Jack Grealish | Man City

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
KDB hasn't been very good this season at least not close to what we have seen him do, he missed several games and I recall Pep had to call him out recently
KDB out of form is better player than Grealish is. At no point in their careers was Grealish better player than him.

Grealish has been our best performer this season yeah. Maybe alongside Ake.

Haaland is obviously a freak as well, but despite the ridiculous amount of goals he can have quiet games, which is normal. Grealish even on hard days always progress us higher up the pitch. I think there is stats that he has the most progressive ball-carries in europe. And he never loses the ball.

And KdB is out of the conversation because from the World Cup until about the Burnley game he was in the worst form of his life. Been back at his best lately
That's rubbish, Haaland has had quiet games but has been involved in 36 goals in premierleague, while Grealish has been involved in 11 goals. It's even the bigger difference in CL. If you weren't highest scoring team in the league Grealish wouldn't even reach 10 goals+assist in total which would be quite embarassing for a forward playing for City.

There is absolutely no team or fan in the league who would take Grealish ahead of this years' Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne(even by current form), probably Rodri too.

I would easily take Bernardo and Mahrez ahead of him too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Love me an English player paying the ‘British overprice tax’ very well.

Some fans just don’t want to rate these players no matter what they do.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bernado Silva :lol:
Such an overrated player every time I hear his name as some amazing City player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Grealish has been up there, performance wise.

Haaland has to be the top City player because of his output, simple as.

KDB has been incredibly streaky. He had a torrid run of form that saw him benched for a while (read Pep's comments). Bernando's head is in Barcelona. Mahrez comes alive when the CL anthem plays but is otherwise a solid rotation option.

City's most consistent and great attacker this season, taking all phases of play into consideration (not just the final assist/goal), and excluding Haaland, is Grealish.

Ake is City's best defender this season. If not for Zinchenko's great season I'd have Ake as the top performing LB in the league.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bernado Silva :lol:
Such an overrated player every time I hear his name as some amazing City player.
His peaks for City have been phenomenal.

He also gets away with phoning it in from time to time. As things stand he's not in City's best 11, which is atrocious. Would have been in Barcelona already if they weren't cheap.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
KDB out of form is better player than Grealish is. At no point in their careers was Grealish better player than him.

That's rubbish, Haaland has had quiet games but has been involved in 36 goals in premierleague, while Grealish has been involved in 11 goals. It's even the bigger difference in CL. If you weren't highest scoring team in the league Grealish wouldn't even reach 10 goals+assist in total which would be quite embarassing for a forward playing for City.

There is absolutely no team or fan in the league who would take Grealish ahead of this years' Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne(even by current form), probably Rodri too.

I would easily take Bernardo and Mahrez ahead of him too.
Kdb out of form is not a better player than Grealish. Don't care who you would take over him. Grealish has been superb and much better than Mahrez and Bernardo this season.

And football is not all about goals and assists

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
It
Kdb out of form is not a better player than Grealish. Don't care who you would take over him. Grealish has been superb and much better than Mahrez and Bernardo this season.

I agree if you are a defender or a goalkeeper. As an attacking midfielder, it really is about goals and assists.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Because he wasn't at his best, so what? Grealish was dropped couple of times this season too.

I know, I didn't said he wasn't. But they are in general better and more proven players, IMO.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Best city's player Grealish
vs

Out of form De Bruyne this season

It's not even a contest :lol:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Best city's player Grealish
vs

Out of form De Bruyne this season

It's not even a contest :lol:
And yet a large chunk of our support that watches every game and not through stats consider Grealish as our best offensive player this season. Funny old game isn't it

Zen

And yet a large chunk of our support that watches every game and not through stats consider Grealish as our best offensive player this season. Funny old game isn't it
That's because as with anything City, you are desperate to justify the expense. No neutral is claiming him as your best offensive player this season, or even close to the big 2. He might make some team of the seasons... but even then, probably not, because Saka, Rashford, Martinelli... Haaland and KdB are nailed on to make TOTY again, despite also having tough competition.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
His productivity is shit compared to an out of form KDB even though he's playing for a team known to create 10s of chances per game.
We create a lot because of how different players impacts the games. Grealish has been a huge part of why we create so much this season. He drags defenders with him and open up space for others, releases the ball perfectly(which he struggled at last season) and progresses the team forward when we struggle to pin teams back with our passing. In terms of goals and assists himself he has come on leaps and bounds after Cancelo moved on. Part of the issue was Cancelo occupying the positions and spaces Grealish now moves or dribbles into.
But even being stuck out wide he has been superb in posession. He has also been amazing defensively this season

That's because as with anything City, you are desperate to justify the expense. No neutral is claiming him as your best offensive player this season, or even close to the big 2. He might make some team of the seasons... but even then, probably not, because Saka, Rashford, Martinelli... Haaland and KdB are nailed on to make TOTY again, despite also having tough competition.
No I'm not desperate about anything. Grealish has been fantastic, and him getting better and better was very predictable.

We have had enough duds, even under Pep. Player either work out or not. Some haven't, Grealish has

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
If you keep convincing yourself, you might actually convince yourself that he is the best transfer of all times. I mean, better than Haaland talk is pretty close to that.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
If you keep convincing yourself, you might actually convince yourself that he is the best transfer of all times. I mean, better than Haaland talk is pretty close to that.
You know what, might as well call him the greatest of all time.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Which exactly?
How many do you want? You have already mentioned that you like Bernardo Silva better. There you have one.

In terms of truly greats neither the likes of Iniesta or Zidane had amazing g/a ratios.

