Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarUnited4ever

Maybe "a stronger, faster, more explosive Mata" doesn't sound so bad, when I think about it.
if Mata 2010-2012 was stronger and faster, i doubt Chelsea would've sold him to us, back then Mata was so so good, he still has the same technical qualities just he is done physically.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't see the Mata comparison. For me, he's a bit like Neymar.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't see the Neymar comparison. For me, he's a bit like Winston Reid.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Someone else will tweet there has been no contact between the clubs and the “news cycle” will continue. It’s most likely going to go all summer long trying to shave a few million off. The willingness of Dortmund to get a deal done this year means we can attempt to wear them down and I assume that’s what will happen. So so boring.
If United tries that (again) I could well see them missing Dortmund's deadline for the deal and therefore the transfer failing like it did last year.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If United tries that (again) I could well see them missing Dortmund's deadline for the deal and therefore the transfer failing like it did last year.
yeah I agree. I think we should have just bought him last year. We would have challenged. in a typical season the likes of Barca Real Chelsea PSG would have just went and got it done. It feels like the glazer family majorly slow us down on any deal over 50 million looking to lower the price and work very slowly to frustrate and grind down the selling club. It’s gruelling and not very effective but there you go. That’s our owners for you. The only way we will improve our efficiently and reputation in the market is if we actually start working on first team deals during the season because the glazers are always going to hold the purse strings and this is the pace they negotiate at…

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Exactly the same thing was said last week, doesn't seem like things have moved on at all
I suspect buying a multimillion pound player may be like buying a house, lots of lawyers, solicitors involved. Not as easy as buying off Amazon.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's mad how the same 3/4 pieces of info have been in circulation for 12/18 months now, and people are still biting. I'll hold my hands up, I was one of them last summer. But after that, there is no chance in hell I'm getting excited by/engaging in any positive new stories until he's holding a Utd shirt.

This has got us being hijacked last minute written all over it. Chelsea are clearly wanting to make waves in the window this season, and whether that's by inflating the Sancho price by spending crazy money on Haaland, or going for Sancho himself, I can just see us being caught napping. We'd totally deserve to be too - compared to our rivals, the speed at which we operate in the market is pathetic.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester... they're all so much more nimble than we are.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I suspect buying a multimillion pound player may be like buying a house, lots of lawyers, solicitors involved. Not as easy as buying off Amazon.
You mean there's no next day shipping and we won't be getting our Sancho tomorrow?

:(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If that was the case, Mourinho would have never sold him.
Eh? since when did Mourinho care for effort. It was all about height :drool:

I think anybody with half a brain could see Mata worked very hard for us on the wings, he never stopped chasing up and down.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't see the Gretsky comparison. For me, he's a bit like Drogba

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Don't see the Drogba comparison. For me, he's a bit like Heskey.

Kajus

For me he’s a bit like De Gea. Not capable of saving penalties.

dinostar77

I'd expect nothing to happen with this until towards the end of the window. Dortmund apparently need to sell one of their stars as they are strapped for cash. So Utd will wait until the end of the window and make an offer and try to force dortmund into a corner and accept it.

Lets face it who else would be in for him this summer? No-one else really, there really isnt much money available for clubs to spend. Its Tuchel's first window so normally Chelsea allow the manager to sign a player or two that he asks for specifically and he wants a striker and has an abundance of wide players already.

So i think it will be last week of the window if it happens at all.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's mad how the same 3/4 pieces of info have been in circulation for 12/18 months now, and people are still biting. I'll hold my hands up, I was one of them last summer. But after that, there is no chance in hell I'm getting excited by/engaging in any positive new stories until he's holding a Utd shirt.

This has got us being hijacked last minute written all over it. Chelsea are clearly wanting to make waves in the window this season, and whether that's by inflating the Sancho price by spending crazy money on Haaland, or going for Sancho himself, I can just see us being caught napping. We'd totally deserve to be too - compared to our rivals, the speed at which we operate in the market is pathetic.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester... they're all so much more nimble than we are.
Oh come on , cut this crap. How many players have been signed by our rivals ? Liverpool has been trying to sign Konate for ages now , who had a release clause. It's still not confirmed.

Leicester had matched Soumaré valuation back in March. Confirmation is still pending.

Chelsea tried for almost 2 months to sign Havertz last summer.

Bottom line - things aren't as easy as you think.

Kaos

I'd expect nothing to happen with this until towards the end of the window. Dortmund apparently need to sell one of their stars as they are strapped for cash. So Utd will wait until the end of the window and make an offer and try to force dortmund into a corner and accept it.

