Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

So that guy tweets the RN story was nothing new and now says it was something new. Then goes on to act like he's been briefed on the new bid :lol:

Who is this guy?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So that guy tweets the RN story was nothing new and now says it was something new. Then goes on to act like he's been briefed on the new bid :lol:

Who is this guy?
He's referring to reports from Sky Sport Germany about the latest offer. I don't know if RN were necessarily referring to the improved offer as the first one.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Getting on the wagon late and confirming the second bid everyone confirmed hours ago, but now adding his own exclusive info. Smells of bullshit. Just hedging his bet that Dortmund will ask for more, which seems where the smart money will be. The whole “United don’t know how good he is”, is the dumbest line ever. Obviously they know how good he is which is why they’ve chased him for two years and are willing to stump up 80 odd million for his signature.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
So now we should ban tweets based on likeable they are - rather than how reliable they are ? :)
Reliability is not really a category to describe Fjortoft's tweets with - the guy is not a journalist, he's not reporting anything, he just repeats, regurgitates, stuff he 'hears' in a rather irritating mixture of naive innocence and click-baiting gamesmanship. Which usually is stuff we can read simultaneously either in news reports or from tweets of his Romano and Falk buddies so there's never any news value. He doesn't 'know' anything in the sense a journalist would find out and provide information for the rest of mankind.
I think he should be banned from the transfer tweets thread since he's not a proper source, apart from that, he's ok if you want to gauge the more folkloristic part of a tranfer saga.

WPMUFC

He's referring to reports from Sky Sport Germany about the latest offer. I don't know if RN were necessarily referring to the improved offer as the first one.
He posted earlier in the day that the RN story was not new and RN was essentially repeating his "breaking news" from earlier in the week.

Yet the story from RN came out that a bid was being looked at, then a flurry of UK reports etc saying the same thing, now he's correcting himself (and his correcting tweet links to his tweet about RN being wrong).

It's fair enough to admit a correction, but now we have to question whether the rejection part of his story is accurate.

Last edited:

FatTails

Probably has been asked a 100 times so forgive me here. Why can’t he get into the England team? Has he generally been poor when played for the NT or just Southgate doesn’t fancy him?

Getting on the wagon late and confirming the second bid everyone confirmed hours ago, but now adding his own exclusive info. Smells of bullshit. Just hedging his bet that Dortmund will ask for more, which seems where the smart money will be. The whole “United don’t know how good he is”, is the dumbest line ever. Obviously they know how good he is which is why they’ve chased him for two years and are willing to stump up 80 odd million for his signature.
There’s stuff only the club he plays for will realise and probably more about how good he can become. Not comparing talent, but imagine Ronaldo, by 22 we all knew he very good, would become a world class winger, but only the staff at United would have seen his personality, dedication, training, the stuff he did in training matches, and realised he’d probably become even better then what most other clubs had his max ability at.

The United

Probably has been asked a 100 times so forgive me here. Why can’t he get into the England team? Has he generally been poor when played for the NT or just Southgate doesn’t fancy him?
Who knows? And, who the heck cares tbh?

We only have to worry if he can perform for us. Performances of players in international tournaments generally means nothing for performing for clubs.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Why does every transfer that involves Dortmund also involves them taking sly digs at those who are pursuing their players?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
"First bid never reached Dortmund" to "improved offer".

Don't know who to trust these days.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
There’s stuff only the club he plays for will realise and probably more about how good he can become. Not comparing talent, but imagine Ronaldo, by 22 we all knew he very good, would become a world class winger, but only the staff at United would have seen his personality, dedication, training, the stuff he did in training matches, and realised he’d probably become even better then what most other clubs had his max ability at.
Not really the point I was making. More that Berger was making it sound like we’d put in some derisory offer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Romano and Jan were wrong it seems. And that tweet about our low being too low/us not valuing Sancho high enough sums this saga up. Constant posturing and disagreement between two clubs

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He posted earlier in the day that the RN story was not new and RN was essentially repeating his "breaking news" from earlier in the week.

Yet the story from RN came out that a bid was being looked at, then a flurry of UK reports etc saying the same thing, now he's correcting himself (and his correcting tweet links to his tweet about RN being wrong).

