Jack Grealish | Man City

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Very good player who took… let me see… just over half a season to look fully at home at his new club.

The way that countless morons were desperate to pretend he’d suddenly got shit as soon as he signed for City - without making any allowances for a period of adaptation- sums up the single digit IQ of football Twitter.

TheReligion

Abusive
I am as well. Apperantly being consistently one of the best players on the pitch for a world-class team, including on the highest level against the German champions isn't good enough
Erm didn’t you say Casemiro was an overweight pensioner at the start of the season?

Not sure I fully trust your scouting ability to be honest..

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Erm didn’t you say Casemiro was an overweight pensioner at the start of the season?

Not sure I fully trust your scouting ability to be honest..
Yep, good example.

This thread at the moment is a bit like if I would still be saying to every United fan praising Casemiro that "No, no he haven't performer as good as you think this season because when I paid attention several months ago he was a bit shit".

Casemiro looked like a overweight pensioner when e came on in the 6-3. I have seen him have good games since then myself but would never argue with a United fan that have watched him every single minute this season if he called him important for the team anyway. He has obviously improved immensely. Go back to this thread at the start of this season or last and Grealish was supposedly hopeless. He has obviously improved immensely but yet some on here pretend that he just runs around a lot

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Good player in an excellent system that's had an exceptional few months. As per, the caf's city brigade are overegging it. On his day he's really good but he'll need to have more than a good few months to live up to some of the praise he's getting in this thread.
A lot of praise for him on here from quite a few Reds too.
I'm not gonna throw in the WC label but it's undeniable that he's a locked in starter for a team who are currently in the world elite which must say something.
He draws defenders away from other players allowing them more space, he is frequently fouled winning dangerous free kicks and yellow cards for opponents.
All in all an excellent individual player but makes huge contributions to team play

FriedClams

Opposition fans can go and get fecked, we don’t need to say good things about your players. Feck off.

eire-red

I disagree, take Grealish out of this system and it doesn't work as well. He gives us so much both with and without the ball at the moment. Foden in form maybe gives us a lot of the same qualities but no way he gets in ahead of Jack at the moment. He would have to play on the right, Which he already started doing before his issues, because Jack was already undroppable
Grealish definitely works better in the system than say, someone like Sterling who wouldn't gel well with Haaland and it was a good option to cash in on him last summer.

However, I do think Grealish is that player that brings out the extreme opinions in people. He's very good at the moment, but I wouldn't go as far as saying world class. For that label, I think you need to be a match-winner and almost indispensable for a top club, and most importantly, for longer than a couple of months.

Grealish wouldn't get in my top 5 POTY nominees. Haaland, Saka, Odegaard, Rashford, Kane are well out in front. Just my view of course.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep, good example.

This thread at the moment is a bit like if I would still be saying to every United fan praising Casemiro that "No, no he haven't performer as good as you think this season because when I paid attention several months ago he was a bit shit".

Casemiro looked like a overweight pensioner when e came on in the 6-3. I have seen him have good games since then myself but would never argue with a United fan that have watched him every single minute this season if he called him important for the team anyway. He has obviously improved immensely. Go back to this thread at the start of this season or last and Grealish was supposedly hopeless. He has obviously improved immensely but yet some on here pretend that he just runs around a lot
Its also a good example of oppo fans chatting shit.

You did it about Casemiro, others are doing it to Grealish.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Its also a good example of oppo fans chatting shit.

You did it about Casemiro, others are doing it to Grealish.
Except if I remember correctly I said it tongue in cheek in this very thread because United fans yet again attacked Grealish in that same 6-3 game Even though he had a decent game.

Grealish has never looked as poor as Casemiro did in that cameo. But I was fully aware Casemiro is a bit decent when in form and clicking

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Grealish definitely works better in the system than say, someone like Sterling who wouldn't gel well with Haaland and it was a good option to cash in on him last summer.

However, I do think Grealish is that player that brings out the extreme opinions in people. He's very good at the moment, but I wouldn't go as far as saying world class. For that label, I think you need to be a match-winner and almost indispensable for a top club, and most importantly, for longer than a couple of months.

Grealish wouldn't get in my top 5 POTY nominees. Haaland, Saka, Odegaard, Rashford, Kane are well out in front. Just my view of course.
That is fair. Sterling in his prime I think would fit pretty well around another striker allthough I'd rather have a striker like Kane if the purpose was to get the best out of Sterling. Anyway, Sterlings main issue is that he hasn't really been a good footballer since his pretty long stint as a consistent and dangerous poacher from 2017 to around 2020. He has stopped doing everything that made him a important player a long time ago

Suedesi

Except if I remember correctly I said it tongue in cheek in this very thread because United fans yet again attacked Grealish in that same 6-3 game Even though he had a decent game.

