this guy when his ban ends

Abraxas

He's a good player but I think he owes Brentford a bit of loyalty. I'm not sure I'd be altogether impressed with him if we made a move and he scrambled to get himself out of there in Jan. That kind of stupidity cost Brentford as much as it cost himself. He should at least be coming back, playing the season for Brentford and contributing.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Next season he'd be an excellent option for the rotation. Less reliance on a 20yr old and it'll help with the high number of games for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.