Jack Grealish | Man City

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They have a budget and goals. Same as us. Their budget is close to ours but their goals are way off from ours and that's just because they are better run.

We paid the guts of what they paid for Grealish on Sancho and he has only made 5 more appearances in a team that looks like it will finish 5th.

As for the moving on after not performing, again nobody comes near us for buying players and selling them on cheaply after not getting a tune out of them.

This reminds me of the scousers in the 90s saying we bought the league while they spend millions and bought 4th.
Precisely this. We buy young players while they buy players who can help them immediately. We got Sancho who is only 20 and they got Grealish who is 26.

We will do the same mistake again this summer. We will sign Anthony while we can actually sign Raphinha.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This isn’t about them being stacked. It’s more to do with them (and Newcastle?) being the only teams who can, and will, pay £100mil for what is essentially a squad player. In that respect, it’s a huge advantage over the rest of the league.

Chelsea and United, will splurge that for a key player. If they hit, great, if they miss, it’s egg on our face. For city, if Grealish ends up being moved on for not performing then no one will bat an eyelid.
Chelsea broke the world record for Kepa who barely plays. Sancho for 75M was a bit part player till recently

lsd

The Oracle
Was not impressed with him yesterday though perhaps he got on the ball more than he has done for City previously.

I did get the impression Tyler and Neville were trying to create an angle to make him man of the match as they appeared to be heaping praise on him for no real reason.

Ah one point he ambled around doing nothing but Tyler described it as playing with swagger.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Was not impressed with him yesterday though perhaps he got on the ball more than he has done for City previously.

I did get the impression Tyler and Neville were trying to create an angle to make him man of the match as they appeared to be heaping praise on him for no real reason.

Ah one point he ambled around doing nothing but Tyler described it as playing with swagger.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of him as a player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea broke the world record for Kepa who barely plays. Sancho for 75M was a bit part player till recently
Only because we can't shift him. He'd be gone already if another team was willing to pay even half of that fee. We also lucked out with finding Mendy on the cheap-ish.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
What happened to this guy? Can we label him now as an overpriced flop?

James Peril

One of City’s best players tonight and created enough for others to score. Won’t stop the pettiest of people from bumping threads of course, but that’s how it is when the reds are 5th and have nothing to play for this season.

GledTheRed

One of City’s best players tonight and created enough for others to score. Won’t stop the pettiest of people from bumping threads of course, but that’s how it is when the reds are 5th and have nothing to play for this season.
We've fecked the league off for the CL mate.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's had more squabbles on the pitch than assists this season. Dude needs to chill and play his normal game instead of being so wound up, he's really struggling with the hype/price tag since early December.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The fact that last night was his best performance in a City shirt is weird since he didn't get on the pitch. I think calling Savic a cnut has gotten many of our fans who were wavering back on his side. Funny game sometimes. If KDB is out for awhile we're gonna need him to step up his productivity if we wanna stop the Liverpool quad push.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Leroy Sane and a lot of of the players that play(ed) for Pep Guardiola in their first season, struggled to adapt. Ruben Diaz is one of the few players that joined and made an immediate impact. I'm sure Jack Grealish will do better next season. The 100m is meaningless to a certain extent. If they had payed %million it wouldn't have made a difference. The price paid for a player doesn't mean they will adapt to a new way of playing football immediately.

BerryBerryShrew

Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Leroy Sane and a lot of of the players that play(ed) for Pep Guardiola in their first season, struggled to adapt. Ruben Diaz is one of the few players that joined and made an immediate impact. I'm sure Jack Grealish will do better next season. The 100m is meaningless to a certain extent. If they had payed %million it wouldn't have made a difference. The price paid for a player doesn't mean they will adapt to a new way of playing football immediately.
He'll either adapt and be brilliant or he won't and they make a small loss on selling him. He's an excellent player and will still command a big fee if he leaves.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nah he’s just not good enough for City.

Never seen you post anything pro United either. Suspicious to say the least.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Nah he’s just not good enough for City.

Never seen you post anything pro United either. Suspicious to say the least.
People said the same thing about Mahrez and even Bernardo Silva at some point. Even Leroy Sane struggled at first.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's not meaningless when they lose next tie because they haven't scored enough goals, which they could have if they bought decent striker instead of Grealish, and Pep talked how they don't always have the money to spend.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
It's not meaningless when they lose next tie because they haven't scored enough goals, which they could have if they bought decent striker instead of Grealish, and Pep talked how they don't always have the money to spend.
They should have gone all out for Kane but they’ve done a lot better than I expected without a striker. Instead they get Grealish for twice his actual value - who, as I said previously has not upgraded their team by said value.

He might come good but he seems like a Zaha, better as a big fish in a small pond.

Kaos

Yeah I'm still baffled as to why they decided to spunk £100mill on him instead of going for Kane. I reckon they might have had the league wrapped up by now if they had Kane.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yeah I'm still baffled as to why they decided to spunk £100mill on him instead of going for Kane. I reckon they might have had the league wrapped up by now if they had Kane.
Spurs didnt want to sell

Kaos

Spurs didnt want to sell
They didn't but I'm sure they would have entertained a £120million offer, especially since Kane himself was pushing for the move. They were better off going down that angle than spending £100mill on a player like Grealish who doesn't really improve them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why Grealish doesn't work for City imo (may improve) is because Pep's team most of the time is quite still with its movement. What they tend to do is reposition themselves than actually make runs most of the time.

This makes the opposition also quite still in their position directly watching Grealish trying to take them on.

poleglass red

funny thing is he would have been a much a better option in that 2nd half than Sterling or Foden. City actually ended up playing a lot of long balls to the forward line and they were coming straight back as neither of those 2 were able to hold possession.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel like they could've got someone else in to do the same job for about £30m

padr81

Supports
Man City
They didn't but I'm sure they would have entertained a £120million offer, especially since Kane himself was pushing for the move. They were better off going down that angle than spending £100mill on a player like Grealish who doesn't really improve them.
Grealish was the priority over Kane because they thought Bernardo was leaving. If Bernardo and Laporte had left we'd have gotten Kane too but they didn't (thankfully as they've been 2 of our best players this season)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Shame. I loved watched him at Villa. I feel like we're being robbed of a pretty sensational player to watch here. Even if Pep gets him fitted into the City system next season and gets him playing well, it won't ever be the Grealish we knew. It'll be a different, more robotic, pass and move Bernado Silva lite version that is super effective, but the thing I loved about him will have been coached out of him.