Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

I see, I was always under the impression that prices were hashed out in negotiations before an official bid is launched. I.e. the bid is just a formality at that point.
Oh I see what you mean sorry. Well there's offers and formal bids and a fair amount in between.

Some posters seem very definitive about the whole process when we really don't know exactly what is happening and are totally dependent on hearsay

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Klopp also wanted him when he left City. He asked the Liverpool board if they could get Sancho. The reply was English clubs don’t sell to their domestic rivals apart from Spurs.
Cool story, and it feeds well into your perpetual self-mystification, but if any English club really had wanted him, they could have supported Sancho to possibly defend his unilateral termination of the scholarship contract at City in court.
Because the reality is, Sancho had already terminated his scholarship contract when BVB signed him, they were just wary of the length of a possible arbitration proceeding and had more leverage to force a fee agreement with City than the English clubs had.

In then end, English clubs just didn't want to risk the hassle as Sancho had the reputation of being a bad apple.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Cool story, and it feeds well into your perpetual self-mystification, but if any English club really had wanted him, they could have supported Sancho to possibly defend his unilateral termination of the scholarship contract at City in court.
Because the reality is, Sancho had already terminated his scholarship contract when BVB signed him, they were just wary of the length of a possible arbitration proceeding and had more leverage to force a fee agreement with City than the English clubs had.

In then end, English clubs just didn't want to risk the hassle as Sancho had the reputation of being a bad apple.
:rolleyes:
https://www.kicker.de/wir-haetten-keine-chance-gehabt-sancho-zu-kriegen-742671/artikel

dal

England should play Rashford, Sancho and Grealish behind The striker so we can get a flavour of how they may fair for us next season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Did you even read what I wrote? :lol:
Yes your post had the usual tone of your BDL inferiority complex. I just wrote what I remembered Klopp saying and provided the source after your nonsensical reply.

hubbuh

:lol:

As long as neither of you mentions elephants I think we'll be alright...
you fecker!:lol:

Ever since that elephant ran off with Hannibal on it I’m not sure if I’m on Twitter or the Caf anymore!

Sancho is coming home and it’s going to be glorious! If there’s only a few million in it, it’ll be done within the week.
:lol: fecking elephants will be the end of the 'caf I'm telling ye.

Amen to that, it's in the bag mate.

Teja

Think it's done. Probably holding off because the marketing guys need to make a fancy video announcing he signed.

The sooner England get knocked out, the sooner we'll have our boy.

choccy77

Easy answer that.

- Chelsea are stocked with players in his positions
- Liverpool cant afford him
- City have Guardiola and i think there's a badblood between them
- Barca are broke
- Madrid eyeing another expensive targets (Mbappe & Halaand)

To tell you the truth the price Dortmund set for Sancho can only be meet by selective rich clubs like United, if we waited for another year i can see clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool coming in too.
Good points, I hope its a deal and player that comes good.

bosskeano

Buy Grealish just like that? Villa or the player don't get a say in the matter, I suppose?

In that case, as we are deciding everything, are we setting the price as well? Or are we going to let Villa do so?

Some United supporters are so arrogant that they assume we can decide to buy a player and, bingo!, he's automatically ours.

take a breath and maybe drink some decaf as it was a suggestion and as said a show of intent for both backing Ole and showing by the glazers they want to get United back to the top and winning trophies.

Hell, this thread of 178 pages about the intent of buying Sancho that is what transfers are about and quite honestly why forums like this exist.

If that in bold were the case, we wouldn't be where we are now 179 pages in. United are a massive club and should have the finances to buy any player but that certainly doesn't imply that a club will alwasy be willing to sell a player of interest hence you end up with transfer sagas like this and massive speculation.

Hulksmash

Rumours in Germany that United and Dortmund have finally reached a agreement.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Think it's done. Probably holding off because the marketing guys need to make a fancy video announcing he signed.

“Anyone played a Uke while doing keepie-uppies yet? No? Thought not. Okay. Jadon...? We had this idea... at first it might sound corny, but we have this drone pilot...”

MattofManchester

Please don't tell me he can play the piano.

No more pianos, please.

Teja

“Anyone played a Uke while doing keepie-uppies yet? No? Thought not. Okay. Jadon...? We had this idea... at first it might sound corny, but we have this drone pilot...”
I'll admit it I absolutely loved the Sanchez piano video and Pogba + Stormzy.

Oh what could've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.