Jack Rodwell | Sold to City

Smores

Never particularly impressed me when I've seen him play, intrigued why everyone else has such a high opinion of him.

Even the everton fans I've spoke to don't rate him as highly as some in this thread.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Man City and Spurs also in for him apparently. No mention of us

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can't really see where he fits in unless they have no faith whatsoever in Romeu staying.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be honest I think we were always in the running until we picked up Jones.
Jones has nothing to do with him tbh. Oh and If we bid for him, then I'm confident that he'll sign for us, given our record with English players plus the likes of Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, Danny have all played with him in U21.

towcester_red

Jones has nothing to do with him tbh. Oh and If we bid for him, then I'm confident that he'll sign for us, given our record with English players plus the likes of Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, Danny have all played with him in U21.
Given how Jones has progressed, I still doubt we are now in the running for Rodwell.

KM

Given how Jones has progressed, I still doubt we are now in the running for Rodwell.
Jones main position will be center back though, Fergie always has been a fan of Rodwell. Can't see him not bidding for him, If Everton are willing to sell.

towcester_red

Jones main position will be center back though, Fergie always has been a fan of Rodwell. Can't see him not bidding for him, If Everton are willing to sell.
People have always said the same about Rodwell ending up as a centre back. I think they are quite similiar.

We need to invest in midfield but not on Rodwell, imo.

KM

People have always said the same about Rodwell ending up as a centre back. I think they are quite similiar.

We need to invest in midfield but not on Rodwell, imo.
They're not similar at all. For starters Rodwell hasn't played at center back in senior football, I think all Rodwell will be turned into a center back stuff came from Moyes who said this once in his interview. In the last few seasons, he has played as an advanced midfielder and now as the holding midfielder.

I rate him, I think he can be a complete midfielder. His technique is good plus he's fast and strong. He has improved for Everton this season aswell and finally looks like the injury problems which hampered him have gone away.

towcester_red

They're not similar at all. For starters Rodwell hasn't played at center back in senior football, I think all Rodwell will be turned into a center back stuff came from Moyes who said this once in his interview. In the last few seasons, he has played as an advanced midfielder and now as the holding midfielder.

I rate him, I think he can be a complete midfielder. His technique is good plus he's fast and strong. He has improved for Everton this season aswell and finally looks like the injury problems which hampered him have gone away.
Have you seen that much of him? Honestly?

I think you are slightly overating him.

Honestly think given the way Jones has played in midfield has ended any interest we had in Rodwell and its no coincidence our name isnt in the hat.

KM

Have you seen that much of him? Honestly?

I think you are slightly overating him.

Honestly think given the way Jones has played in midfield has ended any interest we had in Rodwell and its no coincidence our name isnt in the hat.
Yes I've seen him that much(I don't know what constitutes that much but have seen him 20 odd times since the last season and numerous times before that)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
tend to agree with Towcester

Jones is performing the same role at the moment so would be kinda pointless spending the money in that area

however, I do rate Rodwell and believe he has the potential to be a top player, injuries permitting

Ekeke

Prefer Romeu to be honest so like Brwned said, its hard to see where Rodwell would fit in unless Romeu is off to Barcelona what with his contract situation and all. If that were the case he'd be a good replacement.

Donut

I can see Fergie being interested. Our interest is well documented and Fergie might see him too good to miss out, same as Rooney and Jones.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I don't see why Rodwell and Jones couldn't compliment each other in midfield.

I'd quite like us to sign him. What a frighteningly good core of young talents that would give us: De Gea, Smalling, Evans, Rafael, Fabio, Rodwell, Jones, Cleverley, Morrison, Welbeck, Macheda. That's a potential XI for a future decade, with a few other young kids in the mix and some first teamers who are still only just entering their mid-twenties too.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Times reporting we're interested. With our injury issues in both midfield, and defence it's understandable why these rumours have resurfaced. Rodwell is reputed to be comfortable in a number of positions where injuries are an issue.

KM

For what it's worth, Barkley got completely outplayed by Pogba whn they met in the reserves a few weeks ago.
Agreed. It was a man vs boy sorta competition.

Hope we sign Rodwell though, great talent.

Ringo 07

Times reporting we're interested. With our injury issues in both midfield, and defence it's understandable why these rumours have resurfaced. Rodwell is reputed to be comfortable in a number of positions where injuries are an issue.
Times are usually slightly more credile than the rest of the rags.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Hasn't Barkley just signed a new contract?
Yeah he signed a four year deal I think last week. It was a little surprising because the week before he signed he was saying he wasn't getting enough chances to play in the first team.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don't even know why they got Pienaar in the first place. But regarding Rodwell, there is definitely potential there but he has played in three different positions in a short space of time - defense, defensive midfield and then attacking mid for a little while. At least this season he is not as injured as the previous ones.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Phil Neville said something recently along the lines of Rodwell being the most talented youngster he has ever played with and has the potential to be a superstar.

My friend's an Evertonian and his Dad writes for The Echo in Liverpool. He is adamant that it will be a battle between United and Chelski for his signature - and as early as this January.

Diablodave

Lots of rumours circulating amongst Everton fans on their forums that Gibson was used as a downpayment/deposit on Rodwell. Apparently the main reason, we didn't disclose any fees at all.

Are we usually this secretive when it comes to receiving a fee for a player?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Lots of rumours circulating amongst Everton fans on their forums that Gibson was used as a downpayment/deposit on Rodwell. Apparently the main reason, we didn't disclose any fees at all.

Any deals from recent memory are "undisclosed" via the club, it is usually just leaked by the press or by the club who sold the player, or who bought a player off us.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Bullshit IMO. We may well be in for Rodwell at some point but if it was part of any deal then Rodwell would already be here. Why wait until the Summer?

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Can I just ask again, is he any good?

He always looks a nice athlete and a smooth sort of player, but what does he actually do?

Not saying he's not an excellent player, I'm genuinely asking, I haven't really seen him enough to know.

Diablodave

Bullshit IMO. We may well be in for Rodwell at some point but if it was part of any deal then Rodwell would already be here. Why wait until the Summer?
I thought the same....Just in reading into it, their itks reckoned Moyes doesn't wanna lose him mid season and is resigned to losing him in summer