Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

Where are the people who wanted us to shell out 20m more ?

I think we're still 10m more than what he's worth, £65m would be an appropriate price.
Here, he would have been pretty handy last season, and the money saved is roughly what our owners took out last season.

I'd rather have over spent last season tbh, and be looking at improving other areas this summer.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Where are the people who wanted us to shell out 20m more ?

I think we're still 10m more than what he's worth, £65m would be an appropriate price.
If Sancho is only worth 65m to you, I wonder what Pepe is worth? Didn't Arsenal sign him for over 70m, near enough what we're paying for a young and infinitely more talented player.

lsd

The Oracle
Here, he would have been pretty handy last season, and the money saved is roughly what our owners took out last season.

I'd rather have over spent last season tbh, and be looking at improving other areas this summer.

The money saved went on Pellistri and Amad. We are out more money waiting a year

SinNombre

The money saved went on Pellistri and Amad. We are out more money waiting a year
Amad fully looks worth the money and more. One of the best teenage talents in european football right now.

How is that a problem?

Momsbasement

Supports
Sydney FC
The close to Dortmund Sources all spoke of 90m€ + 20m€ addons yesterday. Sky usually has no good sources regarding Dortmund. Will be interesting to see what they will get (maybe Dortmund will have to make it public because of their structure)

C'est Moi Cantona

It wasn't saved though, it just wasn't spent on Sancho, we could have not signed those two and no one would have been bothered, or signed them and the Glazers not had their money for a year.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
For the reported fees it really vindicates the decision to pull out last season. Fair play.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The close to Dortmund Sources all spoke of 90m€ + 20m€ addons yesterday. Sky usually has no good sources regarding Dortmund. Will be interesting to see what they will get (maybe Dortmund will have to make it public because of their structure)
Not a prayer we’re paying €110m.

All the talk has been €85m + 5/10 in addons

It wasn't saved though, it just wasn't spent on Sancho, we could have not signed those two and no one would have been bothered, or signed them and the Glazers not had their money for a year.
Of course it was saved for fecks sake. That's like saying I didn't save on my house by offering 20k under the asking price and then spending the 20k on my new extension.

Momsbasement

Supports
Sydney FC
Any links? All I've seen is the 85-90 million euros figure from German sources.
Ruhrnachrichten for example had it in their print version. the online version which came yesterday is behind a paywall. the framing in germany the whole time was that dortmund wants 90m fixture + addons and wont go lower. But as I said maybe Dortmund has to announce it anyways because it has influence on their share price and they have to announce such things because of that usually. It will be interesting to see because it would be the first time Dortmund gets less than they wanted to in the recent years. Thats pretty unusual and I dont think they will break that course because its pretty clear United would pay up in the end with the numbers being that close. the only thing I can imagine is that when its really 85m fixture that atleast 5m+ are in were easy to reach addons and can basicly be seen as guaranteed

And to edit this: the sky dortmund reports in recent years never came true. They are just jumping on the bandwagon which everyone knows will happen. So I wouldnt give anything about the numbers they are reporting

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Sky Germany reported it? Meaning it’s from Germany?
Sky Germany is usally very hit and miss in general, especially when it comes to any details so I'd be careful with taking anything at face value from them (they also don't have any notable history in regards to BVB transfers).

C'est Moi Cantona

Of course it was saved for fecks sake. That's like saying I didn't save on my house by offering 20k under the asking price and then spending the 20k on my new extension.
Not really, it's like saying we spent the money on a holiday just because we didn't want to spend what the builder had quoted for the extension we really needed, the money was still spent.

We needed Sancho last season, like we needed Maguire the season before we signed him, I never understand why fans see the saving now as some sort of victory, it benefits us in no way at all.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Not really, it's like saying we spent the money on a holiday just because we didn't want to spend what the builder had quoted for the extension we really needed, the money was still spent.

We needed Sancho last season, like we needed Maguire the season before we signed him, I never understand why fans see the saving now as some sort of victory, it benefits us in no way at all.
This sort of thing happens all the time i football. Real were chasing Ronaldo for years. They're been chasing Mbappe for years. Barca were chasing Coutinho for years. Bayern were chasing Sane for years. These big deals sometimes take multiple years. There was just a huge gap in valuation between the two clubs and it turns out Dortmund finally had to lower their demands. Thats how the market works. If you're not willing to walk away at any price you'll always get fleeced.

M4nu4Life

I heard assumed he played on the right, but by the look of it he plays on the left and likes to cut in. How does he, Rashford and Martial all play in the same side.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I heard assumed he played on the right, but by the look of it he plays on the left and likes to cut in. How does he, Rashford and Martial all play in the same side.
Martial isn’t going to play in this side

C'est Moi Cantona

This sort of thing happens all the time i football. Real were chasing Ronaldo for years. They're been chasing Mbappe for years. Barca were chasing Coutinho for years. Bayern were chasing Sane for years. These big deals sometimes take multiple years. There was just a huge gap in valuation between the two clubs and it turns out Dortmund finally had to lower their demands. Thats how the market works. If you're not willing to walk away at any price you'll always get fleeced.
I don't disagree, but there's too much fist pumping going on for the money saved, like it benefits the team directly.

We saved nothing on Maguire, and have only saved here due to circumstances we could never be sure would actually happen last year.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don't disagree, but there's too much fist pumping going on for the money saved, like it benefits the team directly.

We saved nothing on Maguire, and have only saved here due to circumstances we could never be sure would actually happen last year.
I mean I don’t think anyone it’s fist pumping? I think it’s more common sense. We spend less money on one player, we have more for another.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs

But it does. Its obvious that money comes from the overall transfer funds. In the short term it got us Amad and Pellistri (I don't think we'd have signed either if we got Sancho last year). Now we have Amad thats, been with the first team for half a season. We have a VdB thats a year into his PL career, lets see if that makes him a better player or not, but regardless having all those on top of Sancho makes us better than just getting Sancho last year. Not to mention all times we would get fleeced in the future.

C'est Moi Cantona

I mean I don’t think anyone it’s fist pumping? I think it’s more common sense. We spend less money on one player, we have more for another.
I do get that, but it's not like we ever seem to have a set budget, so personally I'd rather we'd spent the extra on Sancho last season even if it meant not getting Amad, or it had limited us a bit more this season, as having a top RW could have made so much difference last season.

Much like I'd rather we spent £60 million this summer on getting a top CB, even if we could get them for £40 million if we waited a year, as they are needed now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I do get that, but it's not like we ever seem to have a set budget, so personally I'd rather we'd spent the extra on Sancho last season even if it meant not getting Amad, or it had limited us a bit more this season, as having a top RW could have made so much difference last season.

Much like I'd rather we spent £60 million this summer on getting a top CB, even if we could get them for £40 million if we waited a year, as they are needed now.
Yep that’s also a fair point.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs

Thats easy to say when you're not responsible for the money. Its very much "next year's budget is next year me's problem"

FreddieTheReddie

Last year’s Sancho thread was the longest thread for a failed transfer. Do we have data on the shortest one for a successful transfer? Maybe this will be?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If Sancho is only worth 65m to you, I wonder what Pepe is worth? Didn't Arsenal sign him for over 70m, near enough what we're paying for a young and infinitely more talented player.
Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.