Jack Grealish | Man City

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
City game management is superb. Keep ball and make the other team chase you.

Hulme91

Had a very good season and is a very good player, just needed time to bed in like practically every other winger that Guardiola has bought

Mike Smalling

Best I've seen him for City, but against a TAA that's not even trying, to be honest. Still a very, very good performance.

Lecland07

He doesn't slow the pace down any more or dawdle for ages on the ball. When he receives it, he makes quicker decisions because he's more used to the system and the habits and movements of his teammates.
Yeah, he was too cautious with the ball at first. He always looks far better when just runs with it.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
He’s been our most consistent player this season outside of the obvious one. We are a far better team with him in it.

OrcaFat

Very enjoyable player to watch. Still wish we had got him but we already have about 20 left wingers.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ireland would have been ridiculous with Grealish and Rice alongside their current team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What? England aren’t exactly great with the pair of them?
Compared to how Ireland have been they would have had a really good generation of players. That’s all.

Not that they would win a World Cup or reach a euro final.

Not like Belgium have been great but everyone was loving their generation of recent players.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Magnificent today. Not just Alexander Arnold was embarrassed by him.
He even put in a couple of important defensive challenges deep in his own half.

Yagami

Good post resistant
From memory he only played through the centre while they were in the Championship. He played on the left once they got promoted to the Premiership, although obviously he came into the centre quite a lot.
That's how I remember it, too. In a three with McGinn and I think Hourihane. McGinn would actually be the furthest forward of the three.

I think they started off the promotion year the same but changed not long after the start.

Jam

Didn’t he play CAM for Aston Villa if I remember or was it LM?
He played wherever he wanted for Villa.

To be fair he was positioned on the left but had a free role to go where he wanted and others then accommodated that for him; so he came centrally a lot which explains why some people assumed he played CAM in the PL.

Always thought some of his City criticism has been harsh, putting in good performances even if he wasn’t getting the goal or the assist but he was definitely contributing to the play. Glad to see he’s having a good patch and being recognised.

Hughie77

I think the guy spent a lot of time in the clay class, if he couldn't play football he'd be at best still living off his parents.. Good player though..

OrcaFat

Player of the Match today. Starting to look worth the money. I would say that as he is my favourite non-Utd player, but he is just brilliant.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Player of the Match today. Starting to look worth the money. I would say that as he is my favourite non-Utd player, but he is just brilliant.
That's why he's getting fat commercial contracts. He's someone most people know whether you like him or detest him.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
My posts about him in this thread last season and the start of this one has aged well.

Never write off a Guardiola signing in the first season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
My posts about him in this thread last season and the start of this one has aged well.

Never write off a Guardiola signing in the first season
He is still nothing special, and nowhere near 100m player. Even this season he's started playing good football just in the last two months or so, more than half of the season he was pretty average.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He is still nothing special, and nowhere near 100m player. Even this season he's started playing good football just in the last two months or so, more than half of the season he was pretty average.
A 100m player is very hard to define. The fact is that he has been the best performer on a very good team for the majority of the season.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
One has had an amazing while the other one has been shit - recency bias at it's finest

croadyman

Damn goalline technology fault against Sheff Utd kept Villa up and saw him stay there. He should have been ours in that summer of 2020 for a very decent fee.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
A 100m player is very hard to define. The fact is that he has been the best performer on a very good team for the majority of the season.
Best performer? You think he's been better than de Bruyne and Haaland? And that's just attacking players we are talking about.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
If not Haaland, (and of course if will be Haaland), Ake will win their player of the season.
Ake has been consistently playing up to his highest level all season.
He was regarded as just a squad nember at the start of the season and was nearly sold back to Chelsea but since then he's made himself more or less undroppable and rendered Cancelo and Laporte expendable.
Haaland, de Bruyne, Rodri and Stones are all better players than Ake but we all love a good underdog comeback story at City.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I thought KDB was the best player on the pitch in that game but Grealish played very well too.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Best performer? You think he's been better than de Bruyne and Haaland? And that's just attacking players we are talking about.
No he hasn't. He's been very good though, you have to give him credit because he was written off as a waste of money

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Grealish has been our best performer this season yeah. Maybe alongside Ake.

Haaland is obviously a freak as well, but despite the ridiculous amount of goals he can have quiet games, which is normal. Grealish even on hard days always progress us higher up the pitch. I think there is stats that he has the most progressive ball-carries in europe. And he never loses the ball.

And KdB is out of the conversation because from the World Cup until about the Burnley game he was in the worst form of his life. Been back at his best lately

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
KDB hasn't been very good this season at least not close to what we have seen him do, he missed several games and I recall Pep had to call him out recently