Grealish has never looked as poor as Casemiro did in that cameo. But I was fully aware Casemiro is a bit decent when in form and clicking
Why don't you hang with your mates after a CL quarterfinal win instead of chatting shit on a United forum

eire-red

That is fair. Sterling in his prime I think would fit pretty well around another striker allthough I'd rather have a striker like Kane if the purpose was to get the best out of Sterling. Anyway, Sterlings main issue is that he hasn't really been a good footballer since his pretty long stint as a consistent and dangerous poacher from 2017 to around 2020. He has stopped doing everything that made him a important player a long time ago
Chelsea was a decent move on paper with Tuchel at the helm and the 343 with inverted wingers. They should have kept someone like Giroud around.

Anyway, back to Jack. Regardless of what I think, looks like he's going to get his hands on a CL medal this year. I think if he nabs a few crucial moments in the run-in, it will really elevate his status. I can see him and Haaland giving Carvajal and Militao a really tough time if Madrid beat Chelsea. As always with Madrid though, key battle will be midfield and Rodri probably needs a monster game in there against that metronome.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Chelsea was a decent move on paper with Tuchel at the helm and the 343 with inverted wingers. They should have kept someone like Giroud around.

Anyway, back to Jack. Regardless of what I think, looks like he's going to get his hands on a CL medal this year. I think if he nabs a few crucial moments in the run-in, it will really elevate his status. I can see him and Haaland giving Carvajal and Militao a really tough time if Madrid beat Chelsea. As always with Madrid though, key battle will be midfield and Rodri probably needs a monster game in there against that metronome.
Haha, I agree with everything in theory but there is still a return leg at the Allianz.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Very good player who took… let me see… just over half a season to look fully at home at his new club.

The way that countless morons were desperate to pretend he’d suddenly got shit as soon as he signed for City - without making any allowances for a period of adaptation- sums up the single digit IQ of football Twitter.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/haaland-v-núñez-v-mitrovic.471936/

Nunez

I think Haaland will be spending a lot of time on the bench this season.
All the Nunez = Lukaku stuff will look very stupid, that’s for sure.
He’ll find a false 9 up his sleeve somehow. Better a false 9 than a true 9 who lumbers round the pitch with no clue how to press or tackle. Just can’t see Pep tolerating that shit for long. It’s the opposite of how his teams have always played. There’s a reason he fell out with Zlatan.

Oscar Bonavena

I never thought Grealish was a good fit for City, I thought he'd be more suited to a team who would defend deeper and play on the counterattack where he could use his strengths, ie running at speed with the ball.

Whereas with City he'd be playing in a team with 70%+ possession trying to break down a massed defence most of the time, using quick one-touch passing, which is not Grealish's style.

But pains me to say it, since the World Cup he's been immense.

padr81

Supports
Man City

In fairness it was closer to a season and a half.

Red Star One

took him a moment to fully adapt and become efficient in City, but I stand corrected - didn't think he'd work well with Pep's style of football, but he's been one of the best City players for months and if they win the league he deserves the place in the PL team of the season. Looking great lately and producing a lot. So pleasant on the eye tonight, I hate he's a City lad.

padr81

Supports
Man City
took him a moment to fully adapt and become efficient in City, but I stand corrected - didn't think he'd work well with Pep's style of football, but he's been one of the best City players for months and if they win the league he deserves the place in the PL team of the season. Looking great lately and producing a lot. So pleasant on the eye tonight, I hate he's a City lad.
He won't get team of the season. Haaland, Saka and Rashford have the front 3 sewn up.

Apokalips

Agree, Grealish has been good since the WC, average before. Looks like he's playing with less pressure and more confidence.

Haaland, Saka and Odegaard should be top 3 for poty.

I'd say at City, Haaland, Ake, Rodri, and KDB (despite his up and down form) have all been better than Jack. Maybe even Stones too. Whats changed for Jack is he now looks like he belongs in the team which he didn't for his first 15 months.
Agreed! People always extrapolate sentiments. Grealish has been really good since the WC and that has somehow now turned to "he's been amazing all season... City's best player" despite clearly not being true. I'd be shocked if someone could show us 50 fans that rated Grealish as City's POTY pre-WC.

Not too dissimilar to some with Rashford except I've seen the majority of United fans honestly appraise Rashford's season as being beastly post-WC and average before.

gredanica

So I don't want to make a big deal of this because this is obviously a Man Utd forum and I know Man Utd fans are sensitive about this subject since they want to believe that SAF Is a better manager than Guardiola (even though objectively Guardiola is #1 of all time and SAF fits into the top 5)

But....

The narrative on this forum is Guardiola is a chequebook manager and if you read back to the first 50 pages of this thread its filled with criticism about how City overpaid for Grealish ("because oil") just because they could, and how "he would have done better at any other team", and that last season his talents were being wasted because Pep was trying to turn him from a maverick into a "systems player" and this ruined all his talents. Literally every single aspect of the Grealish sighing has been slated here

And yet..

Fast forward a year and it turns out that Guardiola knew exactly what he was buying, and once the "maverick" elements had been restrained, he turned into literally the perfect player for city. Other than Haaland, he is clearly their best attacking player and you were all wrong.

