g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Agree 100%
Don't get the negativity here for Jack.
When you watch Grealish play for Villa, you can watch all his clever passes which ends up as nothing because his teammates aren't good enough. If Grealish played for a better side, he would be a very efficient player.

G-manc

Rumored that Aston Villa want to work in Romero and Dalot + cash into a deal for Grealish. How much are those two worth?
That would make sense from a Villa perspective - they are short of a keeper now Reina has left and are also short at RB.

Beaucoup

Ok so let's rephrase that.

It's a game against Liverpool and we want our best 11 on the pitch. Does Grealish start ahead of Rashford or Fernandes if they're both fit and playing well?
I get it, your scenario is designed to prove me wrong, however football doesn’t work like that, what if Martial or Pogba are injured etc...

Grealish would be a valuable addition to the squad, not a bench player, We have 50 plus games a season, it is unrealistic to expect the same key 11 players will feature in all our big games.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
We'll have a mad crack at Messi, try for Sancho until the bitter end.

And last day go for Grealish if we have to.
Part of me says 'this' but I don't think even we're that stupid to believe Messi would come here.

Raw

Would definitely be okay with this transfer, but not as a replacement for Sancho. Having both of them would be a dream.

It's very rare that we'd have our supposed best 11 be fit and in top form for an extended period of time (only have to look at our run post-lockdown to prove this). It's the same with any team. Let's buy players who can actually challenge our first 11, because as it stands our strength in depth is utter pants.

theklr

People have to realise what we save in wages if we get Dalot and Romero out, what pricetag they go for isnt so important as long as they go.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People have to realise what we save in wages if we get Dalot and Romero out, what pricetag they go for isnt so important as long as they go.
Can't imagine Dalot n Romero are on much more than 120k a week combined. So that's not a huge saving at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I get it, your scenario is designed to prove me wrong, however football doesn’t work like that, what if Martial or Pogba are injured etc...

Grealish would be a valuable addition to the squad, not a bench player, We have 50 plus games a season, it is unrealistic to expect the same key 11 players will feature in all our big games.
I've never said he wouldn't be a good squad player, but who spends £60m+ on one?

I think we had interest when they were looking like relegation, but now they have no reason to sell and Grealish has a longer contract.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Grealish will be our last minute panic buy this summer, after we fail to get anyone else.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If the alternative was to be 3rd keeper for United, 100%.
I’m sure there are other alternatives for a top quality goal keeper.

Cant imagine he’s limited to Villa or 3rd choice.

Marcus

I would start him over Rashford against teams playing with a low block.

Fracture90

No one is going to pay £80m for him,have said all along I still think £50-55m plus a player going the other way is possible.

What do people who actually want to sign him think about the Pilger article which questions where would he play.
But depending on the player involved that's around £70-80m...

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Grealish wouldn’t be a squad player in terms of a super sub who you just bring in for the last 15-20 minutes. He is better than that. He would start / rotate some games as well instead of any of the front three. In our last few games we didn’t have anyone even half decent to start or bring on for example instead of a tired and out of form Rashford or instead of Bruno for a couple of games. With so many games coming so quickly next season Grealish would be playing a lot of games. And although 50-60 mil is a lot of money, if Chilwell went for 50 mil an attacking English PL player is definitely going to cost more than that.

El Jefe

The Grealish fan club genuinely baffles me. He's just a decent player.

I wouldn't mind him in the squad but anything more than £35m we should move on. He's hardly a make or break addition to the squad. He's a bit like Zaha in the sense that I don't see his game translating well to the bigger clubs especially at the asking prices.

He's not even reached the level Lallana reached at Southampton and some are willing to spend £50m on him.

El Jefe

Lallana was in a much superior Southampton side than the dross surrounding Grealish, very odd comparison.
So what? Even in crap teams, your quality is clear to see especially as you have much more of the ball than you would in other teams.

Lallana and Grealish are similar types of players so I don't see how it's an odd comparison.

croadyman

Grealish's quality is very clear in that Villa team, its crystal clear.
Yeah it is but some people just clearly don't rate him and think he wouldn't get much game time when our first XI is fully fit,personally I think he offers something different in the fact he can run with the ball and also be press resistant too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

It's a game against Liverpool and we want our best 11 on the pitch. Does Grealish start ahead of Rashford or Fernandes if they're both fit and playing well?
We've had shit luck of injuries ever since the SAF era. I don't know why this even a debate that Grealish will play at least 40 games next season. Mata alone has played 37 games. Then when you add Lingard and Pereira play times to that.

Lee565

Well if rashford continues to show the shocking form he was displaying post lockdown then yeah grealish would be ahead of rashford.

sp_107

Grealish will be our last minute panic buy this summer, after we fail to get anyone else.

Then I am going to like panic buy just for once.He will add quality to our team.

Sancho / Carmavinga / Tonali / Upamecano / Saul, We can dream but if we get players like Grealish rather players like Fellaini/Darmian/Rojo/ I would be happy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Then I am going to like panic buy just for once.He will add quality to our team.

Sancho / Carmavinga / Tonali / Upamecano / Saul, We can dream but if we get players like Grealish rather players like Fellaini/Darmian/Rojo/ I would be happy.
When I said last minute panic buys, we'll pay over the odds. Expect we paid 70-80m for him.

sp_107

When I said last minute panic buys, we'll pay over the odds. Expect we paid 70-80m for him.
True, We never paid less for any player by playing waiting game. So I see your point and i like our guys do business in proper way rather paying over the odds for same player in the end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
True, We never paid less for any player by playing waiting game. So I see your point and i like our guys do business in proper way rather paying over the odds for same player in the end.
We got a better deal on AWB by longing it out a bit.

But I agree with your general point.

croadyman

Well if rashford continues to show the shocking form he was displaying post lockdown then yeah grealish would be ahead of rashford.
Can't tell if that was down to him not fully recovered from the back injury or just in a real bad run of form at the moment

ForeverRed1

Bought as a squad player, this generally means if we reach a key cup final or play against one of the top teams they will be on the bench if all are fit and ready for action.
the good thing about him is he will believe in himself. He will want england call up, he will fight for a place and I really believe that he is better than people think. His stats in that villa team are really impressive. He will want to fight his way into the first team and has the ability to do it.

flappyjay

Wengers prediction will come true soon. We will see more highly rated players refuse to sign extensions at mid table teams. With what's happened with Zaha and now it looks like Grealish might be priced out of a move too.

croadyman

the good thing about him is he will believe in himself. He will want england call up, he will fight for a place and I really believe that he is better than people think. His stats in that villa team are really impressive. He will want to fight his way into the first team and has the ability to do it.
Yeah definitely strikes me as someone who believes in himself but whoever he plays for I get the impression that the England call up could be tricky as it really looks like Gareth just doesn't fancy him for some reason

-Supreme-

Can't tell if that was down to him not fully recovered from the back injury or just in a real bad run of form at the moment
There will always be plenty of reasons / excuses why Rashford is playing badly, i.e. missing Shaw, played out of positions, tactical change, played too many games, injuries...the list is endless from what I have seen on here.

He will be benched regardless of his underlying issue if we bring in more quality to improve the squad.

Darlington Padgett

He looks like a player that will fight for his place and end up earning it. We have players performing at a high level one week and giving us a 3/10 performance the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.