It's fair enough to admit a correction, but now we have to question whether the rejection part of his story is accurate.
So Romano and Jan were wrong it seems. And that tweet about our low being too low/us not valuing Sancho high enough sums this saga up. Constant posturing and disagreement between two clubs
From what I've seen, everyone seems to be in different stages when it comes to the Sancho situation. Adrian Kajumba is clearly getting the latest info, and then the rest in England get it when they want to/can. The German media outlets and journalists seem to be the furthest behind, and then there's Romano, who seems to be getting info from a German source instead of an English one. Jan himself doesn't seem to be getting any info; he Tweets about what the German media have already reported whilst following up with his own comments.

When Sven Westerschulze of Bild reported the 70 + 8 proposal (Berger repeating it; RN saying there was no offer yet), Kajumba and Whitwell were reporting the 78 + 9 proposal (i.e. the first formal offer), whilst Simon Stone reported the 70 + 8 (the unofficial proposal).

RN reported today that Dortmund got the first formal United offer and are considering it (i.e. 78 + 9). Kajumba's report on the 78 + 9 offer also stated that Dortmund were considering it. Remember, when reports came out about the 70 + 8 bid, RN dismissed them. Patrick Berger initially thought that RN were reporting the 70 + 8 offer, which is why he made that first Tweet today. He then followed up after getting info about the 78 + 9 offer, which is why he said that it was still not enough. Interestingly enough, he didn't even report the amount, just like RN.

None of the German outlets have any info on United's improved offer beyond the first formal 78 + 9 offer except for Sky Sport Germany (who seem to be getting their info from Sky Sports in England). Overall, it seems like the German outlets are behind in their reports (probably by design), so if they report anything, it won't be the latest info.

Overall, if we want to know this saga's latest status, we have to rely on the English journalists. We won't be getting any updated info from the German ones + Romano.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He hasn't been particularly good for England in his previous games to be fair, but more likely its Southgate who doesn't favour him as much as we all do. To Southgate, its Sterling>Foden>Rashford>Grealish>Sancho. So yeh, Sancho is the least of his preference.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I remember one incidence with mikhi. Iirc thats when I knew the mentality of that cretin of the club. They think being so obnoxious makes them suddenly not a selling club i guess.
Mki was also with United. I'm wondering if they act like that to other Club also, or just because how we deal with transfer.

Yakuza_devils

In times like this we really need a Raiola kind of agent who throw chairs at Dortmund board during transfer discussion.

Relax, just kidding.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I watched clip of Sancho's video on talksport that he said he doesn't drink beer (not yet). Well, that's good, footballer taking care himself and we are trying to sign this guy.

Judas

Open to offers
:lol: journalist on twitter special this, got something wrong after acting so certain, but to then try and win back a bit of ITK credibility throws in a spicy little "exclusive" to try and seem ahead of things again after being woefully wrong. It's so textbook.

Happy Sancho Sunday!

Marcus

:lol: journalist on twitter special this, got something wrong after acting so certain, but to then try and win back a bit of ITK credibility throws in a spicy little "exclusive" to try and seem ahead of things again after being woefully wrong. It's so textbook.

Happy Sancho Sunday!
Wasn't Patrick Berger the name of some crap Liverpool player? Not the same guy I suppose.

SATA

For the English journos, The Athletic have been very quiet so far since the reported first bid went in and was rejected. I tend to trust them as they have real and credible links to the club and they generally don’t spew rubbish. Another one is James Ducker too. The rest are just on the wagon flow

cyberman

I genuinely thought it was the same guy- turns out he’s just a random attention seeking journalist
Yep, just a randon journo getting pushed forward on here. We seem to pick 1 journo out of a hat every year and pretend he's credible.

prateik

Do we know what Dortmunds valuation is ?
Is it 95m euros with add ons included or 95m + add ons?

If its the latter, its not happening.. might as well move on now.

dal

I really don’t think Southgate has favourites, Kane’s touch was off and he subbed him.

He’s Playing Sterling and Rashford has hardly featured yet whom he did favour.

———————Rashford———————
Grealish———Foden———-Sancho
————Rice——-Mount——————

We should consider something like this against Czech Republic.

Gives some players a rest aswell and at least we know where we are at by the round of 16.

BlackShark_80

Do we know what Dortmunds valuation is ?
Is it 95m euros with add ons included or 95m + add ons?

If its the latter, its not happening.. might as well move on now.
RN: 95m + add ons. The rest like Bild, Berger, English journos: 90m + add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.