Lets face it who else would be in for him this summer? No-one else really, there really isnt much money available for clubs to spend. Its Tuchel's first window so normally Chelsea allow the manager to sign a player or two that he asks for specifically and he wants a striker and has an abundance of wide players already.

So i think it will be last week of the window if it happens at all.
I'd be weary of being complacent and waiting until the 11th hour to seal it.

Yes Chelsea probably aren't interested, but if the rumours in their interest for Haaland are to be believed, then them signing him would make signing Sancho impossible this summer as its unlikely Dortmund would let both players go in one window. Also, if the Scouse get rid of one of Salah or Mane, then its not impossible for them to try and hijack the Sancho deal either.

danigl

It was confirmed, what, 2 weeks ago?
Oh come on , cut this crap. How many players have been signed by our rivals ? Liverpool has been trying to sign Konate for ages now , who had a release clause. It's still not confirmed.

Leicester had matched Soumaré valuation back in March. Confirmation is still pending.

Chelsea tried for almost 2 months to sign Havertz last summer.

Bottom line - things aren't as easy as you think.

dinostar77

I'd be weary of being complacent and waiting until the 11th hour to seal it.

Yes Chelsea probably aren't interested, but if the rumours in their interest for Haaland are to be believed, then them signing him would make signing Sancho impossible this summer as its unlikely Dortmund would let both players go in one window. Also, if the Scouse get rid of one of Salah or Mane, then its not impossible for them to try and hijack the Sancho deal either.
Personally not worried by liverpool, they have a salary ceiling (Salah on 200k) which is nowhere near what Sancho has reported asked for cica 300k a week.

Unless Chelsea actually pay up the £150mil that Dortmund want, which i dont see happening when you can get him for £70mil next summer.

Anyway i might be wrong, but i might be right.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Personally not worried by liverpool, they have a salary ceiling (Salah on 200k) which is nowhere near what Sancho has reported asked for cica 300k a week.

Unless Chelsea actually pay up the £150mil that Dortmund want, which i dont see happening when you can get him for £70mil next summer.

Anyway i might be wrong, but i might be right.
Supposedly, he is on close to what Liverpool's salary ceiling already is too. Reports were he is on around £190k p/w.

ShinjiNinja26

I don’t want to see another Sancho related tweet until we’ve actually placed a bid. It’s just the same old shite rehashed over and over again for the last 18 months, “Personal terms agreed” “no official bid” “belief in both camps a deal can be done” it’s mind numbing at this point. :houllier: :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t want to see another Sancho related tweet until we’ve actually placed a bid. It’s just the same old shite rehashed over and over again, “Personal terms agreed” “no official bid” “belief in both camps a deal can be done” it’s mind numbing at this point. :houllier: :lol:
Big day today

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don’t want to see another Sancho related tweet until we’ve actually placed a bid. It’s just the same old shite rehashed over and over again for the last 18 months, “Personal terms agreed” “no official bid” “belief in both camps a deal can be done” it’s mind numbing at this point. :houllier: :lol:
Ridiculous isn't it. No other club has these stories pumped out, but it's our fault for buying into them.

How the feck is the "belief a deal can be done" newsworthy or verifiable. It's a complete non-headline. Any deal "could" be done if a team spent mad amounts on any player. They're just stating market facts dressed up as groundbreaking insight.

dinostar77

Supposedly, he is on close to what Liverpool's salary ceiling already is too. Reports were he is on around £190k p/w.
If hes gonna move he will want a payrise, big difference between 200k and 300k especially after tax.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ridiculous isn't it. No other club has these stories pumped out, but it's our fault for buying into them.

How the feck is the "belief a deal can be done" newsworthy or verifiable. It's a complete non-headline. Any deal "could" be done if a team spent mad amounts on any player. They're just stating market facts dressed up as groundbreaking insight.
Maybe you should stay out of the transfer forum? Like, for your own health and sanity.

ShinjiNinja26

Aye it does your head in, but it’s Utd and they know anything Utd related gets the clicks even if it’s the same old info worded slightly differently to appear like a new update. It must be great working as a sports “journalist” easiest job ever with your main source being Twitter.

largelyworried

Exactly the same thing was said last week, doesn't seem like things have moved on at all
The Athletic just did a round up piece of every exciting player at the Euros and in the section about Jadon Sancho it mentions that he's expected to join United this summer. Its not meant as news or a leak. Its just that some Utd Twitter feed then repackaged that one sentence as though it were a story to get some retweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.