Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

Hopefully we’ve learned a lesson from last summer. If Dortmund set a price and a structure then meet it, or have a go at tweaking it....but if they aren’t willing to budge and we aren’t willing to match, move on. We can’t have a summer like last summer again. It would be a disaster.
A journalist in the Scandinavian United Supporters club, Bjarte Valen, has done comprehensive analysis of Uniteds economy. He concluded esrly last year that Sanch wasn’t going to happen simply because United didn’t have the financial security then, and Dortmund didn’t need to budge. He turned out to be right.

This year, he is equally sure that it will happen, because Uniteds finances have changed following consecutive CL qualifications, refinancing and consequences of covid vaccination, while Dortmund have already budged due to Sanchos contract running down.

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe Sancho doesnt fancy coming here?

I never read anything on him wanting to come here, let alone eager to come.

Maybe Dortmund was silent because there's no fecking deal.

Maybe we're silent because we're not after him.

Gotta cringe when people made formation with sancho as if he was already ours.

Dont count your chickens.
Literally was up for joining us when he was still at City, but aye baby cakes maybe you’re right.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
As long as we have permission to talk to Sancho, there's no problem agreeing personal details.
If you're given permission to talk. Then the price is already agreed.

Price agreed.
Sancho agrees term.

Why no sancho?

So no. We dont have permission to talk about contract formally with him until dortmund accept our offer.

Informally the agent could tell you how he loved to play for us and how he cried at night in his united pillow.

justsomebloke

Price agreed.
Sancho agrees term.

Why no sancho?

So no. We dont have permission to talk about contract formally with him until dortmund accept our offer.

Informally the agent could tell you how he loved to play for us and how he cried at night in his united pillow.
Because no price agreed. But Dortmund can absolutely give permission to discuss and agree personal terms with the player, even if there is no agreement on the price. Naturally that cannot be formalised in a contract until there's a deal on the fee, but you can reach an understanding.

UncleBob

Price agreed.
Sancho agrees term.

Why no sancho?

Since when did this become a magic scenario?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Pretty sure that isn’t true, I mean it is in video games :lol: but in reality I’m assuming that teams will be given permission to talk to the player before agreeing transfer fee. I might be wrong though but that’s how I’ve understood it.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Pretty sure that isn’t true, I mean it is in video games :lol: but in reality I’m assuming that teams will be given permission to talk to the player before agreeing transfer fee. I might be wrong though but that’s how I’ve understood it.
Like i said. Officially you can negotiate anything. But claiming officially sancho has agree terms without dortmund saying the bid is accepted is violating Dortmund right.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Like i said. Officially you can negotiate anything. But claiming officially sancho has agree terms without dortmund saying the bid is accepted is violating Dortmund right.
Have I missed Uniteds statement on agreeing terms with Sancho? So nothing official, is it?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
In professional team sports, tapping up (British English) or tampering (American English) is an attempt to persuade a player contracted to one team to transfer to another team, without the knowledge or permission of the player's current team. This kind of approach is often made through the player's agent

That's tapping up.

UncleBob

Er... that's the official contract works.

You must not approach the player under contract without the parent club permission?

Admitting sancho already agreed on terms is a violation.
Where is this magic requirement that the fee has to be agreed before the club can give permission

Bondi77

I just hope he plays RW against Scotland so we can see him up against Robertson and see how he fares against a FB that is not a Bundesliga turnstile.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This thread is probably going to become a lot more despairing over the next few weeks. I’m not worried this year about this not getting done fast or no other rumours popping up. Euros/WC will do that to a window. If we are still negotiating a few days before their preseason then I’ll start to get worried that we are overplaying our hand. 10/20 million in the reported difference right now. It’s on.

justsomebloke

Er... that's the official contract works.

You must not approach the player under contract without the parent club permission?

Admitting sancho already agreed on terms is a violation.
Because Dortmund gave permission, of course. Really, this is not complicated.

UncleBob

Dortmunf : we dont accept anything less than our valuation. But feel free to start contract talk with our player.
Yes? It's not like he's signing anything, it's informal talks where we know what he wants and we let them know it's not a problem.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not if they’ve given us the green light to negotiate. Which isn’t predicated on a bid being accepted.

