Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The Deja vu just keeps on happening.

This was exactly what journos where saying about us last year. Had multiple deals in the works but where in no rush etc etc etc.

The we fecked the whole window. Worrying.

To be honest, what concerned me last summer was the opposite, apart from Sancho there was almost radio silence regarding other targets until the last few days of the window.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

This was exactly what journos where saying about us last year. Had multiple deals in the works but where in no rush etc etc etc.

No news to report so just state the obvious/recycle old news. We all knew that when the Euros started things wouldn't go as quickly. Just because things don't get back to the press doesn't mean that there's nothing happening. It just means that those who leak to the twitter press likely haven't been told of anything happening.

It's a waiting game, nothing more, nothing less

RkkMan

Last summer the general consensus was that the gap between Utd's valuation and BVB was huge and Utd saw the fee as "unrealistic"
This time the valuation was much smaller with Utd willing to pay and BVB willing to compromise with the consensus from both Germany and England being a deal will be done. It's frustrating but Utd were always going to haggle the deal will be done

laughtersassassin

Last summer the general consensus was that the gap between Utd's valuation and BVB was huge and Utd saw the fee as "unrealistic"
This time the valuation was much smaller with Utd willing to pay and BVB willing to compromise with the consensus from both Germany and England being a deal will be done. It's frustrating but Utd were always going to haggle the deal will be done
This time last year the general thought was we'd get him eventually. In August it became iffy but even then We briefed we had agreed terms and where hopeful. The Sancho sage really messed up our last window.

Can't let it happen again.

laughtersassassin

Rio's thoughts on Sancho

"They should have got him last summer and they need to get him this summer. He's English, hungry, talented, has got it all - and he's only 21. It's a no-brainer. You go and get him."

Offsideagain

Another day, another pile of bollocks spoken about Sancho. It will turn into another shitshow unless United just pay the bloody money. They can make up the difference in the valuation in shirt sales and a payoff if Palace sell Zaha for £40m plus.

laughtersassassin

Another day, another pile of bollocks spoken about Sancho. It will turn into another shitshow unless United just pay the bloody money. They can make up the difference in the valuation in shirt sales and a payoff if Palace sell Zaha for £40m plus.

After a £40million bid for Ben White has been rejected there is no way Dortmund will lower a £77 million fee for Sancho. He is easily worth more that double Ben White.

RkkMan

This time last year the general thought was we'd get him eventually. In August it became iffy but even then We briefed we had agreed terms and where hopeful. The Sancho sage really messed up our last window.

Can't let it happen again.
That was the "general thought" without any concrete evidence it would be the case. BVB's price and stance after the deadline was clear and Utd's stance on an "unrealistic" fee and walking away was also clear so it was all hope rather than anything tangible happening the only similarity was personal terms agreed
This time the gap in valuation is much smaller than last year, it's clear BVB are willing to compromise with add ons as per German reports and most importantly Utd are willing to pay no talk of us seeing the fee as too high or walking away just a matter of time before it's done

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I genuinely think if Sir Alex didn't retire, Powell would have flourished? Zaha too.

Ah well, one of those what ifs...
Not Zaha.Woy couldn’t do that much with him. One good game every 15.
Powell is a curious one, we’ve had a few here who looked like they could go on: Keane, Wilson et al but the mentality hasn’t been there IMO

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
One doesn't need Sancho to agree the transfer fee/terms with Dortmund. The delay on account of Euros, holidays etc is only for formalising contracts and crystallizing the deal. But everything does not need to halt for that.
Nah you wanna get something signed so you know where you’re going after your holidays
No. It’s always better to sort out your future and career as soon as possible regardless of whether there is a tournament going on. This is the same player whose future was hung in entire limbo last summer and didn’t got the same move he wanted, and now it’s happening again until it can be sorted. He won’t be in need of money at all of course but perhaps you can put yourself in his shoes
You think so? Last season's nonsense wrecked him and it took a good while for him to pick himself up and get on with the business of football. Would be quite a turnaround if he's indifferent to the whole thing now - I'd think he'd want it put to bed as it must be some part a distraction to not know whether the dire actions of the last attempt won't repeat on themselves.

As far as this 'saga' goes, there doesn't seem to be much to suggest anything is happening (at least that the fans are being informed of) and unless he's being kept abreast to the contrary, how could there not be an element of doubt in his mind?

Can't help but think his age and maturity would play a hand in his thought process, personally.
well there is the not so small matter of the £100k a week or more he could be getting in wages, for every week of delay...
'Doesn't give a flying feck' was too strongly worded. Of course you are right that he will care, and will be waiting for his future to be sorted. I just think that behind the scenes, the dramaturgy of such a deal is very different than from how we construct it in our daily consumption of transfer 'news', and he has information that we don't while having a huge professional event keeping him fully occupied.
As for last season, I wouldn't actually be too sure just how much of his form struggles really were directly down to the transfer not materializing. Some maybe, but then young players have form fluctuations like that regularly.

