Jack Grealish | Man City

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
nah I love grealish. Would of loved him.. but come on.. the presentation was cringey as feck! Ronaldos presentation was how it done, this was something else.:houllier:
Tbh i stopped paying attention once it was announced he'll be playing for Cithe, I'm only in this thread cause i want everyone of us to let it go, some of the post in here feels depressing to say the least.

ForeverRed1

Tbh i stopped paying attention once it was announced he'll be playing for Cithe, I'm only in this thread cause i want everyone of us to let it go, some of the post in here feels depressing to say the least.
I think it’s that way because it’s getting to a point we’re asking the question where and how do we stop these guys? They buy top class players on top of top class players. So stacked in every position... buying grealish has just hammered it home. I love him but I want him to flop. Don’t think he will though!

they never spent so much on a individual player.. now they have.. and that presentation..looks to me like they are going down the galatico real/Barca route.

decorativeed

I wasn’t ‘t being patronising, I was just pointing out that you were wrong . . and I wasn’t being snide either . . but you got in a silly strop about it and now you come back throwing slurs at me.

If you think that I’m wrong about crowds conveying their feelings in their chants then set out why you think I’m wrong.
Exchanges of views are what forums are all about and civilised posters respect it, so don’t have a pop at me because I put forward a corrective opinion that you can’t argue against, because that’s well out of order.
No, you were being patronising and you are fully aware of that. You now have the honour of being only the second person to go on my ignore list.

decorativeed

All 50 City fans must have enjoyed that legendary moment :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: feck me how Grealish must have felt :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
City did an event at my work (right in the centre of Manchester) recently where they opened it to the public and put their trophies on display. They brought a pile of flags and sharpies for the fans to sign and have their photos taken with the cups. I'm not joking, they didn't even get 50 in.

Classical Mechanic

City did an event at my work (right in the centre of Manchester) recently where they opened it to the public and put their trophies on display. They brought a pile of flags and sharpies for the fans to sign and have their photos taken with the cups. I'm not joking, they didn't even get 50 in.
Obviously United could get more in but it's also a case of the English not really going for this kind of stuff. They're trying to transplant a fan culture that most people are not really interested in.

decorativeed

Obviously United could get more in but it's also a case of the English not really going for this kind of stuff. They're trying to transplant a fan culture that most people are not really interested in.
I don't know, I used to work for United, and would often spend days with the PL trophy or the FA Cup, letting people get their photos with them and we would do hundreds per day. And they were available for months at a time, not a special event promoted by the club's social channels.

Classical Mechanic

I don't know, I used to work for United, and would often spend days with the PL trophy or the FA Cup, letting people get their photos with them and we would do hundreds per day. And they were available for months at a time, not a special event promoted by the club's social channels.
Fair enough. I was more thinking of the Grealish unveiling though. I think most people would rather relax at home with their family after work rather than trek down to a stadium to get a brief glimpse of a football player doing a few kickups. We don't do the kind of player worship that they do in Spain. It's partly why Guardiola likes living in Manchester because he's mostly left alone.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Too much salt in this thread, bunch of bittered fecks looking to easy their pain, From him not coming here with ridiculous abuse, get a grip we can't sign everybody at once, we've only signed Sancho not long ago and most of you call him a generational talent, i don't understand why you Lot want to die on a player who seems to be enjoying his Life.
What are you on about, we have signed much bigger star just recently and haven't made much fuss about it.

Siorac

I think it’s that way because it’s getting to a point we’re asking the question where and how do we stop these guys? They buy top class players on top of top class players. So stacked in every position... buying grealish has just hammered it home. I love him but I want him to flop. Don’t think he will though!

they never spent so much on a individual player.. now they have.. and that presentation..looks to me like they are going down the galatico real/Barca route.
Again, I have to point out that they literally fielded SIX attacking midfielders in the Champions League final. Can't help but feel that adding a seventh one isn't particularly scary.

City will be very good, as always, but they can still only field eleven players plus three subs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm sad I won't be able to watch the best player in the league anymore. Well, bar derby games.