MDFC Manager

These days nobody agrees a fee with the parent club before speaking to the player's agent and broadly agreeing terms. Or in other words, nobody puts in a bid to the parent club without actually knowing if the player is even willing to join you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In professional team sports, tapping up (British English) or tampering (American English) is an attempt to persuade a player contracted to one team to transfer to another team, without the knowledge or permission of the player's current team. This kind of approach is often made through the player's agent

That's tapping up.
It’s been going on for years, tapping up is talking directly to the players. Nowadays the players agent talks to the clubs intermediaries and they work out whether they are on the same page long before any contact between clubs. There’s no way of stopping it and every club accepts that it happens because it works both ways.

Matriac

Show me the source where dortmund says we can officially starts contract talks.
They are not going to officially say that of course, why would they? They just tell United that directly.

If they are open to selling a player it's in their interest to make sure the buying club can agree with the player.

Why would Dortmund spend time negotiating if it turns out the player is not willing to move to the buying club? (Either because of salary offered or other reasons.)

UncleBob

It’s been going on for years, tapping up is talking directly to the players. Nowadays the players agent talks to the clubs intermediaries and they work out whether they are on the same page long before any contact between clubs. There’s no way of stopping it and every club accepts that it happens because it works both ways.
Yup.

Dortmund didn't even bother to do anything in relation to Barcelona and Dembele, and that was someone they actually wanted to hold on to a bit longer.

Southampton went after Liverpool because they were unsettling VVD.

In terms of Sancho, Dortmund are more than happy to let him sod off as it will be a massive payday for them.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Seems like the same old story as every summer. People devouring tweets from random news outlets/individuals whose very agenda & existence is based around keeping the hamster wheel turning and still so many people manage to work themselves up into a frenzy over it. Its bonkers. Always easy to tell who the gullible mob are, as well as the section of fans that have gone past the point of any reasonable frustration and just don't seem to like the club very much any more.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
They are not going to officially say that of course, why would they? They just tell United that directly.

If they are open to selling a player it's in their interest to make sure the buying club can agree with the player.

Why would Dortmund spend time negotiating if it turns out the player is not willing to move to the buying club? (Either because of salary offered or other reasons.)
They're spending time?

The only sources are twitters from ITK who's reliable sources could have been some poster on the caf.

My point is that anything can happen. Stop thinking he's already ours and it's just a matter of the 10-20m difference.

UncleBob

Seems like the same old story as every summer. People devouring tweets from random news outlets/individuals whose very agenda & existence is based around keeping the hamster wheel turning and still so many people manage to work themselves up into a frenzy over it. Its bonkers. Always easy to tell who the gullible mob are, as well as the section of fans that have gone past the point of any reasonable frustration and just don't seem to like the club very much any more.
Not sure what the supposed frenzy is. In terms of Sancho, we've spent a significant amount of time to line up the signing, it goes back several years. Everyone wants a deal to happen, if it hadn't been for covid and the obvious financial disaster it would've happened last summer. I see little reason to doubt the obvious, that the personal agreement, agent fees, is not a concern and that it's a matter of agreeing fees with Dortmund. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if it doesn't it's not because we couldn't reach an agreement with the player.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Stop thinking he's already ours and it's just a matter of the 10-20m difference.
Well, that idea is based on what Dortmund themselves have stated - no? As in - not based on random ITKs on Twatter but on a statement made by Zorc last month:

They do have an agreement with Sancho (according to Zorc): he gets his move if the price is right.

Matriac

They're spending time?

The only sources are twitters from ITK who's reliable sources could have been some poster on the caf.

My point is that anything can happen. Stop thinking he's already ours and it's just a matter of the 10-20m difference.
It's not just ITK's, there are actual journalists reporting that we have offered a bid and there has been some communication back and forth. And they came out with it simultaneously so it seemed like a brief.

Of course it's not a done dealio yet, but there's a lot more progress than last year where it was just Dortmund being asked over and over again what was happening with Sancho.

If the only thing you believe are official statements directly from the clubs, then I suggest for your own mental health you stay away from any threads in the transfer forum.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we don't sign him, I wonder what Dortmund's endgame is here.

It doesn't appear that anyone will come in for him except us this summer. He has 2 years on his contract so next summer they will probably start a bidding war but it's unlikely to reach the amount it is now. Perhaps they are ready to forego a few million in order to get another season out of Sancho.

They could sell in January in the hopes we'll come in more desperately if we're not doing great.

8thWonder

I just hope he plays RW against Scotland so we can see him up against Robertson and see how he fares against a FB that is not a Bundesliga turnstile.
Just like when Kane came up against Caleta-Car the other day against Croatia and was quiet, proving he wouldn't be able to cut it in Ligue 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.