Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So you know how I told you all about being confident he was involved in that incident...

Jack Grealish: Aston Villa star charged with driving offences over lockdown crash
http://news.sky.com/story/jack-grea...driving-offences-over-lockdown-crash-12009717

From what I’ve been told he’s not being charged with drink driving because he left the scene before police could get involved. Hence the charge of failing to stop at collision charge.
Ahead of you buddy ^^^

Deery

Dreary
He should have been charged with drink driving but ran off before police came
I know he’s in court in August but was wondering what kind of punishment he would be facing, a slap on the wrist or potential jail time?

TrustInOle

If we offload Lingard and Andreas then a move for Grealish, especially if Villa go down, would be smart business. Replacing them 2 with Grealish and Sancho means our front 4 is looking solid for future years and allows us to focus on bulking other areas of the team.

As many have said, I don't see him being a starter for us, but would give us an insanely better option to turn a game than the likes of Jesse and Andreas with the option to offer minutes to Chong and Gomes if he stays.

Sancho\Mason.....Bruno\Grealish......Rashford\James
Tony\ Ighalo
In my opinion, that is a front 4 that challenges, with substitutions that can influence a game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ahead of you buddy ^^^
Sorry didn't see it.

What does this mean exactly, what type of punishment do you think he would be looking at?
I don't know enough about his case tbh. I think it'll be hard to prove the driving without due care aspect as who has seen him in the vehicle? Even if they have it's usually something the police would see you doing and give evidence to say your driving "fell below the standard expected for a competent and careful driver".

The falling to stop/report is pretty straight forward. You either did or you didn't. If you don't stop at the scene because it's not practical/possible then you must report to a police station in person within 24 hours.

I think he's nailed on for the second part. He will likely get points but they could be harsh and look at a ban. It depends what points he's got and the circumstances really.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I know he’s in court in August but was wondering what kind of punishment he would be facing, a slap on the wrist or potential jail time?
Definitely points and a fine potential disqualified license and the failure to stop could be a 6month sentence.

He was very likely drunk at best tipsy when this happened and there is evidence and more than enough witnesses to attest to his apparent drunkenness.

Suvvernmanc

I watched the game and I saw what I’ve seen regularly from him this season. A LW with license to roam and float because he is unquestionably the main man.

He wouldn’t get that freedom in CM for us nor at Villa at this level.

Dean Smith is well aware of the ego he’s caressing here and knows Jack needs freedom to benefit Villa most. He’s absolutely a quality player and would start for Everton so maybe that’s what other posters have been suggesting?

I have never questioned his skills or ability from LW in a free role. But I wonder how much you’ve seen of him in his first few games this season. He wanted to do his superman impression from CM and Villa were overran easily each game.

I like him as a player but I’m not going to be blinded by that and his attitude is the problem. Look at the news today. People were vehemently defending him and now he’s been charged where are all these people saying nothing’s been proven etc?

I’ll ask you this as you seem confident.

McTominay Pogba
Bruno​

Where does he fit into our midfield set up?
Search my previous posts on here. I wrote one this morning basically saying that if he came, he wouldn't be bench warmer. He would rotate with Bruno, Rashford and when we play a 3 man midfield, Pogba. All of our best players need rest time as we cant have them playing 90 minutes every game of every competition. Rashford had an injury because we don't have sufficient cover at LW. Bruno is our only good #10 (forget Lingard and Andreas they shouldn't be near the squad). Grealish, if his form was good for us, would/should get as many minutes throughout the season as the others mentioned. Having quality in depth means we can field a top team in all competitions with adequate rest for all players, which we just can't do currently.

Deery

Dreary
Sorry didn't see it.

I don't know enough about his case tbh. I think it'll be hard to prove the driving without due care aspect as who has seen him in the vehicle? Even if they have it's usually something the police would see you doing and give evidence to say your driving "fell below the standard expected for a competent and careful driver".

The falling to stop/report is pretty straight forward. You either did or you didn't. If you don't stop at the scene because it's not practical/possible then you must report to a police station in person within 24 hours.