Players give teams different things

OrcaFat

His productivity is shit compared to an out of form KDB even though he's playing for a team known to create 10s of chances per game.
Thanks. I suppose I should have been more specific. Is it just the assists we’re talking about? KDB is obviously known for passes into the striker. Grealish is a different character of player really. He creates chances and makes assists, yes, but he also creates space and opportunity for his team by drawing opponent players to him.

Some players are more influential than their stats would suggest, aren’t they? I haven’t seen all City’s games but I wouldn’t be rushing to disagree with a City fan who feels Grealish has had a good season. But then, I have always liked Grealish, he is the type of player I like to watch.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
How many do you want? You have already mentioned that you like Bernardo Silva better. There you have one.

In terms of truly greats neither the likes of Iniesta or Zidane had amazing g/a ratios.

Players give teams different things
Bernardo Silva is very good player but not a great player, but I like him better because he is more direct and doesn't slow the game down as Grealish does. Whoch proves that I am not judging players just based on stats.

Zidane and Iniesta are great examples - do you think Grealish will ever be anyhwere near as good as them?

Last edited:

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Bernardo Silva is verx good pla,er but not a great player, but I like him better because he is more direct and doesn't slow the game down as Grealish does. Whoch proves that I am not judging players just based on stats.

Zidane and Iniesta are great examples - do you think Grealish will ever be anyhwere near as good as them?
No, does he have to be?

Son

Even as United fans. Think we can all agree on him been a better signing than Antony so far :lol:

Son

He’s plays 49 games for City and only started to step up the last ~10 games.

Antony has played 17 games for United.
Pretty obvious watching them both play ball. I hope Antony becomes world class but he’s so one dimensional right now and unlike Grealish he can’t beat his opponent that often.

Granted Antony has the better shot but again a one tricky pony. Albeit a very good trick when he gets space.

IrishRedDevil

Pretty obvious watching them both play ball. I hope Antony becomes world class but he’s so one dimensional right now and unlike Grealish he can’t beat his opponent that often.

Granted Antony has the better shot but again a one tricky pony. Albeit a very good trick when he gets space.
Grealish was crap for 40 games. He didn’t have to adapt to a new league.

OrcaFat

No, does he have to be?
Yeah, it’s not a sensible question. But for what it’s worth, Iniesta is my all time favourite non-Utd player and Grealish is my current favourite non-Utd player. I see a lot of similarities between them in terms of style and ability. Iniesta had that rock solid mental toughness and total dedication to his art which I think Grealish would struggle to match. But there are at least a couple of years improvement left in Grealish so I’m happy to re-appraise after the next World Cup.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
No, does he have to be?
He absolutely doesn't have to be. If he wants to be special as his price suggests though, then he should probably be at least somewhere close.

However, he wouldn't be the first one who doesn't pay out his price, so you lot shouldn't pretend he is worth it. People here compared him with Ronaldinho ffs.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
*your definition of productivity

There is a significant aspect to Grealish’s ball-carrying ability which is a far better metric to determine how important he has become to the team.

We have won 76% of the games Grealish has played in this season, whilst we’ve only won 43% of the games he hasn’t. How on earth can he not be a productive player?

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
He absolutely doesn't have to be. If he wants to be special as his price suggests though, then he should probably be at least somewhere close.

However, he wouldn't be the first one who doesn't pay out his price, so you lot shouldn't pretend he is worth it. People here compared him with Ronaldinho ffs.
From the stat I provided above it is quite clear that he wins us games. A player like that is priceless.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Some of you are seriously overrating Grealish. Same thing was going on with Sterling a few years ago aswell.

Abraxas

He's a very good footballer. That is abundantly clear. His technical quality and ball carrying is excellent. I would have loved him at United because I think he's great to watch and can be great when he has license and importance within a team. He's never going to be the world's most productive in goals and assists but I do think he gives a lot to a team.

However within the context of his overall City career this is mostly a burst of form. He should be doing it for a season or two really in such a dominant side before we get too giddy.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
From the stat I provided above it is quite clear that he wins us games. A player like that is priceless.
That stat has proved to be useless so many times:

Edit: just quick check, you have won just 50% of the games that Mahrez didn't start this season, what do you say about that?

OrcaFat

I don’t really know what’s going on in this thread. Grealish is not as good as Zidane or Iniesta but he’s bloody good and after a difficult start at City, he’s playing well again.

£100m is a lot but it’s much less than what Coutinho cost and there’s no way you’d get Zidane or Iniesta for that now (double maybe). Sancho cost £70 something mills ffs. Grealish was pricy but not a waste of money in relative terms. Nobody should start claiming it was bargain but surely there’s a middle ground. If we paid £100m for him instead of getting Sancho I’d be delighted.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City

I've never said he is "worth" it. However I am asking you to define what a 100m player has to do to be "worth" it. What differs between a 50m, 75m and 100m player? Does it really matter? (especially when the club that paid it is doped up financially)

All I know is that Grealish is superb. When Antony for example comes good, and lets say "only" gets around 15 g/a a season while contributing positively to your style of play I don't think any United fan will be thinking "I expected more from a 80m player", you will be happy when he plays and with his contribution and think he is a good signing

Jeffthered

Absolute nonsense. City have hit form recently due to KDB getting his game together and driving that team on alongside Haaland who is just a phenomenon.

Grealish has improved but he isn't driving the improvement in city form. He hasn't been 'superb'. He's been better, like City.

Haaland has been superb.

Some people like to exaggerate. Good players don't require exaggeration.