Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nothing imminent then. After the Euros it is.
I'm astounded some people are surprised by this.

Every international tournament we hear soundbites about how the summer tournament makes it "difficult" to get business done until much later in the window.
Then you add that to our love of a drawn out big signing drama, and there was no way this was getting done in June!

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Every international tournament we hear soundbites about how the summer tournament makes it "difficult" to get business done until much later in the window.
Then you add that to our love of a drawn out big signing drama, and there was no way this was getting done in June!
100% agree. This year seems a to be a bit of a weird one though. Players moving and doing medicals during the tournament which in the past has been a rarity. I really hope we're working on stuff behind the scenes and not just waiting until the end of the euros. Given our track record, particularly over the last 2 or 3 seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Gazza

"Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."
Bless.

Bondi77

Just like when Kane came up against Caleta-Car the other day against Croatia and was quiet, proving he wouldn't be able to cut it in Ligue 1...
If you are proven in a strong league it is common sense to think that you will be successful in a weaker one......it is optimistic to think it will work in reverse.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
"Subject to Rule T.7, a contract player, either by himself or by any person on his behalf, shall not either directly or indirectly make any such approach as is referred to in Rule T.5 without having obtained the prior written consent of his club."
Do you actually believe that clubs don't unofficially work out all the wages and bonuses with the agents before launching their bids to try to sign the player? Because in that case why aren't we constantly hearing about clubs agreeing fees only for the transfers to fall through because the player doesn't actually want to move or refuses to sign for what the buying club is willing to offer? Or even when the deal does happen, the clubs would agree their fees then there would be more negotiations for another week or so between the buying club and the player. Instead the deals always happen almost instantly as soon as the two clubs come to an agreement.

They don't do it openly (unless the selling club does give permission which can happen), but of course it happens in the background. Every club knows it, every club does it. If you think otherwise then I've got an island in the Pacific Ocean I'd love to sell you for cheap.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
100% agree. This year seems a to be a bit of a weird one though. Players moving and doing medicals during the tournament which in the past has been a rarity. I really hope we're working on stuff behind the scenes and not just waiting until the end of the euros. Given our track record, particularly over the last 2 or 3 seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

There's always the hope we've been busy working on stuff! But it always feels like we start wondering who to target when the main choice doesn't come off. Not as mad as the post Fergie few years, but still not perfect.

It helps Sancho is at least in England for this tournament, but we'll still have to wait. It's to be seen if he actually gets near the pitch first.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I do wonder what happens when it all goes quiet in the media, I have this vision of Dortmund waiting by the phone waiting for our reply :lol:

I mean do offers get rejected and the selling club then just doesn't hear anything further until the next offer goes in or is their continue dialogue and if there is what on Earth are they discussing for days/weeks on end? Would love to know the ins and outs of it all

Judas

Open to offers
I do wonder what happens when it all goes quiet in the media, I have this vision of Dortmund waiting by the phone waiting for our reply :lol:

I mean do offers get rejected and the selling club then just doesn't hear anything further until the next offer goes in or is their continue dialogue and if there is what on Earth are they discussing for days/weeks on end? Would love to know the ins and outs of it all
Love to see the WhatsApp group chat, Zorc sending Woody the clock emoji, alongside the rolling eyes emoji.

Bondi77

Gotta feel sorry for the young man as he just wants to come back to England. Maybe he will start to do a Pogba if Dortmund do not drop the ridiculous asking fee.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

It's gone quiet because they've got actual football to report on rather than made up transfer rumours.

Zen86

Gotta feel sorry for the young man as he just wants to come back to England. Maybe he will start to do a Pogba if Dortmund do not drop the ridiculous asking fee.
Maybe he should trot out the old slavery line that Ronaldo used to favour

choccy77

United will do all their summer signings between August 28th and September 1st, but not necessarily 2021

roseguy64

Which medicals have taken place by players involved? I would only assume Wijnaldum but he's on a free so probably wanted it wrapped up in case of an injury.

Infra-red

Anyone else thinking that Woodward could bow out with a spectacular f*ck up here..?
United take 2 years on this deal and Chelsea swoop in and get the deal done in a week...:lol::lol::lol:
Certainly possible, but that would surely be contingent on them selling Ziyech/Pulisic first.

They seem to be shopping Ziyech around, without any takers.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Certainly possible, but that would surely be contingent on them selling Ziyech/Pulisic first.

Nah, Sancho to United is going to happen this summer, can't see it not happening, that would be too weird.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Do you actually believe that clubs don't unofficially work out all the wages and bonuses with the agents before launching their bids to try to sign the player? Because in that case why aren't we constantly hearing about clubs agreeing fees only for the transfers to fall through because the player doesn't actually want to move or refuses to sign for what the buying club is willing to offer? Or even when the deal does happen, the clubs would agree their fees then there would be more negotiations for another week or so between the buying club and the player. Instead the deals always happen almost instantly as soon as the two clubs come to an agreement.

They don't do it openly (unless the selling club does give permission which can happen), but of course it happens in the background. Every club knows it, every club does it. If you think otherwise then I've got an island in the Pacific Ocean I'd love to sell you for cheap.
Maybe if you read what i wrote.

I said officially they can't claim sancho has agreed terms. Officially.

I also said that unofficially everyone can talk to the players agents.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Today is not a big day folks. Big day is cancelled.

Judas

Open to offers

It is certainly possible, like most things in life, its quite obviously not happening though, is it? Imagine STILL being worried about Chelsea signing Sancho :lol: how do some of you even leave the house with so much fear inside you.

Status
Not open for further replies.