Hopefully he plays for England now so I can still enjoy some games of his, but Southgate.

jackal&hyde

I understand what you say and I also dislike the phenomenon, but it's worth pointing out that the super star footballer in the modern World, was probably created by United, with Beckham. The Spanish seem to have capitalized on this and now it's spreading a bit. Still cringe worthy though.

Woodzy

I ddn't watch enough of Villa to know, but is Grealish up there with the best players in the league like I see people claiming?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm sad I won't be able to watch the best player in the league anymore. Well, bar derby games.

Hopefully he plays for England now so I can still enjoy some games of his, but Southgate.
So you missed watching best player in the league for 2 seasons now.

tayside red

I'm glad we never got Grealish, too much of a show pony for me.
IMO he lacks that explosive burst of speed that the real top players have...£100 mil Citeeh must rate him, what's the World coming to.

Skills

Snitch

:lol:

jackal&hyde

I'm glad we never got Grealish, too much of a show pony for me.
IMO he lacks that explosive burst of speed that the real top players have...£100 mil Citeeh must rate him, what's the World coming to.
What baffles me are the people that think this is the type of player SAF would have gone for. He has a history of being a dick head and breaking rules before even winning anything, he lacks pace and is a prima donna; the complete opposite of what SAF was looking for. The only 2 players that got away with that were a Cantona that made the team win and a once in a life time Ronaldo. Grealish is the most anti SAF player ever.

It's worth remembering that SAF is still around and talking to Ole; between Sancho and Grealish, the former is by far the better player for United.

Zen86

I'm a fan of Grealish. But at the end of the day we signed Sancho and I'm happy. He's younger, faster, and more direct.

I don't think Grealish will do particularly well for City, and I think he's at risk of getting caught up in his own hype. The whole circus around him actually takes the pressure off Sancho quite nicely.

SAFMUTD

I take Sancho every single day, younger, can play in every position Grealish can and also as a RW, and was cheaper.

No brainer for me, we got the better deal by a mile.

decorativeed

Fair enough. I was more thinking of the Grealish unveiling though. I think most people would rather relax at home with their family after work rather than trek down to a stadium to get a brief glimpse of a football player doing a few kickups. We don't do the kind of player worship that they do in Spain. It's partly why Guardiola likes living in Manchester because he's mostly left alone.
Ah yeah, agreed. I've always thought the unveilings they do at Madrid are weird as feck.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I ddn't watch enough of Villa to know, but is Grealish up there with the best players in the league like I see people claiming?
He is not, of course. He was in excellent form last season though.

ForeverRed1

Was having a look at the villa talk forum earlier and on the grealish thread they posted a picture from cities Twitter.. it was the city players dressed as peaky blinders... so so cringe.

They are really really trying to push him as the second coming of beckham. Like really trying.

justsomebloke

Again, I have to point out that they literally fielded SIX attacking midfielders in the Champions League final. Can't help but feel that adding a seventh one isn't particularly scary.

City will be very good, as always, but they can still only field eleven players plus three subs.
This. Kane might be transformative for them, but not Grealish. If he plays, then Sterling or Foden or Gundogan doesn't.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Was having a look at the villa talk forum earlier and on the grealish thread they posted a picture from cities Twitter.. it was the city players dressed as peaky blinders... so so cringe.

They are really really trying to push him as the second coming of beckham. Like really trying.
This one? Don't know if it's already been posted somewhere else on here but it does deserve another laugh.

MUFC OK

Grealish is what you get when you order a David Beckham off Wish.com.

Probably quite apt for the modern world.

Eternitiy

It's cringeworthy, I agree.

They need to let Grealish do the talking on the pitch. As a pure entertainer on the pitch, he's ahead of Beckham.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Queen, the show must go on, playing at the Etihad…

Empty spaces, what are we living for?
Abandoned places, I guess we know the score, on and on
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

Sounds about right…

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Queen, the show must go on, playing at the Etihad…

Empty spaces, what are we living for?
Abandoned places, I guess we know the score, on and on
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

Sounds about right…
:lol: What a choice that is

ForeverRed1

Grealish is what you get when you order a David Beckham off Wish.com.

Probably quite apt for the modern world.
every girl I know is in love with him. I’m sure many will watch city now he has a shirt on.. and that’s what city bought him for. He has that appeal.