I think he's nailed on for the second part. He will likely get points but they could be harsh and look at a ban. It depends what points he's got and the circumstances really.
Thanks.. Sounds like it won’t be too serious then and won’t really interfere with his career.

Can’t help but feel it sets a bad example though every footie fan that has a crash drunk will do a runner now :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Definitely points and a fine potential disqualified license and the failure to stop could be a 6month sentence.

He was very likely drunk at best tipsy when this happened and there is evidence and more than enough witnesses to attest to his apparent drunkenness.
The intoxication side of things will be lost unless he was arrested and placed on an evidential machine at the police station. You can't prove he was over the limit without it. That said it won't bode well for him as it seems obvious that the reason why he didn't stop and report was because he was drunk. That's why you have to go in person to report within 24 hours although if you played it right, and avoided the police until sober, you could get round it.

Be interested to see what he did.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thanks.. Sounds like it won’t be too serious then and won’t really interfere with his career.

Can’t help but feel it sets a bad example though every footie fan that has a crash drunk will do a runner now :lol:
I think he'll get a heavy fine and points/ban.

Deery

Dreary

Yeah, I think he was definitely drunk or on something going by the photos that I saw.

Ever drunk that has a crash is going to do a runner now if he gets off with points.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Feck his career he drunk drove in a heavily built up residential area.

Hopefully people will realise why I’m concerned about his attitude if they release all the details.
Sorry didn't see it.

He’s nailed on the second one as several people witnessed him leaving.

I’ll have to double check about the first one. I know people saw him immediately after the event and took photos and video. I think he could slip the first depending on witnesses.

Deery

Dreary
Feck his career he drunk drove in a heavily built up residential area.
I agree it’s a very silly and dangerous thing to do, that’s why I was asking about jail time but it looks like he may have wriggled his way out of it.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The intoxication side of things will be lost unless he was arrested and placed on an evidential machine at the police station. You can't prove he was over the limit without it. That said it won't bode well for him as it seems obvious that the reason why he didn't stop and report was because he was drunk. That's why you have to go in person to report within 24 hours although if you played it right, and avoided the police until sober, you could get round it.

Be interested to see what he did.
He travelled from Barnt Green (a lovely little area) and drove to his mates for a party because he was bored. To be fair Barnt Green is as quiet as they come so get his boredom.

He got drunk in Dickens Heath and left with Tony Capaldi. Whilst drunk he scrapped into parked cars so they stopped outside a home in Dickens Heath. To be fair Dickens Heath is full of parked cars as it’s a heavily congested residential area without driveways in lots of areas. He got caught with photos and I believe there is video (but that’s not circulated as much) and was confronted by people who rang police but Grealish had left well before they turned up by doing a runner in his sliders and socks.

Now that is what happened. Whether the courts will accept the evidence as proof is another matter. I think they know the drink driving they can’t get him for due to lack of test at the scene so careless is the next best thing.

I’ll be amazed if he’s not done for both having double checked everything.

TheReligion

Abusive
He travelled from Barnt Green (a lovely little area) and drove to his mates for a party because he was bored. To be fair Barnt Green is as quiet as they come so get his boredom.

He got drunk in Dickens Heath and left with Tony Capaldi. Whilst drunk he scrapped into parked cars so they stopped outside a home in Dickens Heath. To be fair Dickens Heath is full of parked cars as it’s a heavily congested residential area without driveways in lots of areas. He got caught with photos and I believe there is video (but that’s not circulated as much) and was confronted by people who rang police but Grealish had left well before they turned up by doing a runner in his sliders and socks.

Now that is what happened. Whether the courts will accept the evidence as proof is another matter. I think they know the drink driving they can’t get him for due to lack of test at the scene so careless is the next best thing.

I’ll be amazed if he’s not done for both having double checked everything.
As I said to prove he was drunk they'd need the breath test to have been done so that's a none starter.

That said they might have CCTV of his driving which could help with the first aspect as that offence relates to the standard of driving. They may have statements of people who saw the bump but it's a question of proving his driving was careless. It will be difficult I think.

