Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

James Ducker confirming no add ons. Unreal negotiating by us fair play!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What's Martial got to do with that number ?
If Martial goes, Cavani can take the 9 — otherwise he’d have to settle for a “lesser” number if we’re giving the 7 away.

kidbob

Delighted with this signing and an absolutely incredible start to the window. Hopefully just the first of a few signings in much needed positions. The lad is an absolute star already and ain't even at his peak yet!!

Edit: weirdly what I'm especially excited for is that this really opens up our ability to finally start sculpting Mason for the striker role (which is his best for me). In a couple of years we could be looking at a Sancho Mason and Marcus frontline with all having more than a decade left in their career!! Now lets get onto Camavinga and Varane and get Pogba signed on again. Its clear we realise we can't compete with City and Chelsea financially but are building a solid youth base to compete. Hell if Haaland stays at Dortmund for another year then maybe Jadon can be a factor in us having a chance at him.

Kaizane

Honestly believe this is a transformational signing, new CB or no new CB. Is it August yet!!!???

Castia

Cracking deal that

Arsenal paying 50m for Ben White whilst we’re getting Sancho for 72m!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Seems like 5m that is being reported in Germany as add on is quite difficult to reach..

Did BDE put ballon d'or clause again?

Coops73

You love to see it ! .....I’m guessing that’s already been done right?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wonder why Whitwell would report the German figure whilst Ducker and other United journalists are reporting the English figure.
Maybe he heard from German sources.
Meaningless either way. Great price.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I doubt he'll be given number 7 this time around. Will wait until after Cavani or Martial leaves.
Damn it. I had this ready to post

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
How do you spend a year negotiating add-ons and ending up with none ? :confused: Aren't 99% of transfers nowadays including addons ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How do you spend a year negotiating add-ons and ending up with none ? :confused: Aren't 99% of transfers nowadays including addons ?
Probably by offering more of the fee sooner than later; I wouldn't be surprised if that's what got the deal over the line.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I always knew Woodward was the best. Well done.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Top signing, this. Can’t believe we had a free run at him two summers in a row. Similar to the Fernandes signing in a way. Let’s hope Sancho is as influential and effective for us. :keano:

Status
Not open for further replies.