At what point do you just have to admit that Pep knows exactly the players he wants and is capable of moulding players into changing their entire style to fit his vision, and that this actually does seem to work out?

literally the best manager of all time, there really isn't an argument tbh

compare that to literal shit tier players like Sancho and possibly Antony (who many on here would have claimed here were better than Grealish 6 months ago) and you just have to laugh beyond believe. I mean I do get that's unfair because Antony might turn out well, but anyone who ever thought that a Championship level player like Sancho was even close to Grealish shouldn't be allowed to talk about football ever again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So I don't want to make a big deal of this because this is obviously a Man Utd forum and I know Man Utd fans are sensitive about this subject since they want to believe that SAF Is a better manager than Guardiola (even though objectively Guardiola is #1 of all time and SAF fits into the top 5)

But....

The narrative on this forum is Guardiola is a chequebook manager and if you read back to the first 50 pages of this thread its filled with criticism about how City overpaid for Grealish ("because oil") just because they could, and how "he would have done better at any other team", and that last season his talents were being wasted because Pep was trying to turn him from a maverick into a "systems player" and this ruined all his talents. Literally every single aspect of the Grealish sighing has been slated here

And yet..

Fast forward a year and it turns out that Guardiola knew exactly what he was buying, and once the "maverick" elements had been restrained, he turned into literally the perfect player for city. Other than Haaland, he is clearly their best attacking player and you were all wrong.

At what point do you just have to admit that Pep knows exactly the players he wants and is capable of moulding players into changing their entire style to fit his vision, and that this actually does seem to work out?

literally the best manager of all time, there really isn't an argument tbh

compare that to literal shit tier players like Sancho and possibly Antony (who many on here would have claimed here were better than Grealish 6 months ago) and you just have to laugh beyond believe. I mean I do get that's unfair because Antony might turn out well, but anyone who ever thought that a Championship level player like Sancho was even close to Grealish shouldn't be allowed to talk about football ever again.
:lol: :lol: Joke of a post

gredanica

:lol: :lol: Joke of a post
Basically I just want us all to shut our eyes and reminisce. Lets take our minds back to the dawn of time. Specifically, lets take our minds back to 2021 and the start of this thread where the average redcafe poster was making posts that said "wow 80 million is far too much to pay for Jack Grealish, you could buy Jadon Sancho for that price" :lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Basically I just want us all to shut our eyes and reminisce. Lets take our minds back to the dawn of time. Specifically, lets take our minds back to 2021 and the start of this thread where the average redcafe poster was making posts that said "wow 80 million is far too much to pay for Jack Grealish, you could buy Jadon Sancho for that price" :lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol:
Nobody gives a shit except you who is obsessed with random posts from 2021 so you can big up your cheating hero Pep and his cheating club City. Enjoy being struck off the record books in a couple of years time. Then you’ll want to shut your eyes for good.

gredanica

I know its an obvious wum but you are still going to make city fans look so stupid when he bottles the title to his ball boy
Im fairly pro-Guardiola but I hope they lose because feck Man City and feck teams that are owned by nation states

doesn't change the fact he's a genius

amolbhatia50k

Im fairly pro-Guardiola but I hope they lose because feck Man City and feck teams that are owned by nation states

doesn't change the fact he's a genius
Nice attempt to worm your way back City fan. Enjoy all your (and Peps) trophies being stripped and tarnished

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I mean, even in his best CL night ever, he was third or fourth best player, and the best chance he created was when he put Ake through in what was good chance, right? I mean, he is much better than he's been for a season and a half, but in the same game he was praised as world class, Bernardo Silva was on another level.

It's been season and a half until he started playing any decent football. He was signed last year.

Son

I am as well. Apperantly being consistently one of the best players on the pitch for a world-class team, including on the highest level against the German champions isn't good enough
Yeah same. Surely playing in arguably the best club side in the world and for your country is world class?

England aren’t a bad side either. He’s playing at the very highest level a player can play week in week out. That’s world class.

Some people get “world class” mixed up with legendary or all time great players. He’ll never be Modric or Iniesta but stranger things have happened than City winning multiple CL’s in the next few years.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Jack has been much better but he still gets a lot of excuses made for him. 5G6A in the league is it? If Sterling got those numbers he'd be called not good enough.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Until Pep wins as many trophies as SAF, you are right there is no argument who's the best manager in football history.
Of course there’s an argument to be had about it.
In pure trophy terms Ferguson is way out ahead but the number of seasons he was at the helm has to be factored in as does the quality of opposition faced and resources give to the coach.
Guardiola has a far higher major trophies per season average than Ferguson.
I‘m not saying one of those two is better than the other (in my opinion they both have area where they best the other which makes a definitive answer virtually impossible) but to say that there’s no argument is just blind hero worship of Ferguson on your part

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Pep isn’t fit to lace SAF’s boots.

His Barca team are under the microscope for paying off refs.

His Bayern team are odds on to win 10 in a row (or is it 11 now?)

His Man City team are under investigation currently as well.

No way near Fergie.