The thing about not having to pay a couple months worth of wages when you do a transfer late did cross my mind before, it's an intriguing thought and would indeed serve as a motivation for late deals when else there is no conceivable reasoning for it. But surely the players' agents would try to figure this kind of missed income into the deals being done in some way?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
After a £40million bid for Ben White has been rejected there is no way Dortmund will lower a £77 million fee for Sancho. He is easily worth more that double Ben White.
Supply and demand works differently. You have to take into account the finances of each club, the length of the contract, the willingness of the player to leave, recent performances, how long they already spend in their clubs and their ambitions. English tax. United tax. Negotiation skills. Sometimes you can get Bruno for 38 million and Maguire for 80. ALWAYS depends on situation. it's not that straightforward.

Giggsy13

This is starting to stink of 2020. If we really are playing the waiting game with Dortmund then we deserve to see one of our rivals hijack the move.

Judas

Open to offers
Aye as a Utd fan nothing would make me happier than my own team being taught a lesson by seeing a class player going to one of our rivals. It would be great.

Giggsy13

Aye as a Utd fan nothing would make me happier than my own team being taught a lesson by seeing a class player going to one of our rivals. It would be great.
Who said anyone would be happy. It’s absolute shit, but the risk our idiot owners are taking.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This is starting to stink of 2020. If we really are playing the waiting game with Dortmund then we deserve to see one of our rivals hijack the move.
Big diff are that this summer the 'deadline' is much further down the track --- and more importantly there has not been one word uttered in public by the Dortmund team. They are more 'humble' this summer.

laughtersassassin

Supply and demand works differently. You have to take into account the finances of each club, the length of the contract, the willingness of the player to leave, recent performances, how long they already spend in their clubs and their ambitions. English tax. United tax. Negotiation skills. Sometimes you can get Bruno for 38 million and Maguire for 80. ALWAYS depends on situation. it's not that straightforward.
Sancho is English.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who said anyone would be happy. It’s absolute shit, but the risk our idiot owners are taking.
Aye, the risk of not completing a gargantuan transfer within a week of the transfer window opening when there is a major national competition going is unacceptable. Those audacious fools…
I couldn’t think of anything clever to put here

sglowrider

Sancho is English.
Yes but Sancho belongs to the most expensive category -- An Englishman abroad, the expat class. The tax rate is the highest.

Last edited:

Widow

The big difference this year is Dortmund have been very quite on the subject.

Last year it felt like they gave a qoute every day. After the 'deadline' they wheeled players, staff, legends and that 'you love to see it' tweet in front of the media just to show how Sancho was now going to stay.

It's going to happen. It wouldn't surprise me if it was done and they have to arrange a medical (hard during the Euros as Southgate would winge) and the right time to announce it that gets the most exposure, clicks and likes matter!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Did SAF not see that Sancho didn’t even make the gold standard England bench which has always been the reason for United to sign a player. How can he rate such a player highly??
Southgate is an average manager that have favorites. He's not a risk taker.

Giggsy13

Aye, the risk of not completing a gargantuan transfer within a week of the transfer window opening when there is a major national competition going is unacceptable. Those audacious fools…
I couldn’t think of anything clever to put here
Been negotiating for over a year, price has dropped and been set by Dortmund, yes despite your sarcasm, it’s fairly pathetic that our club can’t come to an agreement on the fee.

northernfan

My concern with Untied's front office is that they can't seem to do 2 things at once. Do they have another option, up front, if Sancho does not sign, or do they have to wait to the very end and then grab whats left. Do they have several options at midfield or does that depend on a forward being signed. Do they have the ability to negotiate for several different CB's at one time?

zenith

For all intents and purposes, this already seems done but won't be announced anytime soon owing to the euros.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Dortmund is surprisingly quiet. That tells the whole story me thinks. If they are so sure Sancho will stay they would have rubbed it on our faces.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Dortmund is surprisingly quiet. That tells the whole story me thinks. If they are so sure Sancho will stay they would have rubbed it on our faces.
I remember them constantly mentioning about everything in the press conferences last year. Not so this year.

sglowrider

Precisely. The power equation has shifted somewhat. If it was next season, they would even be meeker with the power (equation) shifted to the player and the buying club.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The thing about not having to pay a couple months worth of wages when you do a transfer late did cross my mind before, it's an intriguing thought and would indeed serve as a motivation for late deals when else there is no conceivable reasoning for it. But surely the players' agents would try to figure this kind of missed income into the deals being done in some way?
Who the hell pays players on a weekly basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.