Very silly thing to do. Wonder what he's said to the police. That's important too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We need him and Sancho.
Yep imagine when we're starting Pogba and Fernandes together, what options do we have from the bench then? Fred? McTominay? Matic? God forbid Lingard or Andreas. Need options and game changers

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I think for the money he’d cost we could do a lot better

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why the hell did villa play him right wing? He was awful there.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
He was unbelievably annoying today. Not because of his quality on the ball but because he goes down under the slightest contact and the ref always bought it. I think he "won" 10 free kicks today and that was the only danger Villa really caused us.

I suppose drawing loads of fouls is a useful asset to have if he moves to a top team, but holy shit is it annoying to play against him.

Based Adnan

He was unbelievably annoying today. Not because of his quality on the ball but because he goes down under the slightest contact and the ref always bought it. I think he "won" 10 free kicks today and that was the only danger Villa really caused us.

I suppose drawing loads of fouls is a useful asset to have if he moves to a top team, but holy shit is it annoying to play against him.
You won't be surprised to hear he's the most fouled player in the league

criticalanalysis

:lol:

Not that I'm comparing them although they have similar qualities but you seem to forget you had Hazard in your team..

Devil may care

Hazard was very similar in fairness.

You won't be surprised to hear he's the most fouled player in the league
That used to be Hazard's stat.

Lennon7

Who would you bring in?
Havertz, Van de Beek, Zainolo amongst others if we’re after more attacking midfielders. But I think we should be going for holding midfielders 100%. Bruno and Pogba are all we ever need going forward.

Van de Beek would offer cover as a holding midfielder and an attacking one. He’d be like the best upgrade on Pereira.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Havertz, Van de Beek, Zainolo amongst others if we’re after more attacking midfielders. But I think we should be going for holding midfielders 100%. Bruno and Pogba are all we ever need going forward.

Van de Beek would offer cover as a holding midfielder and an attacking one. He’d be like the best upgrade on Pereira.
I think our squad long term is going to need both types of player.

Van De Beek would be brilliant creative CM cover and someone with Grealish’s skill set would be lovely as a wide option too.

Lennon7

I think our squad long term is going to need both types of player.

Van De Beek would be brilliant creative CM cover and someone with Grealish’s skill set would be lovely as a wide option too.
We need an out and out winger for the right. We’ve not had a proper winger, meaning that’s their best position, for years. Maybe Rashford is becoming that on the left but I’m sure he’d still argue he wants to play upfront.

Dorris

This is exactly what Hazard does. It’s a skill, protects the ball unbelievably well then goes down when he feels contact.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
We need an out and out winger for the right. We’ve not had a proper winger, meaning that’s their best position, for years. Maybe Rashford is becoming that on the left but I’m sure he’d still argue he wants to play upfront.
At this point it’s a given we need a RW. I don’t feel it needs saying tbh I’m assuming we sort that with Sancho.

I also think a creative CM like DVB would take a lot of pressure off Pogba and Fernandes as a nice alternative. Fred and McTominay aren’t consistently inventive in that sense but are terrific options.

Someone like Grealish would offer the ball skills and creativity from LW as an alternative to Rashfords more direct game. I don’t want Grealish myself but a player of that ilk. A bit like Juan Mata’s role from RW.

Smores

For all the positions we need to fill he doesn't play in any of them. If Pogba goes this summer then maybe but otherwise he's not a good fit for our current circumstances.

eire-red

If Villa get relegated, would definitely take him for 30-40m. The drop in quality when you look at our bench and see Pereira and Lingard is worrying. To compete, you need 14/15 core players who are crucial or important to the first team. Grealish would easily fit that role, maybe not a guaranteed starter but a definite important squad member.

Any more than 45m though and its steep for not a guaranteed starter, but you look at City and ask Pep would he rather have Bernardo Silva as an option or pass because he already has KDB, David Silva and Mahrez etc for similar roles?

Grealish is probably nowhere near Silva's level, but Villa are a shambles and I would like to see him in a team that dominates the ball more often. He's feeding off scraps at the moment.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
£30m tops for me. I think he'll be a better player in a better team but I don't see him starting regularly for United so spending more than that would not be value IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.